LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Crazy's First/Last Mock of 2010

• TX9R
  • Veteran
The Marty/ Kolb scenario is something I was just discussing a few weeks ago that is very plausible and makes a lot of sense. If I were Philly though I would want to see Vick play well for another season and more importantly, stay healthy. I'm not convinced either will happen and Kolb's contract is cap friendly.
We need an upgrade at WR. Morgan and Crabtree still just makes me
good mock bro
  • evil
  • Veteran
Why wouldn't Holmgren or Gruden retain Ryan ? He has greatly improved the defense in Cleveland, and without a blue chip pass rusher.
^^ryan has done a great job, and I could only see him leaving if it's for a better job not a lateral move.

As for the mock if you add in signing a good vet CB then this would be a good fit. TKO isn't gonna be an effective OLB in a 4-3. In a 4-3 TKO and Willis play the same position.
Your starting DT's are Soap and a 40 year old Robaire Smith coming off two straight trips to the IR? Im having nightmares already. And having Justin Smith playing RE and Clayborn LE is kind of opposite the way you'd want it. Wouldnt you want Smith playing the strong side, over the RT, playing the run over the rookie who can play the weakside and worry more about pass rushing only.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Your starting DT's are Soap and a 40 year old Robaire Smith coming off two straight trips to the IR? Im having nightmares already. And having Justin Smith playing RE and Clayborn LE is kind of opposite the way you'd want it. Wouldnt you want Smith playing the strong side, over the RT, playing the run over the rookie who can play the weakside and worry more about pass rushing only.

Oops, wrote that wrong and should fix that, good call jojo

Also, Robaire Smith will not be asked to do much outside of eating up blockers and maintaining the LOS. Think he'd rotate every two downs and out on passing downs. Soap I think would benefit from a Dana Stubblefield/"Booger" McFarland type of role in at the 1 technique since his strength and above average speed would command both extra blocking and occasional trips into the backfield.

Overall, we need to free up our LB core and find that the 4-3 would suit better to our talent. The positive about Ryan would be he's talented enough to run multiple defenses and can always switch back to the 3-4 if necessary.

Another switch I think I should do would be to not resign Spikes, move Bowman to starting OLB, and draft a OLB.

[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Dec 30, 2010 at 15:24:51 ]
Share 49ersWebzone