LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Sneaky idea

Fox is out of CAR after this year. Offer a trade to him right now for the first overall pick. He pulls the trigger in the last week in exchange for a job.

I know it's not realistic. Just thought I'd throw a sneaky idea out there.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Fox is out of CAR after this year. Offer a trade to him right now for the first overall pick. He pulls the trigger in the last week in exchange for a job.

I know it's not realistic. Just thought I'd throw a sneaky idea out there.

Trade deadline already passed week 6 so can't happen
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Is this you?!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
^^^Epic pic!

Yea Carolina has a lot of options with that #1 pick. Carolina has had Fox for the long haul and 1 absolutely horrible year with young players all over the field might not exactly spell the end of his tenure if you ask me. We're all saying "maybe they wont draft Luck" but maybe we should be saying "what if they don't fire Fox?" If you look at Fox's record he has 3 big 11+ win seasons 5 .500 win % years mixed in and this year They have finished 2nd in the NFC south 5 times. Unless Carolina just wants a change for change sake they might surprise everyone and not even fire Fox -- They haven't done it yet and if they don't do in on January 3rd I don't think they will do it at all. I personally see Carolina giving him 1 more year with Clausen or Pike and getting some real talent around them and on the defensive side of the ball. I think they rode the Delhomme train 3 years too long and could easily fix things with this draft.
Originally posted by sfout:
^^^Epic pic!

Yea Carolina has a lot of options with that #1 pick. Carolina has had Fox for the long haul and 1 absolutely horrible year with young players all over the field might not exactly spell the end of his tenure if you ask me. We're all saying "maybe they wont draft Luck" but maybe we should be saying "what if they don't fire Fox?" If you look at Fox's record he has 3 big 11+ win seasons 5 .500 win % years mixed in and this year They have finished 2nd in the NFC south 5 times. Unless Carolina just wants a change for change sake they might surprise everyone and not even fire Fox -- They haven't done it yet and if they don't do in on January 3rd I don't think they will do it at all. I personally see Carolina giving him 1 more year with Clausen or Pike and getting some real talent around them and on the defensive side of the ball. I think they rode the Delhomme train 3 years too long and could easily fix things with this draft.

his contract ends in a week, and they have not renewed it
  • evil
  • Veteran
Marty Hurney is the GM not John Fox. Besides the league can disapprove any trade, and this would certainly be disapproved and land Fox is serious hot water with the league and could also see the Panthers file a lawsuit against Fox.

*Insert epic facepalm here*
He doesn't have the authority to make a trade - only the GM does.
why would we want the first pick when Luck is staying?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why would we want the first pick when Luck is staying?

Don't you know? We're always a year off. Had CAR's pick a year too early, had the 1st overall pick in the draft a year too late, fired Nolan a year late, or a year early...no Holmgren for us. Always a year off...

Share 49ersWebzone