There are 241 users in the forums

Why all the hate for Christian Ponder?

Let's see, he had a very mediocre year. He didn't impress me at all.

Oh, and let's look at some of the recent QB saviours that FSU has bestowed upon the NFL.

Charlie Ward - Pretty good point guard
Chris Weinke
Danny Kannel
Thad Busby
Casey Weldon
Chris Rix

Some pretty impressive NFL caliber QBs for sure.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Let's see, he had a very mediocre year. He didn't impress me at all.

Oh, and let's look at some of the recent QB saviours that FSU has bestowed upon the NFL.

Charlie Ward - Pretty good point guard
Chris Weinke
Danny Kannel
Thad Busby
Casey Weldon
Chris Rix

Some pretty impressive NFL caliber QBs for sure.

Did any of them play under the current system...NO!
Ah, wasn't Jimbo Fisher on the staff for Bowden?

So there were so many changes that the end effect was the Ponder didn't look any good? Is that what you are implying?
Yeah I think he's a early 3rd round prospect. Probably go higher but I'm just not all that hype on him. Watched him a lot and he's very in consistent. i like his moxy but that's about it
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Ah, wasn't Jimbo Fisher on the staff for Bowden?

So there were so many changes that the end effect was the Ponder didn't look any good? Is that what you are implying?

No -- I'm talking about all the sh*tty QBs you listed. Jimbo Fisher was OC for Bowden in 07, 08 an 09.

All those QBs you listed played in a different system.

Ponder played one game in 07, beat out Weatherford in 08, and had a pretty darn good junior season in 09.
Okay, but I still am not that enthused with him. I watched several games this year with him, and I just don't see him as a franchise QB.
He's underperformed massively at Florida State. You don't take the guys that underachieve unless most of the guys that overachieved are off the board.

Kinda reminds me of Kentwan Balmer, a guy who did nothing in college but impressed McDumb@ss because of his 'measureables' (i.e. he was big and could move well). But my thought process was if he didn't make much of a difference as a lineman at the college level (which he didn't) then why think he will at the pro level? This is my thought process as well for Ponder.
Share 49ersWebzone