There are 184 users in the forums

Queretano's 1.0 Mock Draft

IMO we’re going to change HC this offseason and going back to the 4-3 as base D, Luck should be long off the board when we pick and Locker has a lot of question marks over him, so…
1 Robert Quinn DE NCS
A major need and an impact player, the rustiness should make him available when we pick, looks like the sack artist this team need, also high motor.
2 Brandon Harris CB Miami
Solid player, from a prestigious program in developing DBs
3 Greg Little WR NCS
Must fall due NCS scandal, has the size to catch in the middle, also a mature player even with the stuff he’s being handling.
4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
The injury could make him slide to us at 4th, solid program, good resume and value pick
4 Ben Ijalana OG Villanova
Rachal hasn’t lived his potential, small school gem, good size, long arms.
5 Greg McElroy QB Alabama
I like him a lot, has accuracy and is a leader of a big program, also academically 1st team, lack of talent in this class makes take him worth the pick, maybe a career backup or maybe not.
6 Sam Acho DE Texas
Prototypical 4-3 DE from a big program produces.
6 Vai Taua RB Nevada
Good numbers in college
7 Ryan Jones CB Northwest Missouri St
Small school CB, there’s not reach at 7th; has the size, speed and is dominant at his level
7 D.J. Smith OLB Appalachian St
Small pond big fish
I'm so high on the Brandon Harris pick, he is a classic man to man coverage guy. I also love the way he plays the deep ball. Robert Quinn could be a fit as he is a pure pass rusher and that's what we lack, him and Justin Smith would be a pain in the ass at the ends. I would only go with one or two corners in the draft, and try to grab Champ as a free agent. Wes still have Nate, Shawntae under contract and Tarrell Brown was drafted recently so I think it would be too soon to give up on him. Maybe we can trade Nate for a 5th or 6th round pick to a team like the Texans or Lions.
thats not too bad of a mock really.
Clements is a good player but badly overpaid, there's a strong chance that he'll cut if restructure isn't possible, the team lacks players in the secondary; that and the lack of constant pressure are the biggestissues on D
not bad

I think we'd still need help at the qb position
Yea...Brandon Harris isn't gonna be around in the 2nd...sooo this is awkward...
bad mock...no way do you wait intill 5th round to address are qb needs..
Brandon Harris very well could be there in the second, he isn't on Kiper or McShay's top 32. Another thing I see is people assuming Andrew Luck is going to be the number on pick when there is a VERY good chance he stays at Stanford and plays for a Heisman and National Championship with Harbaugh.
Originally posted by queretano:
IMO we’re going to change HC this offseason and going back to the 4-3 as base D, Luck should be long off the board when we pick and Locker has a lot of question marks over him, so…
1 Robert Quinn DE NCS
A major need and an impact player, the rustiness should make him available when we pick, looks like the sack artist this team need, also high motor.
3 Greg Little WR NCS
Must fall due NCS scandal, has the size to catch in the middle, also a mature player even with the stuff he’s being handling.
4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
The injury could make him slide to us at 4th, solid program, good resume and value pick
I like him a lot, has accuracy and is a leader of a big program, also academically 1st team, lack of talent in this class makes take him worth the pick, maybe a career backup or maybe not.
6 Sam Acho DE Texas
6 Vai Taua RB Nevada
Good numbers in college
Small school CB, there’s not reach at 7th; has the size, speed and is dominant at his level
Small pond big fish

Not a bad mock, I bolded the picks I really liked, especially the Ben Ijalana pick. Saw him play on ESPN over the weekend and the dude does look like a solid NFL player. Also like the DE picks, especially since after 6-7 years of trying to become a 3-4 defense we still have a team that'd be better suited for a 4-3

Only substitutes I'd suggest would be dropping Chykie Brown (can pick him up much later) and picking up Havili in the 4th. Yes I know he's the Zone favorite, but there's a reason...he's THAT GOOD
Also, don't think Little will last until the 3rd, think he will have a killer combine, though I like the idea of picking up a tall WR for endzone threat in the 3rd
Originally posted by queretano:
1 Robert Quinn DE NCS
3 Greg Little WR NCS
4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
6 Sam Acho DE Texas
6 Vai Taua RB Nevada
Good numbers in college
Small pond big fish

Brandon Harris won't be around that late, no way. Wouldn't be shocked if he slips into the Top 10.

5th round QB? hell no
As long as we add a Free Agent QB, I guess this is okay.
I love the thought of going back to the 4-3 Defense. I've been saying it for months and I hope that we sincerely look into it. Willis is our best player and we need to "keep him clean" by having 2 DT's in front of him to keep o-lineman off of him. I like the first pick, Harris I don't think will be there in Rd 2 though.

Maybe a Dowling from Va-Tech will be there, in the 3rd I'd rather see Stanzi from Iowa and address WR later in the draft or FA. Are you assuming we stand pat with the QB's we have? I don't know who'll be available via FA, but I'd love to land Carson Palmer and see if he can be rejuvenated on the West Coast.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
5th round QB? hell no

There' not value before in my opinion, only Luck (out of reach) and Devlin (2nd-3rd) would worth the risk, I like McElroy best
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Really?

Really?

Really?
Share 49ersWebzone