LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch: December 18 - 28

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
that may decide the game right there

Unless Stanzi starts throwing it again.

Good thing people didn't overreact and declare that they don't like Gabbert because....he threw an INT!!! Oh no! QBs throw INTs! (well, not Tom Brady, but most other QBs)

Well this game kind of sucked because it didn't make the QB situation any clearer. I'm going to doubt that Gabbert declares after the 2nd pick that lost his team the game, and even if he does that was a horrible decision right there. Not sure I'd want a QB that makes decisions like that. On the other hand, he has all the physical tools to be a franchise QB.

Stanzi played like s**t for the most part, and almost lost his team the game. I was a huge fan of his for the last 2 years but he was not very good today. Yeah he didn't have much help and a lot of his guys looked like they were covered pretty well, but some of the decisions he made were awful also.

This still looks like a 1 QB draft and a bunch of guys who have some potential. Unfortunately for us the one good QB(Luck) will most likely be the first pick.
Well, that was fun. On to putting up the next thread.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Good thing people didn't overreact and declare that they don't like Gabbert because....he threw an INT!!! Oh no! QBs throw INTs! (well, not Tom Brady, but most other QBs)

Honestly that was a horrible decision by him. He shouldn't have thrown that ball. That was just dumb bro. It lost them the game. And he threw 2 picks, the first one was mainly a great play by the defender though. I'd still be interested in drafting him but I doubt he'd be ready to play year 1, and I don't know if we should waste the 5th or 6th pick in the draft on a guy that won't be ready to play. Otherwise why not pick Locker or Newton?

Nice win for Iowa. Very classy kneeling at the 1 imo. I hope this puts to rest the Stanzi in the 2nd talk. We dont want that nonsense in the universe. Coker was insane tonight. Might be a young guy to watch for the future. Im shocked that the Hawkeyes won honstly. Thorhawk must be happy about
I still think he comes out.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Nice win for Iowa. Very classy kneeling at the 1 imo. I hope this puts to rest the Stanzi in the 2nd talk. We dont want that nonsense in the universe. Coker was insane tonight. Might be a young guy to watch for the future. Im shocked that the Hawkeyes won honstly. Thorhawk must be happy about

I did enjoy the win, just wished Stanzi would have played better. I never thought of Stanzi as a 2nd rounder, more like a 4-5th round pick.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

I did enjoy the win, just wished Stanzi would have played better. I never thought of Stanzi as a 2nd rounder, more like a 4-5th round pick.

Same, although I thought more 3rd-4th based on potential. But with a deep QB pool, the 4th-5th becomes more likely (especially after tonight).

Some of the issues Stanzi showed were issues Aaron Rodgers had at Cal. He turned out okay, but he was also superior to Stanzi in overall talent.

I'm looking forward to watching Locker Thursday to see if he gets embarrassed by Nebraska again, and Ponder on Friday, as he has been declared ready to start. Their performances will be important to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone