There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frisco69er Mock Offseason 1.0

I'm sorry, we can't go in to next season with Troy Smith as a starter. Can't happen.
God no I don't want Troy Smith to be more than 3rd string QB on this team.

Sorry, but

Can't do it.

Won't do it.

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Dec 28, 2010 at 12:02:11 ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'm sorry, we can't go in to next season with Troy Smith as a starter. Can't happen.

again like all the others: then who? you offer no solutions only complaints like 50% of the people on this board
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

again like all the others: then who? you offer no solutions only complaints like 50% of the people on this board

ANYBODY but Troy Smith.. Maybe Mallett, sign a veteran, trade for Orton or Kolb, there are a lot of better options than Troy Smith.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ok mock. I just don't see the value in taking Harris that high to be honest. And I'm not sold on Devlin at all. And I sure don't want Troy Smith starting next year. Ayers will probably be off the board in the 2nd and the same for most of your picks. And nobody is trading away a 3rd rounder for an over 30 NT. And didn't Denver trade their 3rd rounder to Baltimore in the Tebow deal? so not sure if that trade is even possible.

first of all calm down, okay

We need and have to have another good CB if we want to make the playoffs and actually win a game.

Dont over analyze the Franklin trade, all it means is that we ship him out wether it is Den or Mia or the Jets or Ravens. the point I am making is that we arent going to keep him, foucs on that part and not the ramifications of which city.

And like all the other tards you offer no SOLUTION at QB

I'm very calm and you should slow down with the juvenile name calling it's not that serious. And how can you put a trade in your mock then say don't really pay attention to what the trade details are? The Jets, Ravens, and Dolphins are set @ NT and wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for a back up. I understand that you don't think they want to keep him, but trading him away for a 3rd rounder is a pretty huge leap. So you should have just put him on the players not to resign list.

I have no problem taking a CB I just think that's a little too high for Harris.

I can't take your mock and give a solution to the qb situation b/c I have no clue who you have the other teams ahead of the Niners drafting. Now if that was listed I would have given you a much better breakdown. Could be Newton or Mallet if still available. Could be a possible trade for Kolb, Palmer, or Orton.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

ANYBODY but Troy Smith.. Maybe Mallett, sign a veteran, trade for Orton or Kolb, there are a lot of better options than Troy Smith.

there is no way we are getting Kolb and Orton is just average at best

Well Kyle Ortons a much better QB than Troy Smith is, in my opinion.
WOW. Frisco you've got a huge mass of stretches all over the place. Harris in the top TEN!? Ayers in the 2nd!? My friend, barring something miraculous that's just not going to happen.

Kerrigan is an almost sure-fire first rounder. There's no way he falls to the 3rd barring injury. He's an absolute monster. I highly doubt Devine falls that far in the 3rd, and Devlin.. well, that's not completely far fetched, but still a tad unlikely at this point for him to go in the 4th.

The picks positionally (positionally in the sense of RB, QB, etc.) are not bad but the projections are all over the place. This isn't terribly realistic.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 28, 2010 at 12:48:44 ]

Orton just average at best? The guy is still a top 10 QB statistically and he did not have a run game to support him for most than half the season. The Niners could live with that type of average.........

I think guys like Orton and Kolb are going to be available. I would take either of them before Troy Smith.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
I'm not holding my blanket for Luck, I don't even think he is coming out, but that's a whole different issue.

Have you not watched the games Troy has played? He has never thrown the ball under 4 seconds from the snap, is not accurate, and makes horrible decisions.

And you do realize the same team he threw for 356 yards against the first time, he only went 7-19, 153 yards, 1 pick, 3 fumbles, and 1 lucky TD.

Troy Smith sucks.

okay you really seem to not know anything about this team:

THEY ALL SUCK

this is because of atrocious coaching and no half time adjustments

how can you blame the QB when every other damn play there is a penalty to make it 1st and 15 and 2nd and 20. No QB can suceed in those type of situations. Troy SMith did convert a 4th and 22 cluthc in the game to have us win. Just dont blame him when the coaching is the poisen of this team. And how can you blame just him, Chilo is trash and to be honest you might as well blame Frank Gore vause he really hasnt done much this season too, same for Willis. The point is dont judge some guy when we have had 6 years of Alex Smith.

Troy has shown the limitations in his game that we told pretty much to expect. He is just not very good in the pocket (inaccurate and holds the ball too long). He can make things happen outside of the pocket but ultimately a QB is going to earn his stripes inside of it. I just don't think the Niners can go into next season pinning their hopes on Troy Smith as their #1.

Problem is that the free agent market is pretty slim. Maybe get Orton or Kolb but I don't know if the price will be steeper than the Niners can pay. If they got Luck maybe they could trot him out there sooner rather than later (ala Bradford) but I really don't see how they can get Luck. If they got any other QB I think they should sit and learn. So, it is a lousy situation all the way around.
brandon harris in the top 10

every mock i check out has him in the late first-early second range

then again, they are mocks and anything could happen. i like this one
The only thing thats remotely decent about this offseason is the Brandon Harris pick and it may even be a bit high.

Lets start with the move to the 4-3. Really dont like this at all especially since we dont address the DE position. Also Spikes is wayyyyy to slow to play OLB and we would most likely have to move Willis there. No thanks.

Most of the offseason doesnt make sense either.

Also Kerrigan is a first rounder and Ayers will most likely be as well so idk whats with them going in the 3rd and 2nd respectively.

Denver isnt going to give us a third for Abrayo let alone a sign and trade. This isnt the NBA.

Also we fail to address the QB. God I Troy Smith sucks and I dont care about coaching, the guy is a little b***h who blows. He had one decent yet lucky game. Alex completed more passes in 3 possessions that Troy did in three quarters.
If Gruden is out coach im 10000000% positive Troy Smith will not be our starter.

Just so much is awkward with this.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WOW. Frisco you've got a huge mass of stretches all over the place. Harris in the top TEN!? Ayers in the 2nd!? My friend, barring something miraculous that's just not going to happen.

Kerrigan is an almost sure-fire first rounder. There's no way he falls to the 3rd barring injury. He's an absolute monster. I highly doubt Devine falls that far in the 3rd, and Devlin.. well, that's not completely far fetched, but still a tad unlikely at this point for him to go in the 4th.

The picks positionally (positionally in the sense of RB, QB, etc.) are not bad but the projections are all over the place. This isn't terribly realistic.

Devine will defintaly fall because of his size and weight, we have seen this before wiht Desean JAckson and McCluster.

I believe Ayers def has first round talent, but that doesnt always mean he is going in the first. Perfect example from last year was Sergio Kindle who went 49.

And with the Brandon Harris pick is based off of need desperatley for a good CB. Right now he is a top 20 player, and his stock could rise or fall greatly depending on the bowl game and combine
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
The only thing thats remotely decent about this offseason is the Brandon Harris pick and it may even be a bit high.

Lets start with the move to the 4-3. Really dont like this at all especially since we dont address the DE position. Also Spikes is wayyyyy to slow to play OLB and we would most likely have to move Willis there. No thanks.

Most of the offseason doesnt make sense either.

Also Kerrigan is a first rounder and Ayers will most likely be as well so idk whats with them going in the 3rd and 2nd respectively.

Also we fail to address the QB. God I Troy Smith sucks and I dont care about coaching, the guy is a little b***h who blows. He had one decent yet lucky game. Alex completed more passes in 3 possessions that Troy did in three quarters.
If Gruden is out coach im 10000000% positive Troy Smith will not be our starter.

Just so much is awkward with this.

why the hell would Willis play OLB?? are you on drugs?