http://www.draftwatchers.com/news/dw/36-2010-season-brought-us-ups-and-downs.html

Quote:
With the 2010 college season in the books, lets take a look at the biggest winners and losers, and who's stock's are up and down going into bowl week.

It is clear, to me anyway, who are the biggest losers and winner, stock up and stock down, lets take a look now at the biggest winners and stock up for the 2011 draft.

1. Stanford QB Andrew Luck- The clear biggest winner in my opinion. He came in as a top 10 pick, and my #2 QB behind a slummping Jake Locker of Washington. And Luck came up big, putting up big numbers, against quality competition. Thus making him my biggest winner of the 2010 college season.

2. LSU CB Patrick Peterson- Again, I had Peterson a close 2nd/3rd in the CB rankings coming into the 2010 season. With others like Ras-I Dowling(Virginia) and Curtis Brown(Texas) not having the best seasons. Peterson shined. He shined as a CB and more importantly, as a dynamic returner, thus making him the top CB in the 2011 draft, and a clear cut top 5 pick.

3. Clemson 4-3 DE Da'Quan Bowers- This is different for me, I actually had Bowers as a top 3 pick, then as hypeness gets, he fell off. But he proved he is and was for real when I had him among my top 3. Bowers showed up, played big time ball, and had a tremendous 2010 season. Bopwers is a top 5 pick now, and potential #1 pick if Andrew Luck decides to come back for the 2011 season.

Now, lets take a look at stock down from the 2010 season.

1. Jake Locker- As mentioned above, Locker struggled and he struggled mightly. He looked akward, and he looked out of place. His worst game by far of the 2010 season, was against the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who concidentially, they face in the Holiday bowl game. In that game, he will look to redem himself, and be a step closer to being the top QB, if Luck stays at Stanford and possibly a top 5 pick once again, which he was at the begining of the 2010 season.

2. South Carolina TE Weslye Saunders- Now, I know, why is he a stock down player, well, simple, he was kicked off the Gamecocks football team, and has many character questions. Saunders was my original top TE, but has since fallen to the 3rd/4th range.

3. and finally, we have the UNC D-Lineman of Robert Quinn and Marvin Austin- Both were kicked off or suspended from the team for the entire season. In what was suppose to be a stacked Tar Heel team, with returnees in Austin, Quinn, Bruce Carter, Sturvidant and DB's Burney and Denuta Williams, proved to be a sub-par to mediocre team.

Now we go to our conclussion.

Sure with each season, we look at hype, and we look at overhype, whether bad or good. But the one thing to remember is, each year brings top players falling, and low end players rising to stardom. This year will be no different, so I say to those who fell and rised, Cheer up, look forward, because you will make more money than most of americans, and will have a bright career ahead of yourself. And to all, have aMerry Christmas and enjoy the Bowl Games.

God Bless, and Thank you, Jason.