LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

Frisco69er Mock Offseason 1.0

Originally posted by YungAce:
brandon harris in the top 10

every mock i check out has him in the late first-early second range

then again, they are mocks and anything could happen. i like this one

pick is based off more of a need, and I think his stock will soar see Rodgers Cromartie
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
The only thing thats remotely decent about this offseason is the Brandon Harris pick and it may even be a bit high.

Lets start with the move to the 4-3. Really dont like this at all especially since we dont address the DE position. Also Spikes is wayyyyy to slow to play OLB and we would most likely have to move Willis there. No thanks.

Most of the offseason doesnt make sense either.

Also Kerrigan is a first rounder and Ayers will most likely be as well so idk whats with them going in the 3rd and 2nd respectively.

Also we fail to address the QB. God I Troy Smith sucks and I dont care about coaching, the guy is a little b***h who blows. He had one decent yet lucky game. Alex completed more passes in 3 possessions that Troy did in three quarters.
If Gruden is out coach im 10000000% positive Troy Smith will not be our starter.

Just so much is awkward with this.

why the hell would Willis play OLB?? are you on drugs?

Wow...you really dont know much about football huh?

In your mock you resigned TKO and moved to the 4-3.
TKO is too slow to play OLB in a 4-3 first off.
If you knew anything about football you'd know OLB's in a 4-3 need to be decently fast.
For example: the Carolina Panthers moved Jon Beason to OLB earlier this season because Dan Connor wasn't fast or athletic enough to play outside.

So maybe you should understand football or even watch a little before you do a mock offseason and call me out because it's a very realistic possibility if we resign TKO and move to the 4-3.
Ryan Kerrigan in the 3rd?

The guy is a 1st round prospect and his stock is higher than Brandon Harris.

Wishful mock though. No way we'll be able to resign all those players and sign the free agents you listed.
  • dj43
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
I like the Devlin pick, but we can't start a rookie right away again.

I would like to bring in a cheap veteran like Kyle Orton

I agree we will have to bring in "somebody" to start until the rookie (Devlin?) can start, however, Orton won't be available. Though Tebow continues to look promising, his running style will demand Denver keeps a solid backup even when he takes over the starting job.

Troy Smith is not the answer. His reputation for inaccuracy goes all the way back to his Baltimore days. His single game against a St Louis team that had no film on him is far from an adequate reputation on which to build. The more accurate look is what he did last Sunday...or what he didn't do.
The only thing thats remotely decent about this offseason is the Brandon Harris pick and it may even be a bit high.

Lets start with the move to the 4-3. Really dont like this at all especially since we dont address the DE position. Also Spikes is wayyyyy to slow to play OLB and we would most likely have to move Willis there. No thanks.

Also Kerrigan is a first rounder and Ayers will most likely be as well so idk whats with them going in the 3rd and 2nd respectively.

Also we fail to address the QB. God I Troy Smith sucks and I dont care about coaching, the guy is a little b***h who blows. He had one decent yet lucky game. Alex completed more passes in 3 possessions that Troy did in three quarters.
If Gruden is out coach im 10000000% positive Troy Smith will not be our starter.

If you knew anything about football you'd know OLB's in a 4-3 need to be decently fast.
For example: the Carolina Panthers moved Jon Beason to OLB earlier this season because Dan Connor wasn't fast or athletic enough to play outside.

So maybe you should understand football or even watch a little before you do a mock offseason and call me out because it's a very realistic possibility if we resign TKO and move to the 4-3.

well we are not the Panthers are we,

secondly TKO is still a good football player and has 2 years left in him.

also lets see your mock so I can laugh at how bad of a job you would do
Still having 'I'm so bad that after playing 1/2 game the coaching staff is scared to death of putting me in' Carr is not an option. Literally anybody besides him as 3rd string.

well we are not the Panthers are we,

secondly TKO is still a good football player and has 2 years left in him.

Never said he wasnt good but he's not ideal for OLB in a 4-3.

Also my mock will be out once the regular season is over. I'll make sure to let you know.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WOW. Frisco you've got a huge mass of stretches all over the place. Harris in the top TEN!? Ayers in the 2nd!? My friend, barring something miraculous that's just not going to happen.

Kerrigan is an almost sure-fire first rounder. There's no way he falls to the 3rd barring injury. He's an absolute monster. I highly doubt Devine falls that far in the 3rd, and Devlin.. well, that's not completely far fetched, but still a tad unlikely at this point for him to go in the 4th.

The picks positionally (positionally in the sense of RB, QB, etc.) are not bad but the projections are all over the place. This isn't terribly realistic.

Devine will defintaly fall because of his size and weight, we have seen this before wiht Desean JAckson and McCluster.

I believe Ayers def has first round talent, but that doesnt always mean he is going in the first. Perfect example from last year was Sergio Kindle who went 49.

And with the Brandon Harris pick is based off of need desperatley for a good CB. Right now he is a top 20 player, and his stock could rise or fall greatly depending on the bowl game and combine

Frisco, I'm not sure what you mean -- Jackson went high in the 2nd. And McCluster was selected FOURTH in the Second round last year. That's how close he was to going in the first round.

Ayers was seen as a pre-season top 5 pick. He's virtually a first round lock. He'd have to collapse in the bowl and workouts to fall out. Kindle was seen as a top 20 pick at best, but was considered almost unanimously by analysts as a late 1st to early 2nd round grade.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 29, 2010 at 13:02:13 ]
Alright guys: we finish 6-10

GM- Floyd Reese
HC- John Gruden
OC- Gary Kubiac (spelling)
DC- Tampa 2 Guy (We switch to the 4-3)

Resign:
OG David Baas
QB Troy Smith
FS Dashon Goldson (not givin the starting job 3rd S)
RB Brian Westbrook
LB TKO (2yrs)
DE Manny Lawson
OG Tony Wragge
DE Ray MacDonald (man is a beast)

Cut/Release:
DE Evans (has done nothing)
OT Sims (lost a step, 36)
K Nedney (may be done for his career, great 49er though)
QB Alex Smith (project is over, he goes to MIA)
QB Nate Davis (new staff doesnt drink the koolaide)
DE Parys Haralson
Cb Will James (trash)
FS Curtis Taylor

Free Agents:
RG Logan Mankins NE (big money, stabilizes the O-Line)
DT Barry Cofield NYG (new starter for the 4-3, replaces Franklin)
CB Eric Wright CLE (gets cut b/c of injuries but when healthy he is a good CB)
OT Tony Ugoh IND (labled bust, but still very raw/young 25, and with good coaching could give us good depth)

Sign and Trade NT Franklin to Denver for a 3rd round pick.

Trade: OG Chilo Rachel to WASH for 5th round pick

Draft: Luck stays and Prince and Peterson are gone

10th: CB Brandon Harris Miami 5-11 195 (total baller, pushes Nate to be the nickle CB where he can focus more on hitting and disrupting the middle)

2nd: OLB Akeem Ayers UCLA 6-4 252 (future replacement for Spikes, and helps us make easy transition to the 4-3)

3rd (DEN): DE Ryan Kerrigan Purdue 6-4 263 (non stop motor, passion for the game)

3rd: RB Noel Devine WV 5-8 175 4.31 (Think McCluster, matchup nightmare, game breaking speed, only reason he falls is b/c of injury and size)

4th: QB Pat Devlin Delaware 6-4 220 (Develope QB for Future, great arm and accuracy and has the "it" instict you can't teach)

4th: S Jeron Johnson Boise St 5-11 200 (gives us great depth at S and replaces the bum Curtis Taylor)

5th: FB Shaun Chapas Georgia 6-2 245 (Future FB in new system)

5th (WASH): CB Darrin Walls ND (good hitter and is the 6th CB)

6th: WR Armon Binns Cinncinatti 6-4 201 (reciever with some height, and nice hands)

Mock Roster:

QB Smith Devlin Carr
RB Gore Westbrook Dixon Devine
FB Chapas
WR Crabs Ziegler Williams
WR Morgan Ginn Binns
TE VD Walker Byham
LT Staley Ugoh
LG Iupati Snyder
C Heitman Bass
RG Mankins Wragge
RT Davis Boone

RE Smith Kerrigan
DT Cofield MacDonald
DT Soap Ricky-J
LE Lawson Laboy Gibson
OLB Bowman Brooks
MLB Willis McKillop
OLB Spikes Ayers
CB Spencer Wright Walls
FS Reggie Goldson
SS Mays Johnson
CB Harris Nate Brown

K Reed
P Lee
LS Jennings

GOALS ACCOPMLISHED:
1) Get some decent coaching for once
2) Make this Defense NASTY again
3) Fix the Secondary
4) Get a QB to develope with great tools
5) Fix the Gap at RG
6) Deal with the douche (Franklin)
7) Draft a Passrusher early

Sorry But the Qb situation still would suck. No thanks

QB Smith Devlin Carr
fail
Im usually not super critical over guys mock offseasons, but, geezz.. I'd be fine with the coaching staff.. No way both Smith and Carr stay, no way possible. Now way we carry 4 RB's nope never gonna happen. No way do 3 first round picks fall into our laps, and Noel would probably go in the 2nd round maybe early 3rd just no..

No to Tony Ugoh he's been shund by the colts couldnt stay healthy and blew.. Wright isnt even as good as Terrell Brown so I dont see the sense in signing him. I do like Mankins but I would almost guarentee the Pats sign him up. Epic Fail on the QB situation, and the draft. IDK about the young QB you have selected he may be the next Flacco I wont downplay him but your draft is just off base.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'm sorry, we can't go in to next season with Troy Smith as a starter. Can't happen.

again like all the others: then who? you offer no solutions only complaints like 50% of the people on this board

ANYBODY but Troy Smith.. Maybe Mallett, sign a veteran, trade for Orton or Kolb, there are a lot of better options than Troy Smith.

there is no way we are getting Kolb and Orton is just average at best

Orton just average at best? The guy is still a top 10 QB statistically and he did not have a run game to support him for most than half the season. The Niners could live with that type of average.........

yes I think Orton is a easy fix to a completely horrible QB situation. He wont be our savior but will do alot better then anything on the roster and he'll come at a easy price probably a 4th or 5th round pick. Forget Carr, say we resign Troy and draft the best QB we can find.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
I like the Devlin pick, but we can't start a rookie right away again.

I would like to bring in a cheap veteran like Kyle Orton

I agree we will have to bring in "somebody" to start until the rookie (Devlin?) can start, however, Orton won't be available. Though Tebow continues to look promising, his running style will demand Denver keeps a solid backup even when he takes over the starting job.

Troy Smith is not the answer. His reputation for inaccuracy goes all the way back to his Baltimore days. His single game against a St Louis team that had no film on him is far from an adequate reputation on which to build. The more accurate look is what he did last Sunday...or what he didn't do.

I think your wrong, Denver wont want to pay their #2 QB 8.8 million dollars next season. If you are right, there's Carson Palmer who probably will be on the market.
SUX COX
Share 49ersWebzone