Alright guys: we finish 6-10

GM- Floyd Reese
HC- John Gruden
OC- Gary Kubiac (spelling)
DC- Tampa 2 Guy (We switch to the 4-3)

Resign:
OG David Baas
QB Troy Smith
FS Dashon Goldson (not givin the starting job 3rd S)
RB Brian Westbrook
LB TKO (2yrs)
DE Manny Lawson
OG Tony Wragge
DE Ray MacDonald (man is a beast)

Cut/Release:
DE Evans (has done nothing)
OT Sims (lost a step, 36)
K Nedney (may be done for his career, great 49er though)
QB Alex Smith (project is over, he goes to MIA)
QB Nate Davis (new staff doesnt drink the koolaide)
DE Parys Haralson
Cb Will James (trash)
FS Curtis Taylor

Free Agents:
RG Logan Mankins NE (big money, stabilizes the O-Line)
DT Barry Cofield NYG (new starter for the 4-3, replaces Franklin)
CB Eric Wright CLE (gets cut b/c of injuries but when healthy he is a good CB)
OT Tony Ugoh IND (labled bust, but still very raw/young 25, and with good coaching could give us good depth)

Sign and Trade NT Franklin to Denver for a 3rd round pick.

Trade: OG Chilo Rachel to WASH for 5th round pick

Draft: Luck stays and Prince and Peterson are gone

10th: CB Brandon Harris Miami 5-11 195 (total baller, pushes Nate to be the nickle CB where he can focus more on hitting and disrupting the middle)

2nd: OLB Akeem Ayers UCLA 6-4 252 (future replacement for Spikes, and helps us make easy transition to the 4-3)

3rd (DEN): DE Ryan Kerrigan Purdue 6-4 263 (non stop motor, passion for the game)

3rd: RB Noel Devine WV 5-8 175 4.31 (Think McCluster, matchup nightmare, game breaking speed, only reason he falls is b/c of injury and size)

4th: QB Pat Devlin Delaware 6-4 220 (Develope QB for Future, great arm and accuracy and has the "it" instict you can't teach)

4th: S Jeron Johnson Boise St 5-11 200 (gives us great depth at S and replaces the bum Curtis Taylor)

5th: FB Shaun Chapas Georgia 6-2 245 (Future FB in new system)

5th (WASH): CB Darrin Walls ND (good hitter and is the 6th CB)

6th: WR Armon Binns Cinncinatti 6-4 201 (reciever with some height, and nice hands)

Mock Roster:

QB Smith Devlin Carr
RB Gore Westbrook Dixon Devine
FB Chapas
WR Crabs Ziegler Williams
WR Morgan Ginn Binns
TE VD Walker Byham
LT Staley Ugoh
LG Iupati Snyder
C Heitman Bass
RG Mankins Wragge
RT Davis Boone

RE Smith Kerrigan
DT Cofield MacDonald
DT Soap Ricky-J
LE Lawson Laboy Gibson
OLB Bowman Brooks
MLB Willis McKillop
OLB Spikes Ayers
CB Spencer Wright Walls
FS Reggie Goldson
SS Mays Johnson
CB Harris Nate Brown

K Reed
P Lee
LS Jennings

GOALS ACCOPMLISHED:
1) Get some decent coaching for once
2) Make this Defense NASTY again
3) Fix the Secondary
4) Get a QB to develope with great tools
5) Fix the Gap at RG
6) Deal with the douche (Franklin)
7) Draft a Passrusher early

[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Dec 28, 2010 at 09:07:56 ]
I gotta be honest, it was hard to keep reading after you called Eric Wright a "shutdown CB". I'm not sure if you read that or assumed that, but it's FAR from true. He is a poor man's Clement's who can't tackle. He gambles and gets burned FREQUENTLY. Check the first Baltimore game where the Ravens staff identified him as a glaring weakness and torched him. From the day he arrived in Cleveland he has been too much of a gambler with no sound technique.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I gotta be honest, it was hard to keep reading after you called Eric Wright a "shutdown CB". I'm not sure if you read that or assumed that, but it's FAR from true. He is a poor man's Clement's who can't tackle. He gambles and gets burned FREQUENTLY. Check the first Baltimore game where the Ravens staff identified him as a glaring weakness and torched him. From the day he arrived in Cleveland he has been too much of a gambler with no sound technique.

true i would say that he still needs to develope but as a 4th CB it is a steal.
the guy did very vell when i watched him against randy moss and boldin from what i have seen
I really like the Jeron Johnson pick though!
Having Troy Smith being our starting qb next year makes this an epic fail of a mock offseason.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Having Troy Smith being our starting qb next year makes this an epic fail of a mock offseason.

oh okay so when the guy throws for 356 yards in his third game with all the garbage coaching and playcalling and line you just turn your head. your a bad fan and keep holding your blanket for Luck.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I really like the Jeron Johnson pick though!

yeah he is a beast
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
With as much picks as we have and if we don't go QB in the 1st, and with David Carr as our only signed QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted two QB's this year. And Casey Matthews in the 7th round......no way, too much of a playmaker to fall that low.
I'm not holding my blanket for Luck, I don't even think he is coming out, but that's a whole different issue.

Have you not watched the games Troy has played? He has never thrown the ball under 4 seconds from the snap, is not accurate, and makes horrible decisions.

And you do realize the same team he threw for 356 yards against the first time, he only went 7-19, 153 yards, 1 pick, 3 fumbles, and 1 lucky TD.

Troy Smith sucks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
With as much picks as we have and if we don't go QB in the 1st, and with David Carr as our only signed QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted two QB's this year. And Casey Matthews in the 7th round......no way, too much of a playmaker to fall that low.

i have us getting the QB with the best set of tools for the WCO

Pat Devlin is very highlty regarded on this board and would be a good addition.

The problem I have is none of you guys offer any suggestion sfor a QB just negative comments.

I like the Devlin pick, but we can't start a rookie right away again.

I would like to bring in a cheap veteran like Kyle Orton

[ Edited by TMays_isaBEAST23 on Dec 28, 2010 at 09:03:52 ]
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
I'm not holding my blanket for Luck, I don't even think he is coming out, but that's a whole different issue.

Have you not watched the games Troy has played? He has never thrown the ball under 4 seconds from the snap, is not accurate, and makes horrible decisions.

And you do realize the same team he threw for 356 yards against the first time, he only went 7-19, 153 yards, 1 pick, 3 fumbles, and 1 lucky TD.

Troy Smith sucks.

okay you really seem to not know anything about this team:

THEY ALL SUCK

this is because of atrocious coaching and no half time adjustments

how can you blame the QB when every other damn play there is a penalty to make it 1st and 15 and 2nd and 20. No QB can suceed in those type of situations. Troy SMith did convert a 4th and 22 cluthc in the game to have us win. Just dont blame him when the coaching is the poisen of this team. And how can you blame just him, Chilo is trash and to be honest you might as well blame Frank Gore vause he really hasnt done much this season too, same for Willis. The point is dont judge some guy when we have had 6 years of Alex Smith.
What's funny is that Tony Ugoh is the guy Indy drafted w/ the pick we traded them as part of the Staley trade. Great draft BTW.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
What's funny is that Tony Ugoh is the guy Indy drafted w/ the pick we traded them as part of the Staley trade. Great draft BTW.

thanks I tried to adress all the many needs of this team
Can I make a suggestion? Instead of trading Franklin to Denver for a 3rd rounder, how about Franklin for Orton, straight up?
Share 49ersWebzone