There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kenny Tate and Torrey Smith

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

Supposedly both these Maryland players will likely enter the draft. I remember seeing Tate play before and being impressed, but I never paid attention to Smith. When I looked at his numbers however, they were really good. Their bowl game is tomorrow at like 10:30 or 9:30 in the morning PST I believe, so we should get a good chance to see what they can do. Tate is a 6'4'' junior with 4 picks on the year, that seems to me like he has a lot of potential to be a ball hawk but I dunno if that'd mean he'd be too tall to cover guys well. Any of you guys have opinions on these 2 players?
I think Torrey Smith, if he runs as well as reported, in the low 4.3 range, will be the second WR taken off the board in the draft, and will be a top 15 pick.

He was a better college WR than Heyward-Bey, and will run just as fast. I expect that Smith, and Oregon State DT S. Paea, will be the two players that make a meteoric leap up the draft board.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Torrey Smith, if he runs as well as reported, in the low 4.3 range, will be the second WR taken off the board in the draft, and will be a top 15 pick.

He was a better college WR than Heyward-Bey, and will run just as fast. I expect that Smith, and Oregon State DT S. Paea, will be the two players that make a meteoric leap up the draft board.

As far as I'm concerned, Paea was a top 15-30 pick at the start of the season and still remains there today. He'd be a great fit in a 4-3 team. Chicago comes to mind as one of those teams in which he'd be a great fit.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

Supposedly both these Maryland players will likely enter the draft. I remember seeing Tate play before and being impressed, but I never paid attention to Smith. When I looked at his numbers however, they were really good. Their bowl game is tomorrow at like 10:30 or 9:30 in the morning PST I believe, so we should get a good chance to see what they can do. Tate is a 6'4'' junior with 4 picks on the year, that seems to me like he has a lot of potential to be a ball hawk but I dunno if that'd mean he'd be too tall to cover guys well. Any of you guys have opinions on these 2 players?

Smith declared, FYI

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/24544/Its-official-Torrey-Smith-NFL-bound?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

As far as I'm concerned, Paea was a top 15-30 pick at the start of the season and still remains there today. He'd be a great fit in a 4-3 team. Chicago comes to mind as one of those teams in which he'd be a great fit.

I think he is the most athletic DT in this draft, and when he works out in front of scouts and coaches at the combine, running more like a LB than a lumbering DT, I think his stock is going to soar.

I could see Minnesota reloading at DT with Paea if Pat Williams retires or is not re-signed by the team this offseason. They are in the 14th slot right now.