There are 275 users in the forums

The 2011 NFL Draft season has officially begun!

QB
CB
3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE (depending on the next coach)
Anyone know what's the absolute lowest/highest pick in the first round we can have now?
There could be some interesting options at QB via trade (Kolb especially if Vick gets big extension and Palmer if Cinci drafts a guy in Top 3). Palmer would give us time to be competitive and also draft a guy for the future.

If Luck and Mallett are gone my vote would be secondary help. Our secondary play was atrocious this year. That had been the biggest surprise for me, never imagined they would be that poor.

[ Edited by NinersRule on Dec 26, 2010 at 14:20:22 ]
Denver hosts Houston this week, if they win both weeks they will end up 5-11.

Really with a lot of help the Niners could end up picking as high as 2nd overall (that could be "Lucky")

We would need Buffalo to beat the Jets on the road and Bengals and Broncos to win out. The strength of schedule would be hard to figure out until all the games are done.

If we win next week we could draft at 7-8.
If we miss out on Newton or Mallet, it has to be the best pass rusher available. I'd like to draft a shutdown corner, but a pass rusher is an even bigger need. We have no one that can get to the QB on a consistent basis. Receivers have far too much time to get open playing against our D, not to deny our need for an elite corner, but a guy that can generate pressure nand force defenses to gameplan will help out our entire D.
Of the 4 first round QB's--Luck, Locker, Mallet, Newton, Luck if declares will go first and we will not have a shot to get him. If we're picking 10-12 I'd be ok with Mallet. In know a lot of guys on this board don't like him much, but IMO he's the better option as opposed to Locker and Newton. Locker is an Alex clone just coming from a better conference. Athletic as heck but struggles to throw the deep ball. Newton has taken very limited snaps in a pro set also. If we're picking in the 6-10 range I'm looking at CBs. The LSU kid if he's there, if not then Prince. As to your point in regards to the pass rushers, they're all really shaky. There's no sure thing. The best of the lineman is Clayborn from IOWA, but he's more of a Justin Smith non-stop motor type guy.

[ Edited by JDeezy on Dec 26, 2010 at 15:56:07 ]
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Locker

u guys have bad taste

i bet u guys had Smith over Rodgers back in 05' huh?

Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by Chief:
Yes sir, we are 5-10 now.

If the season ended now here are the records, I'm not sure the details on who would pick where.

1. Carolina 2-13
2. Cincinnati 3-11
3. Denver 3-11
4. Buffalo 4-11
5. Arizona 5-10
6. Detroit 5-10
7. Dallas 5-10
8. Cleveland 5-10
9. San Franciscos 5-10
10. Houston 5-9
11. Minnesota 5-9
12. Tennessee 6-9
13. Washington 6-9

So if we lose to zona next week, we would have the worst record in the west?

Yup and we could get the 4th or 5th pick in the draft because of the strength of schedule. So we absolutely have to lose next week

let all the 3rd stringers play along with Amber Smith

that way we will forsure lock in a top 5 pick

WE COULD GET THE #2 PICK NEXT YEAR IF WE LOSE THIS COMING WEEK :)
Originally posted by jwhandloff:

Carolina
Denver
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Arizona
San Francisco
Detroit

I think this is how it will break out, if we get the 4-11 teams to win (Buffalo, Denver and Cincinnati and we lose to Arizona then we could pick #2 if strength of schedule is in our favor).

*I don't think we will end up with the weakest strength of schedule. Best is 3rd or 4th I think. It is so close all the games this week and next week will change the standings around.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by Chief:
Yes sir, we are 5-10 now.

If the season ended now here are the records, I'm not sure the details on who would pick where.

1. Carolina 2-13
2. Cincinnati 3-11
3. Denver 3-11
4. Buffalo 4-11
5. Arizona 5-10
6. Detroit 5-10
7. Dallas 5-10
8. Cleveland 5-10
9. San Franciscos 5-10
10. Houston 5-9
11. Minnesota 5-9
12. Tennessee 6-9
13. Washington 6-9

So if we lose to zona next week, we would have the worst record in the west?

i would love to pick 5th, i dont want dingletary getting another win EVER

cosigned.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by jwhandloff:

Carolina
Denver
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Arizona
San Francisco
Detroit

I think this is how it will break out, if we get the 4-11 teams to win (Buffalo, Denver and Cincinnati and we lose to Arizona then we could pick #2 if strength of schedule is in our favor).

*I don't think we will end up with the weakest strength of schedule. Best is 3rd or 4th I think. It is so close all the games this week and next week will change the standings around.

Doesn't the tiebreaker go to a coin flip or whatever?
I think they first factor in strength of schedule and if its the same then they do the coin flip.
I want Luck. Period.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I want Luck. Period.

this, and if that means losing to arizona as much as i hate them so be it. i rather lose this meaningless game and have dingletary go out with another loss rather than being picked part by bradford and possibly luck for a decade + if he some how finds his way there. i can careless about oh how can you hope for the 9ers to lose and yadda yadda when we can possibly have luck picking us apart as well
Share 49ersWebzone