LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Andrew Luck will be a bust

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not the world beater he's portrayed as on the WZ. He has a brick wall O Line at Stanford. He won't have the same in the NFL. His short throws are where he excells. I'm not overly impressed with his medium to long passes. He may be a bust. Who knows? I don't think he is the instant Peyton Manning he is portrayed to be here. Manning has a stronger arm and a quicker release. He's not in the Manning category IMO.

No one is saying he's Peyton Manning. People are saying that he's the best prospect since Peyton. They obviously have different styles of play so who would compare that?! You always talk about how you're not impressed with Luck's medium and long passes yet he completed a lot of them this year with accuracy. Then you go off and praise Jake Locker's arm when he's had bad accuracy all this year and last year. I know, I know, he's been injured all year, I've used the same excuse, but he had accuracy issues last year too.

Bradford was a better prospect last year. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. Bradford is going to own our division for years to come.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:14 PM ]
He's not the world beater he's portrayed as on the WZ. He has a brick wall O Line at Stanford. He won't have the same in the NFL. His short throws are where he excells. I'm not overly impressed with his medium to long passes. He may be a bust. Who knows? I don't think he is the instant Peyton Manning he is portrayed to be here. Manning has a stronger arm and a quicker release. He's not in the Manning category IMO.

No one is saying he's Peyton Manning. People are saying that he's the best prospect since Peyton. They obviously have different styles of play so who would compare that?! You always talk about how you're not impressed with Luck's medium and long passes yet he completed a lot of them this year with accuracy. Then you go off and praise Jake Locker's arm when he's had bad accuracy all this year and last year. I know, I know, he's been injured all year, I've used the same excuse, but he had accuracy issues last year too.

Bradford was a better prospect last year. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. Bradford is going to own out division for years to come.

not after we get Cam Newton in here. Luck is a beast, i hope all the teams in front of us also think hes a bust. it would be awesome to get Luck.

Bradford was a better prospect last year. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. Bradford is going to own our division for years to come.

Bradford was a good prospect but he was also fighting for the top QB prospect last year with Jake Locker before Locker decided to stay. Luck is far and ahead past the other prospects. Btw, one of the knocks they used to give Bradford while he was in Oklahoma was that he didn't have a cannon arm but was dead accurate. For Luck, he's dead accurate and he's got a good arm.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Bradford was a better prospect last year. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. Bradford is going to own out division for years to come.

not after we get Cam Newton in here. Luck is a beast, i hope all the teams in front of us also think hes a bust. it would be awesome to get Luck.

1) Nowhere in there did I say Luck would be a bust.

2) How does getting Cam Newton in here relate to also getting Luck?...

3) How do you propose to get Luck? "It would be awesome to get Luck." We have 5 wins. 5......not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5. You do realize there are teams with 1, 2 and 3 wins only dont' you?...

Bradford was a good prospect but he was also fighting for the top QB prospect last year with Jake Locker before Locker decided to stay. Luck is far and ahead past the other prospects. Btw, one of the knocks they used to give Bradford while he was in Oklahoma was that he didn't have a cannon arm but was dead accurate. For Luck, he's dead accurate and he's got a good arm.

Bradford has the stronger arm and is more accurate. He's already good. I seriously doubt Luck is that good that fast. If anything Bradford is better than expected.
Oh good, I didn't wanna draft the best QB anyway. I hope this thread doesn't get locked so we can re-visit this in a year or two.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Oh good, I didn't wanna draft the best QB anyway. I hope this thread doesn't get locked so we can re-visit this in a year or two.

Another guy who thinks picking from #10 - #15 we are getting Luck. Sure the other teams will pass on him just so the 49ers can have him...

Bradford has the stronger arm and is more accurate. He's already good. I seriously doubt Luck is that good that fast. If anything Bradford is better than expected.

Bradford is good, no doubt about it. We won't know how well Luck will do once he gets to the NFL, but from what we've seen so far, Luck is extremely accurate and he's got a good arm. He doesn't have Locker's "million dollar arm", but it's more than serviceable in the NFL. I don't understand why you knock on Luck so much. Is it because a lot of people are on his bandwagon and your constant need to be different?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by skd420:
Listen. Take a look at every legitimate very good to great qb in the NFL and they all have one similar quality.

They are all very good throwers of the football. Tall, short, slow, or fast, all of them throw the ball extremely well with both velocity and accuracy. Rivers has the weakest arm of all the top flight quarterbacks, but he is so incredibly accurate downfield and quick to read the defense and get rid of the ball he can make up for it.

Andrew Luck is neither. He is accurate up to ten yards but after that very average. Below average arm strength. Could escape pressure in college but not nearly athletic enough to do that on a consistent basis like Rodgers or even Smith in the pros. Doesnt carry the offense, his running game does, so if he doesnt have a strong running game in the pros i cant see him carrying his team to a victory. Unfortunately for him thats probably what he will have to do. A lot of his success is built off play-action. If the running game isnt working i dont believe he is a qb that can throw you to a victory. Its no coincidence the only game they lost is the game he had the most attempts in.

May I ask what you do for a living, kind sir?

I think he is Ryan Mallett's agent. He obviously isnt a football scout.

Or maybe Cam Newton's dad?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

1) Nowhere in there did I say Luck would be a bust.

2) How does getting Cam Newton in here relate to also getting Luck?...

3) How do you propose to get Luck? "It would be awesome to get Luck." We have 5 wins. 5......not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5. You do realize there are teams with 1, 2 and 3 wins only dont' you?...

sorry i was goin with the thread title. i say we get cam newton since he will be available, but it would be awesome to have luck instead. i didnt think i would have to clarify that since were obviously not gonna draft both. it WOULD be awesome to get Luck. never said it was gonna happen. chill out.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Another guy who thinks picking from #10 - #15 we are getting Luck. Sure the other teams will pass on him just so the 49ers can have him...

Not from that spot, I figured we'd only have to trade our 1st Rd. & 7th Rd. + D. Carr = #1 Pick. Any team in the top spot would be foolish to pass up that offer...after all, Carr was a former #1 himself.

And I say..........

BULL F**KING S**T
In Canton, Maybe?
ban these numskull noobs pls. all these unnecessary threads are just clutter
Share 49ersWebzone