There are 244 users in the forums

Mock Draft/Team Needs Options; Feel free to disect

Potential Team needs and Draft options
December 21st, 2010
by Jason

Now, lets take a look at some of the NFL team needs heading into the off-season.

- Carolina Panthers - Clearly the panthers need a lot of stuff, and whether it be a QB like Andrew Luck, to a DE like Bowers or Clayborn, and even WR A.J. Green, any of them would be a good addition to the team, and a building block for the future.

Needs: QB, DE and WR

- Cincinnati Bengals - They have Carson Palmer currently at QB, but if Luck, depending on his status for the draft, is there, then he would likely be the pick. Another alternative is a WR like AJ Green or Julio Jones. Or they could go defense, with a DE like Bowers or Clayborn or a CB like Peterson and Amukamara.

Needs: QB, DE, CB and WR

- Buffalo Bills - Clearly the Bills have a ton of needs, this franchise is in shambles. They need a franchise QB, but the likely hood, if the Bills draft outside the top 2-3, there is not a chance Luck is there. So why not look to the WR spot, and take A.J. Green or Julio Jones. Another need is DL, maybe Dareus(Alabama), Austin(UNC), Clayborn(Iowa) or Bowers(Clemson). And lastly, depending on there draft position, it is a need, but likely not the pick, a OT, no real top notch Tackle will be there for them.

Needs: QB, WR, OT and DE

- Detroit Lions - Now, a team who actually has a QB drafted in the last 3 years and is the future face of the franchise. So, go DE or CB, like mentioned above, or a big DT/NT like Auburn's Nick Fairley.

Needs: DE, DT and CB

- Denver Bronocs - Biggest need for them is CB, so I believe Peterson, but unlikely to be there, so I would go Amukamara. If not, then you look DL, with a guy like Adrian Clayborn or Robert Quinn, who could play OLB in there 3-4 scheme.

Needs: CB, DE, OLB and DT

- Dallas Cowboys - I know what Cowboys fan are thinking, Andrew Luck, but I hate to break the news, but Romo is not going anywhere, not with the big hefty salary that he carries around, so there biggest needs are clear to me, CB, OLB and OL.

Needs: CB, OLB and OL

- Arizona Cardinals - A big need is QB, so why not Jake Locker of Washington. If not a QB, then you look at the DL with a Marcel Dareus or Marvin Austin. One more option is UNC Pass Rusher Robert Quinn, who could play OLB and help with the defense, that has struggled.

Needs: QB, NT, OL and OLB

- San Francisco 49ers - Needs galore for this team, and the sad part is if the 49ers make the playoffs at 7-9, they can pick no higher than in the 20's. And would lose out on some big name players. The biggest need is at QB, CB and OLB. If outside the top 20, look for a guy like Jeremy Beal(OLB), Brandon Harris, Janoris Jenkins or Brandon Burton at CB & don't be surprised if they go OL, with Florida's Mike Pouncey, who can play OG and C, and could be the future at C, but my personal favorite as a sleeper for the OL and the niners, is Penn State's Stefan Wisniewski.

Needs: QB, CB, OLB and C/OG

- Tennessee Titans - A big need for the Titans is at WR, it is clear, after claiming Randy Moss off waivers, he just was not the player they needed or could use. So look for this pick, WR Justin Blackmon from Oklahoma State, now is he Dez Bryant or Rashaun Woods, who knows, but hopefully he is not either and is just Justin Blackmon.

Needs: WR, OL and RB

- Washington Redskins - This team may be a mess, McNabb got a 80M deal earlier this year, and now has been benched, and likely won't return to Washington in 2011. So, does QB become a priority, or is there another big need out there. If there I think it has to be a WR, either Green, Jones or Blackmon, if not, then turn to RB, and take a Ingram, Demarco Murray or one of my favorites, VA Tech's Ryan Williams.

Needs: WR, QB, OL and RB

- Houston Texans - clearly the Defense is the need here. Whether DL, or DB they need talent, to go with Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans. So, they are likely out of position for one of the two top Cornerbacks, so I say either go with Brandon Burton, Janoris Jenkins or Brandon Harris. Of course, they could upgrade the DL and go with a guy like Cameron Heyward of Ohio State, or go Safety with the top guy Rahim Moore, but that may be a reach. But who knows, ask jacksonville and san diego about reaching or what I call "doing anythign to get your man".

Needs: DL, CB and S

- Minnesota Vikings - with Favre likely retiring, or maybe not, but lets say he retires. Then the need is QB, go with Mallet or Locker if there. If not, CB is a need as is S, so again Moore at S. Or one of the 3 CB's. If not, then you can go BPA, like a replacement for OLB Chad Greenway, as he is a FA and could leave, or a WR for a possible departing Sidney Rice.

Needs: CB, S, QB, WR and OLB

- Seattle Seahawks - I am putting it out there, if they do not win the west, the Hawks take Cam Newton of Auburn. They need a future, and Newton, well to me, is not the QB you would want, but Pete Carroll is a college guy and knows the competition.

Needs: QB

- St. Louis Rams - Big need is WR so why not go with Baldwin or Floyd if drafting in the 20's, if not then I can see them doing a number of things. OLB and CB.

Needs: WR, CB and OLB

NOTE: Made this a few days prior to last weeks games.
I think with major changes coming in Cincy that its very realistic Carson Palmer won't be around. He's already stated that he won't take a pay cut to stay there, which they're going to ask them to do. As far as Buffalo, they don't strike me as the type to make "sexy" pick so high up in the draft. It's either QB for them or they go with a grunt type position. For the Niners I'd be ecstatic with either Peterson or Prince. I'd include Bowers but I think he'll be gone. Clayborn might not be a bad get either.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
I think with major changes coming in Cincy that its very realistic Carson Palmer won't be around. He's already stated that he won't take a pay cut to stay there, which they're going to ask them to do. As far as Buffalo, they don't strike me as the type to make "sexy" pick so high up in the draft. It's either QB for them or they go with a grunt type position. For the Niners I'd be ecstatic with either Peterson or Prince. I'd include Bowers but I think he'll be gone. Clayborn might not be a bad get either.

They drafted C.J Spiller last year when they had Jackson AND Lynch (who they just drafted 3 years ago)
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by JDeezy:

They drafted C.J Spiller last year when they had Jackson AND Lynch (who they just drafted 3 years ago)

That's precisely why i'm not expecting them to do it again this year. They already have Lee Evans and it may be my own bias. I'm not sure AJ Green is a sure fire lock top 5 pick ala Calvin Johnson. Yeah he was suspended, but I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on him, doesn't mean they won't they are the Bills after all.
The titans needs are way off. Moss has nothing to do with their need for WR. They have an absolute stud in Britt who was an 09 first rounder and lots of number 2 types in Gage and Washington and a very good receiving TE in Cook Jr. Plus, they're a running team. Need for them would be the middle of the OL, DT, LB and maybe a CB. Plus, you know, a QUARTERBACK.
Share 49ersWebzone