LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Bowl Games Prospect Watch #2 (Dec. 29-31)

I'm beginning to understand why Locker tucks it away so fast. His receivers are a steaming pile of garbage, so bad to the point where when it's clear they're not going to get open, he might as well try to run and get the yardage he can instead of sitting there getting sacked by the time his receivers try to come back to the ball, if they even do.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Locker is still throwing horrible balls....on the one short completion, and the throw in between defenders.
perhaps it was a little bit too hard but still better than a cassel-like throw which even my unborn child can intercept and return for a td.

[ Edited by communist on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:28:35 ]
They should copy a page from Auburn's playbook and start running play action with Locker and the running back.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
They should copy a page from Auburn's playbook and start running play action with Locker and the running back.

I actually saw then run some of Gus Malzone's plays with Locker and Polk. 2 plays that I can remember
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Jcool.
Originally posted by communist:
Locker is still throwing horrible balls....on the one short completion, and the throw in between defenders.
perhaps it was a little bit too hard but still better than a cassel-like throw which even my unborn child can intercept and return for a td.

yeah that is why he has 27 Tds and 5 Ints this year.
Originally posted by Jcool:

whom are u talking about?

Matt Cassell obviously.

[ Edited by jojomellon on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:35:18 ]
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Matt Cassell obviously.
oh sorry...cassel is a system-qb who can be lucky to have such a good running game around him. good manager, not more...was overrated after that one year as a starter with the pats, is still overrated.

Matt Cassell obviously.
oh sorry...cassel is a system-qb who can be lucky to have such a good running game around him. good manager, not more...was overrated after that one year as a starter with the pats, is still overrated.
I have no idea what the comparison was either.

Matt Cassell obviously.

you expect people to take you seriously?

nice drive by Jake....he actually threw to Polk.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Matt Cassell obviously.

He likes Jimmy Claussen. Id expect the answer to be no.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Matt Cassell obviously.

He likes Jimmy Claussen. Id expect the answer to be no.
i wanted to point to cassel's non-existing arm strength...ok, even matt should be able to cannon a throw over such a short distance.
oh, i'm sorry that i like clausen...perhaps i dont give up on ROOKIES that fast like u do

[ Edited by communist on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:44:51 ]
Damn if Locker kept running towards the pylon he might have made it. He tried to run over the CB and it didn't work.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Damn if Locker kept running towards the pylon he might have made it. He tried to run over the CB and it didn't work.

he had to receivers open, he just didnt look up....he was intent on running over Dennard.
Share 49ersWebzone