LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

plan for getting luck

Originally posted by hofer36:
those who say niners cant get luck are giving up too easily..i think it can be done, it might cost alot but having the team stable at the most important position is worth it

say niners were to draft 8th

1.carolina
2.cincinnati
3. detroit
4. buffalo
5.denver
6.dallas
7.arizona
8.san francisco

obviously this might not be the exact ored. there are alot of other 5 win teams, dont know eaxactly how the 3 win teams would be ordered but this is just to give an example

naysayers say no way niners can trade up from 8 to 1...maybe they can leap frog to #1 by doing the following

trade niners #8 pick and patrick willis to lions...lions loved willis out of college, and though it would hurt greatly to lose him, bowman coud step in for him...inside linebacker is not an impact position, certainly not like qb

now the niners would only have to move up a few spots for luck..panthers might be amenable if they like cam newton as an alternative..
a deal like 2010 #1 and #3 plus 2011 #1 and michael crabtree might work

if niners can get a creative gm luck can be had

your nuts man. were gonna give two firsts a 3rd, patrick willis and crabtree? f**k no!!! matt millin likes the way you think tho
  • sfout
  • Veteran
That's like trying to take 2 steps forward we would end up going 3 more back.....Then Luck would have no one to throw to and our defense would lose it's leader.
I once knew a coach who traded in ALL his draft picks to get ONE player. Guess where it got him?

The problem is, if it doesn't work out ... you've set your team back several years!

The thing to do is to hire a brilliant G.M. who is known for accessing player talents and go with it.

How is it that some teams are capable of rebuilding and NOT lose grounds?

What the 49er's DON'T need is another set of personnel that are on OJT.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
So you want us to trade away a potential Hall of Fame player. Our best defender, to move up only 5 spots, then trade our first and Crabtree to move up 2 spots? That's seriously the worst idea I've heard yet. I'd love to have Luck, but not at the expense of getting rid of Willis and our only legit WR we have. Thank you, come back and try again when you have a better plan.

owned

OK, enjoy Troy Smith in 2011
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
So you want us to trade away a potential Hall of Fame player. Our best defender, to move up only 5 spots, then trade our first and Crabtree to move up 2 spots? That's seriously the worst idea I've heard yet. I'd love to have Luck, but not at the expense of getting rid of Willis and our only legit WR we have. Thank you, come back and try again when you have a better plan.

owned

OK, enjoy Troy Smith in 2011

Why don't you try to debate your side of things with the posters who aren't outright flaming or laughing at you.
Sorry, but as much as I would like Luck, drafting a QB in the first round hurts the team. We have so many other holes that lead to our losses.

We need to be able to draft a top CB with our first. We need to upgrade our OC, and sign a solid FA RG and WR.

These improvements will allow Alex to function much, much better. That plus an improved defense will be enough improvement to take a good step forward next year.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Sorry, but as much as I would like Luck, drafting a QB in the first round hurts the team. We have so many other holes that lead to our losses.

We need to be able to draft a top CB with our first. We need to upgrade our OC, and sign a solid FA RG and WR.

These improvements will allow Alex to function much, much better. That plus an improved defense will be enough improvement to take a good step forward next year.

It's not a matter of that. It's that we CAN'T get him. We have 5 wins. That's too many already for Luck. I don't see any way we can lose to the Cards. So that's 6. How do you plan on getting Luck with that? These guys are dreaming.

I want to be a Billionaire too in life. But guess what I'm not. Some things in life you don't get...
  • mod
  • Veteran

Trade Willis? End of thread right there.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
those who say niners cant get luck are giving up too easily..i think it can be done, it might cost alot but having the team stable at the most important position is worth it

1.carolina
2.cincinnati
3. detroit
4. buffalo
5.denver
6.dallas
7.arizona
8.san francisco

obviously this might not be the exact ored. there are alot of other 5 win teams, dont know eaxactly how the 3 win teams would be ordered but this is just to give an example

naysayers say no way niners can trade up from 8 to 1...maybe they can leap frog to #1 by doing the following

trade niners #8 pick and patrick willis to lions...lions loved willis out of college, and though it would hurt greatly to lose him, bowman coud step in for him...inside linebacker is not an impact position, certainly not like qb

now the niners would only have to move up a few spots for luck..panthers might be amenable if they like cam newton as an alternative..

He forgot the part where we trade Frank Gore and Vernon Davis to Denver for there first round pick and draft AJ Green... which gives us Luck throwing to Green!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I would rather s**t on a dead squirrel and eat it.

1.carolina
2.cincinnati
3. detroit
4. buffalo
5.denver
6.dallas
7.arizona
8.san francisco

It's simpler than that. We trade Willis, J.Smith, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, Gore and our first round picks for the next decade to the Panther directly. We also sign a contract saying that if anyone from our team ever goes to the Pro Bowl, we'll throw them in as well...forever. That way we can get Luck!
We are going to go 7 - 9, win the division, get a home game in the playoffs and we are going to deal up to #1 also and get Luck. Then we will deal up again and get Patrick Peterson. We will deal up a 3rd time and get Julio Jones. Then we will get Harbaugh to be our coach. The Yorks will open the vault and get Holmgren to be our GM. We will build a new stadium better than the Cowboys stadium and it will be ready for next season.

Pro Bowlers are hard to find, at any position.

The OP is basically suggesting we gut our team, and throw away the cream of next year's draft as well, for an untried player.

No.
Share 49ersWebzone