There are 271 users in the forums

Andrew Luck will be a bust

wait....good QB's are good throwers of the football?

well, you learn something new everyday.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not the world beater he's portrayed as on the WZ. He has a brick wall O Line at Stanford. He won't have the same in the NFL. His short throws are where he excells. I'm not overly impressed with his medium to long passes. He may be a bust. Who knows? I don't think he is the instant Peyton Manning he is portrayed to be here. Manning has a stronger arm and a quicker release. He's not in the Manning category IMO.

No one is saying he's Peyton Manning. People are saying that he's the best prospect since Peyton. They obviously have different styles of play so who would compare that?! You always talk about how you're not impressed with Luck's medium and long passes yet he completed a lot of them this year with accuracy. Then you go off and praise Jake Locker's arm when he's had bad accuracy all this year and last year. I know, I know, he's been injured all year, I've used the same excuse, but he had accuracy issues last year too.

Bradford was a better prospect last year. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. Bradford is going to own our division for years to come.

Bradford was a good prospect but he was also fighting for the top QB prospect last year with Jake Locker before Locker decided to stay. Luck is far and ahead past the other prospects. Btw, one of the knocks they used to give Bradford while he was in Oklahoma was that he didn't have a cannon arm but was dead accurate. For Luck, he's dead accurate and he's got a good arm.

Yeah and Manning was fighting with Leaf for the #1 QB spot... and it was pretty much the general consensus that Leaf was the QB with the higher upside and manning was the more "NFL ready" QB.
Originally posted by Jcool:
He's not the world beater he's portrayed as on the WZ. He has a brick wall O Line at Stanford. He won't have the same in the NFL. His short throws are where he excells. I'm not overly impressed with his medium to long passes. He may be a bust. Who knows? I don't think he is the instant Peyton Manning he is portrayed to be here. Manning has a stronger arm and a quicker release. He's not in the Manning category IMO.

No one is saying he's Peyton Manning. People are saying that he's the best prospect since Peyton. They obviously have different styles of play so who would compare that?! You always talk about how you're not impressed with Luck's medium and long passes yet he completed a lot of them this year with accuracy. Then you go off and praise Jake Locker's arm when he's had bad accuracy all this year and last year. I know, I know, he's been injured all year, I've used the same excuse, but he had accuracy issues last year too.

Bradford was a better prospect last year. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. Bradford is going to own our division for years to come.

Bradford was a good prospect but he was also fighting for the top QB prospect last year with Jake Locker before Locker decided to stay. Luck is far and ahead past the other prospects. Btw, one of the knocks they used to give Bradford while he was in Oklahoma was that he didn't have a cannon arm but was dead accurate. For Luck, he's dead accurate and he's got a good arm.

Yeah and Manning was fighting with Leaf for the #1 QB spot... and it was pretty much the general consensus that Leaf was the QB with the higher upside and manning was the more "NFL ready" QB.

No Leaf was a Head Case like Jamarcus Russell. Totally different scenario there. And people knew Manning was good. It's why he was picked #1.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

No Leaf was a Head Case like Jamarcus Russell. Totally different scenario there. And people knew Manning was good. It's why he was picked #1.

Yeah people found out he was a head case, but they did not see that before the draft. And the main reason Manning was drafted #1 overall was because Indy decided to take the less risky QB in Manning who was more "NFL ready"

Yeah people found out he was a head case, but they did not see that before the draft. And the main reason Manning was drafted #1 overall was because Indy decided to take the less risky QB in Manning who was more "NFL ready"

No they took him because he was BETTER. I know the whole Leaf/Manning argument. I live here in SD. Manning was better. It's why he was picked. He's better in every way. And not a head case to boot.

They knew Leaf was a Head Case if they did their research. Check the University and his crazy ways among other people. He always had anti social behavior.

And your dream to get Luck is not happening. We are picking #10 - #15. And he isn't being picked there.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
At the very least the thread title should be "Andrew Luck may be a bust". No way you can state that he absolutely will be.

Well how about this. He will be a bust if we draft him. Because still we have no idea how to groom a qb! And are oline couldn't stop 4 bucs players with 4 sacks on a season and end up with 6 in one game!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
At the very least the thread title should be "Andrew Luck may be a bust". No way you can state that he absolutely will be.

Well how about this. He will be a bust if we draft him. Because still we have no idea how to groom a qb! And are oline couldn't stop 4 bucs players with 4 sacks on a season and end up with 6 in one game!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by skd420:
Listen. Take a look at every legitimate very good to great qb in the NFL and they all have one similar quality.

They are all very good throwers of the football. Tall, short, slow, or fast, all of them throw the ball extremely well with both velocity and accuracy. Rivers has the weakest arm of all the top flight quarterbacks, but he is so incredibly accurate downfield and quick to read the defense and get rid of the ball he can make up for it.

Andrew Luck is neither. He is accurate up to ten yards but after that very average. Below average arm strength. Could escape pressure in college but not nearly athletic enough to do that on a consistent basis like Rodgers or even Smith in the pros. Doesnt carry the offense, his running game does, so if he doesnt have a strong running game in the pros i cant see him carrying his team to a victory. Unfortunately for him thats probably what he will have to do. A lot of his success is built off play-action. If the running game isnt working i dont believe he is a qb that can throw you to a victory. Its no coincidence the only game they lost is the game he had the most attempts in.

May I ask what you do for a living, kind sir?

based on how wrong he is i'd bet he works in the scouting department for the 49ers
I thought of this video when I read the OP

This dude is retarded (dude in video)
Luck is the best NFL prospect in this draft, by far. He's has all the tools: Strong arm, mobility, good footwork, great release point, a terrific leader, bright, and a guy who works hard. But, his best skill is his ability to read defenses and go through his progressions effectively. The best I've seen from a college QB in a long time.

He's one of those QB's who will put on a QB clinic weekly. I have followed college football, as many of you do, extensively over the last twenty-five years, and this is a dream player for a franchise. I see a Pro-Bowl invite in about three years. He's an instant impact kind of guy.

All you people from the west coast are far overrating Luck.

And there is no way in hell he would have been picked over Bradford. The only concern over Sam was his shoulder. He is farrrrr and away better than Luck in every category.

Luck isnt even Eli, Rivers, Flacco, Ryan, Bradford, Stafford, or Sanchez.

So to say he is the best qb prospect since Manning is complete bullsh!t.
[ Edited by skd420 on Dec 18, 2010 at 8:51 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

And there is no way in hell he would have been picked over Bradford. The only concern over Sam was his shoulder. He is farrrrr and away better than Luck in every category.

I live on the east coast so I don't really have a "west coast bias" on this issue. I've seen Luck play and he is easily the best QB prospect in a very long time. He is higher rated coming out than Bradford, Eli, Rivers, Flacco, Ryan, Stafford and Sanchez. He's that good.

He has all the tools to be successful at the next level. Good arm, accuracy, mobility, and he's a great leader and person. But the thing that puts him over the other prospects that you mentioned is his ability to read defenses. I've never seen anyone in college read defenses the way he does. If he can already do that at the college level, imagine him at the next level.

I hope you see why so many people are so high on him and call him the best QB prospect since Manning or even Elway. Dude is the real deal. And it's not just the "west coast fan." Every draft publication/analyst is high on Luck.
I don't think we are ever going to get a franchise QB
  • Apone
  • Veteran

It's not just us living on the west coast. There's got to be a reason why analysts, scouting magazines, and draft sites are saying the same thing about Luck.

And I would have to disagree about Bradford. IMO Luck has a stronger arm and is just as accurate as Bradford. Luck is also way more athletic than Bradford.
Share 49ersWebzone