There are 163 users in the forums

Senior Bowl Thread

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Baalke better do his homework.

No...I'm sure he's going to check out the sweet sights of Alabama.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
In exactly a week we're going to be discussing how much we should offer Denver to move up and grab Locker. Book it

We should give them all our picks for the next three years, and throw in Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

That's about as likely as moving up from the 7th spot to take Jake Locker, or drafting him at 7, frankly.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
When do they do the height and weight? I'm really curious to see what Von Miller's measurements are.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
In exactly a week we're going to be discussing how much we should offer Denver to move up and grab Locker. Book it

We should give them all our picks for the next three years, and throw in Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

That's about as likely as moving up from the 7th spot to take Jake Locker, or drafting him at 7, frankly.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:
When do they do the height and weight? I'm really curious to see what Von Miller's measurements are.

I think the first day.
Well you can cross Adrian Clayborn off the list. He has opted out of the senior bowl.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
All eyes on Locker.

This. I really hope he does well. I'm rooting for this kid.

Ricky Stanzi better join too.

Its pretty hard for a QB to boost his stock at the Senior Bowl. They've got one week to learn an NFL offense, to build some kind of chemistry with receivers they've never thrown to. And for the Gimmick offense QB's, they got one week to look like they know what they're doing under center. Honestly, if I were a QB, I'd stay the hell away from the Senior Bowl and look towards the Combine.

If I recall correcly, Phillip Rivers' stock soared after his Senior Bowl. One of main reasons why SD took him in the top 5 that year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
All eyes on Locker.

This. I really hope he does well. I'm rooting for this kid.

Ricky Stanzi better join too.

Its pretty hard for a QB to boost his stock at the Senior Bowl. They've got one week to learn an NFL offense, to build some kind of chemistry with receivers they've never thrown to. And for the Gimmick offense QB's, they got one week to look like they know what they're doing under center. Honestly, if I were a QB, I'd stay the hell away from the Senior Bowl and look towards the Combine.

If I recall correcly, Phillip Rivers' stock soared after his Senior Bowl. One of main reasons why SD took him in the top 5 that year.

Actually Rivers was always projected to go in the 1st round in 2004. But I'm not saying stocks can't be raised, I'm saying its a high risk that your stock will take a hit.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I thought SD picked Eli and forced a trade?
Originally posted by titan:

Yes, part of the trade I think was the contingency that SD take Rivers and they'd swap. San Diego has made quite a nice bonanza trading top picks. They turned Eli into Rivers who is a better qb. Remember they also turned Michael Vick into LT and the second round pick that became Drew Brees.

seniorbowl Senior Bowl
Here we go! Orientation starts soon--then is meetings and the weigh-in! #seniorbowl week is underway!!
Originally posted by JDeezy:

Yes, part of the trade I think was the contingency that SD take Rivers and they'd swap. San Diego has made quite a nice bonanza trading top picks. They turned Eli into Rivers who is a better qb. Remember they also turned Michael Vick into LT and the second round pick that became Drew Brees.

Or when they traded up to grab Ryan Leaf
Originally posted by jreff22:
seniorbowl Senior Bowl
Here we go! Orientation starts soon--then is meetings and the weigh-in! #seniorbowl week is underway!!

seniorbowl Senior Bowl
#NFLPA now addressing the players
2 minutes ago
Senior Bowl
seniorbowl Senior Bowl
Now its #Bills coach Chan Gaileys turn...
16 minutes ago
Senior Bowl
seniorbowl Senior Bowl
#Bengals coach Marvin Lewis addressing the players as we speak
Originally posted by JDeezy:

Last time I checked, Rivers hasn't even brought his team to a Super Bowl, whereas Eli has won one. That counts for something. Not to mention, they got rid of Brees who also brought his team to a Super Bowl and won it. So, everything that SD craps isn't gold.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Looking at media policies for Senior Bowl. The weigh-in is in a couple hours. "Please photograph athletes from waist up." Sounds reasonable.
Share 49ersWebzone