LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Bowl Games Prospect Watch #2 (Dec. 29-31)

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
This QB class is rather depressing. I want to like Locker -- he's a high character kid with great scrambling ability, but I just don't know.

Which QB with serious issues in this class is going to turn out great? No one knows. Perhaps someone like Ponder, Kaepernick, or Devlin would be the best for this team if we landed a strong veteran QB.

Ponder plays tomorrow, and Devlin plays in the DII Championship I believe on the 4th.

I definetly want to see this Devlin kid play. No to Ponder....hell no at that. I know nothing on Kaepernick.

I too want to see Locker show something...I was looking foward to this game....but he hasnt thrown the ball enough in a win....which is good for him...its a big time win for him and UW. I want to see him with more talent around him at the Senior Bowl

Should be a real good test to see if he belongs in the 1st.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Can't believe nebraska is going to lose this game

all credit goes to Chris Polk, and UW's D....Jake has done a good job....running the ball.
Backup QB is soooo bad.
foster is a beast.
again....i point out that jake Locker has Chris Polk helping him out...a good RB makes a qb's job easier. That said....a great win for Jake and UDUB. Good for them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
foster is a beast.

I agree. Looks like a Ted.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
foster is a beast.

He actually plays OLB, fyi.
again....i point out that jake Locker has Chris Polk helping him out...a good RB makes a qb's job easier. That said....a great win for Jake and UDUB. Good for them.
wont deny that...but you have to admit that his receivers werent a help at all. if a receiver is well covered, you just cant throw him open.

a will, isnt he?

[ Edited by communist on Dec 30, 2010 at 22:35:14 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
foster is a beast.

Hes actually played all three spots fyi.
wont deny that...but you have to admit that his receivers werent a help at all. if a receiver is well covered, you just cant throw him open.

True....but he can throw it to spots where they can make the catch...the games I have seen the last couple of years....he doesent do that well...it wasnt just wasnt Nebraska these two games.

a will, isnt he?

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Dec 30, 2010 at 22:41:54 ]

foster is a beast.

Just informing you of the main position.
Quote:
True....but he can throw it to spots where they can make the catch...the games I have seen the last couple of years....he doesent do that well...it wasnt just to Nebraska these two games.
ok, you could try to make a throw in the back of the receiver (same as in the back of his cornerback)...but then again, you have to know how fast your receiver can react to that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
foster is a beast.

In all seriousness OTC, hes got it all, rushes the passer, nice job on shedding blocks, can drop into coverage. I say Ted, because I'd love to see him pair with Willis and I also favor the 3-4 more.
foster is a beast.

Love that guy.
foster is a beast.

In all seriousness OTC, hes got it all, rushes the passer, nice job on shedding blocks, can drop into coverage. I say Ted, because I'd love to see him pair with Willis and I also favor the 3-4 more.

Yo Kolohe, you seem to be the only other UW knowledgeable person outside myself but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Foster is a total beast, but I definitely think he's more of a Mike in a 3-4 or an OLB in a 4-3. I don't think he would be great absorbing blockers for Willis
Share 49ersWebzone