LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Should the 49ers tank the rest of this season for a higher draft pick?

Should the 49ers tank the rest of this season for a higher draft pick?

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi said this morning that the Washington Redskins decided to start QB Rex Grossman so that they could put themselves in position to draft a QB this year. How would you feel if the 49ers decided to do that?

I say No. Play out the rest of the season, see where we stand, and go from there. I just don't believe in tanking the season to get a higher draft pick. To quote Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!"
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM ]
Tanking doesn't always work. We could get screwed big time if we tank and draft someone then give them a huge contract and they flip. They are other ways to rebuild your team without tanking.
  • evil
  • Veteran
A wise man once said "You play to win the game".

Nobody likes to lose and losing even in a lost season isn't a feeling the players likely want to feel. I am sure they will continue to try to win games despite all the woes that they must overcome for that to happen.
never tank a season !

/thread
We can't really change our draft position very much now, teams ahead of us have tough schedules and really the position is mostly locked in.

We are going to draft around 7-10
Heck no, we have a very legit shot at going to the playoffs with KC taking care of buisness in STL today.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
never tank a season !

/thread

End thread
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
We can't really change our draft position very much now, teams ahead of us have tough schedules and really the position is mostly locked in.

You are correct, sir.
That is why Washington is doing it.

It is what we should do too.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
never tank a season !

/thread

Not if we make the playoffs. We'll be picking no better than 21st!

Link
Of course we should tank this season. f**k this team and the meaningless wins we always have at the end of the season. The fans who actually think it's great to go playoffs with this lousy ass team is part of the problem. 8 years of losing seasons is bulls**t. I understand to a degree tho... It's not like were actually going to draft the right players...:(
Draft picks are a crap shoot, we of all teams should know this
I wanna lose the last 2 games I want Andrew luck and harbugh and it's more realistic there higher pick we have let's tank I don't wanna go to the playoffs only to get smashed and a bad 1st round pick
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Not if we make the playoffs. We'll be picking no better than 21st!

Link

that would be really really really bad!
Share 49ersWebzone