There are 204 users in the forums

We're Probably Picking 5th or 9th - 11th

Barring some fluke, we'll be unable to get higher than 5th in the draft if we lose to Arizona...although buffalo could beat a jets team resting their starters...and Denver could beat a demoralized Chargers team that is now eliminated. That could put us at #3

The 9th/10th/11th discrepancy is due to the uncertainty of the Texans-Jags game and our SOS vs Seattle's.

What's interesting about our SOS comparison with Seattle (if they lose to the Rams) is that we will have a tie in SOS if the Giants and Eagles win as expected and the Packers beat the Bears...if Chicago wins, we pick in front of Seattle. If there's a tie, I believe it comes down to a coin toss.

Below is the worst-case draft order for us if we do end up winning...this ASSUMES no crazy upsets of teams with something to play for by a team without anything to play for...with Minnesota beating Detroit:

1) Carolina 2-14
2) Denver 4-12
3) Cincinnati 4-12
4) Buffalo 4-12
5) Arizona 5-11
6) Dallas 5-11
7) Houston 5-11
8) Detroit 5-11
9) Cleveland 5-11
10) SF 49ers 6-10
11) Seattle 6-10
12) Tennessee 6-10
13) Washington 6-10
14) Minnesota 6-10

In my opinion, #9/#10/#11 has Ryan Mallett written all over it. Picks before us go Luck, Peterson, Bowers, Fairley, Green, Dareus, Amukamura, Quinn, J. Jones (maybe), Mallett (SF)

One thing that may be worrisome is that if the Vikings pick in front of us because they lose to the Lions, they'll probably take our quarterback...would we need to move up to take Mallett, or deal with the consequences of a Cam Newton/Locker? So, GO VIKINGS!

[ Edited by nickbradley on Dec 27, 2010 at 12:19:23 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Barring some fluke, we'll be unable to get higher than 5th in the draft if we lose to Arizona...although buffalo could beat a jets team resting their starters...and Denver could beat a demoralized Chargers team that is now eliminated. That could put us at #3

The 9th/10th/11th discrepancy is due to the uncertainty of the Texans-Jags game and our SOS vs Seattle's.

What's interesting about our SOS comparison with Seattle (if they lose to the Rams) is that we will have a tie in SOS if the Giants and Eagles win as expected and the Packers beat the Bears...if Chicago wins, we pick in front of Seattle. If there's a tie, I believe it comes down to a coin toss.

Below is the worst-case draft order for us if we do end up winning...this ASSUMES no crazy upsets of teams with something to play for by a team without anything to play for...with Minnesota beating Detroit:

1) Carolina 2-14
2) Denver 4-12
3) Cincinnati 4-12
4) Buffalo 4-12
5) Arizona 5-11
6) Dallas 5-11
7) Houston 5-11
8) Detroit 5-11
9) Cleveland 5-11
10) SF 49ers 6-10
11) Seattle 6-10
12) Tennessee 6-10
13) Washington 6-10
14) Minnesota 6-10

In my opinion, #9/#10/#11 has Ryan Mallett written all over it. Picks before us go Luck, Peterson, Bowers, Fairley, Green, Dareus, Amukamura, Quinn, J. Jones (maybe), Mallett (SF)

One thing that may be worrisome is that if the Vikings pick in front of us because they lose to the Lions, they'll probably take our quarterback...would we need to move up to take Mallett, or deal with the consequences of a Cam Newton/Locker? So, GO LIONS!

You mean go Vikings.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

1) Carolina 2-14
2) Denver 4-12
3) Cincinnati 4-12
4) Buffalo 4-12
5) Arizona 5-11
6) Dallas 5-11
7) Houston 5-11
8) Detroit 5-11
9) Cleveland 5-11
10) SF 49ers 6-10
11) Seattle 6-10
12) Tennessee 6-10
13) Washington 6-10
14) Minnesota 6-10

One thing that may be worrisome is that if the Vikings pick in front of us because they lose to the Lions, they'll probably take our quarterback...would we need to move up to take Mallett, or deal with the consequences of a Cam Newton/Locker? So, GO LIONS!

Whats wrong with Newton?
Dammit I hate Ryan Mallett, dude blowsss
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

What blows about him??
I think Arizona will select Mallet, we'd have to trade up for him. Dallas would also be a possibility, since Jones loves his Razorbacks.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

What blows about him??

http://draftcountdown.com/draft-blog/2010/09/why-ryan-mallett-is-overrated/

What blows about him??

Well there was his Brett Favre like interceptions in the Alabama game which has been a habit for him.

His attitude which certainly isn't ideal.

The fact that he has huge bust potential because scouts believe he could just be Derek Anderson 2.0.

The fact that he's mostly all arm and frequently lacks fundamentals.

Having watched him I'm just not a fan.

What blows about him??

Well there was his Brett Favre like interceptions in the Alabama game which has been a habit for him.

His attitude which certainly isn't ideal.

The fact that he has huge bust potential because scouts believe he could just be Derek Anderson 2.0.

The fact that he's mostly all arm and frequently lacks fundamentals.

Having watched him I'm just not a fan.

I don't think the word "fact" means what you think it means.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What's up with Mallet's attitude, that's the second time I've heard this. All of the times watching him, I've never seen him have attitude on the sidelines or off the field. I also can't find anything about his attitude on Google???

I just don't like him because at the biggest moments of the game, he tends to throw interceptions.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What's up with Mallet's attitude, that's the second time I've heard this. All of the times watching him, I've never seen him have attitude on the sidelines or off the field. I also can't find anything about his attitude on Google???

Unsubstantiated internet rumors about Mallet being a "Ryan Leaf" type.
Thanks for figuring this out for us Nick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Unsubstantiated internet rumors about Mallet being a "Ryan Leaf" type.

Dumb if you ask me. IMO Mallet has ALL the tools and mindset to be a solid QB in the NFL.
here's the most accurate order so far

Projected Order Of Top 11 Picks In 2011 NFL Draft

Team W-L Win Pct. Strength of Schedule*
1. Panthers 2-13 .133 .576
2. Broncos 4-11 .267 .508
3. Bengals 4-11 .267 .580
4. Bills 4-11 .267 .582
5. Cardinals 5-10 .333 .456
6. 49ers 5-10 .333 .494
7. Cowboys 5-10 .333 .521
8. Texans 5-10 .333 .527
9. Lions 5-10 .333 .549
10. Browns 5-10 .333 .576
11. Vikings 5-9 .357 .542

These teams in bold are the QB hungry teams

so by losing to the Cardinals on sunday guarantee's us pretty much a top 5 pick witch would give us a good shot at one of the top QB's in the draft this offseason

i know losing to a NFC foe sucks but in the long run whos going to benefit years to come with the right QB?

i forsure dont want to fumble the ball again & draft the wrong guy so lets just lose against AZ & let them enjoy their pitty victory while we get the guy we want

Share 49ersWebzone