LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

Forget Locker, Mallet and Newton, I want.....

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I like that quick release!

I haz a confuse

when people talk about "release" are they talking about how quickly he throws the ball or how fast the motion on his delivery is?

because if we're talking about quick throws, I'm not gonna be impressed at all when they guy has 4-5 WR's half of the time out there

"Release" means, how quick the ball explodes from his hand, ala, Marino, Rivers s**t like that.. If I meant the other thing, I would have said, "How quickly he goes through his progressions and get's the ball out to the open guy.."
I played with this guy in high school. Pretty solid but not worth a smidgen of the hype. Late rounder at best
Flacco 2.0?
This is not really a good comparasion b/c Flacco's biggest problem is his poise and pocket presence when going through progressions. If this guy is on the same level as Flacco then I would pass on him as a 1st round type of prospect. Haven't heard of the guy though to be honest but that would scare me off a little. Watching that video the guy didn't do anything but throw 10 yard crossing routes and 5 yard out patterns. I need to see more of him.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:49 AM ]
The guy I like after Luck is Foles.

He'd make an excellent WCO qb.
if joe flacco never had existed, you would never have heard of this guy I guarantee it
Originally posted by spizzy:
if joe flacco never had existed, you would never have heard of this guy I guarantee it

exactly. let's not kid ourselves about Delaware being an NFL QB factory.
I would like to see Kellen Moore get alot more consideration. Very accurate and is a proven leader.
Originally posted by lamontb:
This is not really a good comparasion b/c Flacco's biggest problem is his poise and pocket presence when going through progressions. If this guy is on the same level as Flacco then I would pass on him as a 1st round type of prospect. Haven't heard of the guy though to be honest but that would scare me off a little. Watching that video the guy didn't do anything but throw 10 yard crossing routes and 5 yard out patterns. I need to see more of him.

Joe Flacco is a legit quarterback. If Devlin is on the same level as Flacco I definitely would draft him in the first round. That being said, Devlin is not on the same level as Flacco.

I know the idea of being able to draft for other areas of needs in the first couple of rounds and still being able to draft a future franchise QB in the later rounds is attractive but I just don't think it's that realistic. With a few notable exceptions, most top QB's come out of the first 2 rounds of the draft (the first round in particular) and out of Division 1A programs as well.

The QB position more than anything else besides coaching is what is holding this team back from being a legit contender. I don't think taking shots at later-round QB's and hoping one turns out to be a stud is a very good strategy. We could get lucky with our first try, but all I'm saying is that the odds aren't very good.
if we could get him in the 4th that would be ideal

i could see Devlin being the second QB the niners take in the draft. he should not be the only one taken though specially if hes taken as late as the 4-5th round. i'd like to see the team take major issue with the QB position in the offseason and add at least 3 new bodies to the roster (something like draft 2 bring in a vet) and let them compete for the job. 1st round andrew luck very unlikely to fall to us but it would be a dream come true
Originally posted by genus49:
The guy I like after Luck is Foles.

He'd make an excellent WCO qb.

he looks like madmoneyMarshall, do it
Share 49ersWebzone