There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frisco69er Mock Offseason 1.0

You lost me when you wanted to re-sign and start Troy Smith.

Some of the rest of the components are good, but this alone is a formula for failure - unless you were hoping for another high draft pick the following year?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Can I make a suggestion? Instead of trading Franklin to Denver for a 3rd rounder, how about Franklin for Orton, straight up?

I thought about Orton, I just think he is a 3-4 year starter type of QB and I see Troy as a 1-2 year filler QB for when Devlin can take the reins

[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Dec 28, 2010 at 09:14:41 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
With as much picks as we have and if we don't go QB in the 1st, and with David Carr as our only signed QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted two QB's this year. And Casey Matthews in the 7th round......no way, too much of a playmaker to fall that low.

i have us getting the QB with the best set of tools for the WCO

Pat Devlin is very highlty regarded on this board and would be a good addition.

The problem I have is none of you guys offer any suggestion sfor a QB just negative comments.

Your opinion and I respect that, but I think Ricky Stanzi would be best if we went to the WCO. When Stanzi gets into a short to medium passing rhythm, watch out. I like Devlin too, only I like Stanzi's mechanics better.

I'd actually switch out Kerrigan for Stanzi and Devine for Jonathan Freeny (Dwight's cousin).
Originally posted by wadjay:
You lost me when you wanted to re-sign and start Troy Smith.

Some of the rest of the components are good, but this alone is a formula for failure - unless you were hoping for another high draft pick the following year?

again with the other guy see his comments and mine but who would you rather have?
McNabb? no thanks
With as much picks as we have and if we don't go QB in the 1st, and with David Carr as our only signed QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted two QB's this year. And Casey Matthews in the 7th round......no way, too much of a playmaker to fall that low.

The problem I have is none of you guys offer any suggestion sfor a QB just negative comments.

Your opinion and I respect that, but I think Ricky Stanzi would be best if we went to the WCO. When Stanzi gets into a short to medium passing rhythm, watch out. I like Devlin too, only I like Stanzi's mechanics better.

I'd actually switch out Kerrigan for Stanzi and Devine for Jonathan Freeny (Dwight's cousin).

great stuff,

I actually really like Stranzi and he was who I was gonna put up there if I didnt like Devlin so much
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

great stuff,

I actually really like Stranzi and he was who I was gonna put up there if I didnt like Devlin so much

Like I said, if we didn't pick a QB in the 1st, then I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted two QB's. And I'd hope we would pick up both Stanzi and Devlin or Ben Chappell of Indiana.
Ok mock. I just don't see the value in taking Harris that high to be honest. And I'm not sold on Devlin at all. And I sure don't want Troy Smith starting next year. Ayers will probably be off the board in the 2nd and the same for most of your picks. And nobody is trading away a 3rd rounder for an over 30 NT. And didn't Denver trade their 3rd rounder to Baltimore in the Tebow deal? so not sure if that trade is even possible.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Ok mock. I just don't see the value in taking Harris that high to be honest. And I'm not sold on Devlin at all. And I sure don't want Troy Smith starting next year. Ayers will probably be off the board in the 2nd and the same for most of your picks. And nobody is trading away a 3rd rounder for an over 30 NT. And didn't Denver trade their 3rd rounder to Baltimore in the Tebow deal? so not sure if that trade is even possible.

first of all calm down, okay

We need and have to have another good CB if we want to make the playoffs and actually win a game.

Dont over analyze the Franklin trade, all it means is that we ship him out wether it is Den or Mia or the Jets or Ravens. the point I am making is that we arent going to keep him, foucs on that part and not the ramifications of which city.

And like all the other tards you offer no SOLUTION at QB
Good post. I'm not really sold on TSmith as QB and would feel more comfortable w/ Palmer [if we could get him] Love the idea of developing a QB instead of throwing him into the fire.

Not sure of what scheme Marvin Lewis would use but he was an excellent DC at the Ravens and will probable be available.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post. I'm not really sold on TSmith as QB and would feel more comfortable w/ Palmer [if we could get him] Love the idea of developing a QB instead of throwing him into the fire.

Not sure of what scheme Marvin Lewis would use but he was an excellent DC at the Ravens and will probable be available.

good stuff,

I use to like Carson Palmer too, but with all the weapons the guy has he just has died almost. But we shall see
with a new coaching staff i can almost guarantee we are going to draft a qb in the first round even if we trade down to the later first round to do it. Especially with the talent in this round at qb - we arent getting luck so give me Newton or even Locker
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Troy Smith sucks.

This^

If you really think Troy Smith is completely inaccurate due to crappy coaching then I don't know what to say. Coaching has nothing to do with accuracy and Troy Smith is as inaccurate as it gets. We better get a new QB this offseason.

[ Edited by TTown9ers on Dec 28, 2010 at 11:36:49 ]
We need a new QB period. I like that focus on secondary, but honestly until the QB position is fixed, we will still be a 5 to 8 win team. All the rest is immaterial.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Troy Smith sucks.

This^

If you really think Troy Smith is completely inaccurate due to crappy coaching then I don't know what to say. Coaching has nothing to do with accuracy and Troy Smith is as inaccurate as it gets. We better get a new QB this offseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSuOUMto0qo

where is the inacuracy on this throw for 45 yards perfect spot for a huge TD
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Troy Smith sucks.

This^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSuOUMto0qo

where is the inacuracy on this throw for 45 yards perfect spot for a huge TD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfB-16XfwRI&feature=related

also here he makes perfect throws