There are 294 users in the forums

What if the worst thing happened?

• sfout
  • Veteran
What if Luck and Gabbert didn't come out???? What if Mallett and Newton are picked ahead of us? What if Pryor declares?
Would you really be okay with Pryor, Ponder or Devlin as our QB pick?

Put it out there, if Mallett was gone who would we get and how would it affect our draft and direction of the team? Would we even draft a QB? Or would we rely on a veteran next year?
Originally posted by sfout:
What if Luck and Gabbert didn't come out???? What if Mallett and Newton are picked ahead of us? What if Pryor declares?

Put it out there, if Mallett was gone who would we get and how would it affect our draft and direction of the team? Would we even draft a QB? Or would we rely on a veteran next year?

1st off, Pryor is NOT a 1st round QB, or a 1st day pick IMO.

2nd, i would, if no Mallet, Luck, Gabbert or Locker, then I would be good with Stanzi or Devlin.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Never said they were day 1's just saying who would we pick. Why do you like Stanzi? I've watched a few Iowa games and he hasn't impressed me with his arm at all. Also I don't see Stanzi being an immediate starter in the NFL he seems like he still needs a lot of polishing.

IMO if we are left with the 2nd or 3rd round qb group I would say CB or WR with our first pick. Then Devlin or Ponder or someone from that group with our 2nd round pick.

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 23, 2010 at 23:53:03 ]
Even if your scenario occured, there would still be Locker in the 1st and if Pryor if available, he's worth it as well.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Locker is going back to school, already been confirmed. Pryor is also my favorite in this possibility. I was told he has a big mouth though? Is that true?
Locker is going back to school, already been confirmed. Pryor is also my favorite in this possibility. I was told he has a big mouth though? Is that true?

Locker is a senior.

Pryor's a bit of a hotshot. Players his size and speed with a cannon arm don't grow on trees though. I guess the optimistic way of looking at it is he certainly doesn't lack confidence.

Also Locker is a senior so I am not sure where you're getting the he's returning info.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Read it on ESPN Insider - Washington QB Jake Locker opted to head back for one more year of college football. He has fallen to No. 23 on Kiper's Big Board.
Draft Tracker | Kiper home | Blog

Unless they are seriously using a year old decision to affect this years big board that's what I am staring at right now.

Edit: Reason why he has a 5th year of eligibility
Medical exception -- 2008 Broken thumb in game 4 or 5. NCAA granted an extra year.

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 24, 2010 at 02:05:46 ]
Read it on ESPN Insider - Washington QB Jake Locker opted to head back for one more year of college football. He has fallen to No. 23 on Kiper's Big Board.
Draft Tracker | Kiper home | Blog

Unless they are seriously using a year old decision to affect this years big board that's what I am staring at right now.

Edit: Reason why he has a 5th year of eligibility
Medical exception -- 2008 Broken thumb in game 4 or 5. NCAA granted an extra year.

He's a redshirt senior. He's been at UW since '06. '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 = 5 years. That's all you get folks. Feel bad for the dude as his decision to stay in school cost him in the ballpark of $40 million (depending on the CBA, rookie pay scale, and his draft position. I am estimating here but needless to say, mucho millions was lost).
Locker is going back to school, already been confirmed
Uh, I believe that story is a year old. Locker is a senior.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

1st off, Pryor is NOT a 1st round QB, or a 1st day pick IMO.

2nd, i would, if no Mallet, Luck, Gabbert or Locker, then I would be good with Stanzi or Devlin.

Pryor is EASILY a 1st day pick. And yes, he will be a 1st round QB.

Think about Tebow or Pat White and you'll realize that someone will jump at the chance to draft him early and see what they can get out of him. He's a better prospect than those guys.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Locker is a going to be a 5th year senior he got a medical redshirt for breaking his thumb in the 4th game of '08. It isn't a year old. Locker is not coming out.
  • evil
  • Veteran
There is an 80+ page thread devoted to QB's in this class, maybe you haven't seen it ?
Locker is a going to be a 5th year senior he got a medical redshirt for breaking his thumb in the 4th game of '08. It isn't a year old. Locker is not coming out.

2010 was his redshirt senior year:

2006 - Redshirt year
2007 - RS Freshman year
2008 - RS Sophomore year Locker was denied a medical RS for 2008
2009 - RS Junior year
2010 - RS Senior year

You're reading old/incorrect material.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

2010 was his redshirt senior year:

2006 - Redshirt year
2007 - RS Freshman year
2008 - RS Sophomore year Locker was denied a medical RS for 2008
2009 - RS Junior year
2010 - RS Senior year

You're reading old/incorrect material.

Locker is #23 on Kiper's big board with the following blurb:

Analysis: Skill set is fantastic, but he had a poor year overall. Has done a great deal of his best work versus bad competition. Last week: No. 23
Share 49ersWebzone