LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Ras-I Dowling

So what do you guys think of this guy in the 2nd round?

Bio

Cliffs:
-6'2 200 lbs
-Injured the majority of his senior year
-8 career interceptions
-High School sprinter on track team
Projected: 2nd round
I want all the DB's we can get
If we can get him in the 2nd round, that's huge value. The guy is physical and had a great year last year. Could've been a 1st rounder but came back and got injured. I'd be very happy if we got him in the 2nd.
I'm a fan of dowling. I know he's had an injury filled year but i feel that if we could nab him in rd 2, we would still be getting a 1st rd talent with potential. And I think the corners that will still be available in the 2nd worth drafting will be ras-I dowling, brandon burton, jimmy smith, and curtis brown. My choice would be dowling or burton.
late 1st round talent that could fall to the 2nd because of the injuries

CHECK THIS

even if we pick a CB in round 1 I'd STILL pick this guy in round 2 if he's available

that's how much I think of him .... and of our secondary
Originally posted by smacII:
I'm a fan of dowling. I know he's had an injury filled year but i feel that if we could nab him in rd 2, we would still be getting a 1st rd talent with potential. And I think the corners that will still be available in the 2nd worth drafting will be ras-I dowling, brandon burton, jimmy smith, and curtis brown. My choice would be dowling or burton.

I'll take these two. I haven't watched much of Jimmy Smith, but a friend of mine talked about how physical he is and that he covers very well for his size.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by smacII:

I'll take these two. I haven't watched much of Jimmy Smith, but a friend of mine talked about how physical he is and that he covers very well for his size.

seen a couple of his games. has very nice skills and size. wouldn't be opposed to him but supposedly he struggles with off man and has that deion approach to tackling
Clone of Chris Cook? He was doing well until he got injured for the season. I am all for getting CBs and a FS. Guess we can live with Mays at SS.
I want Brandon Harris and Ras I Dowling, and pick up Champ as a free agent.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I want Brandon Harris and Ras I Dowling, and pick up Champ as a free agent.

Acc fan?

I'm always a fan of trading back and picking up extra picks in a deep class and I feel like this one certainly is. I wouldn't mind trading back in the 1st round and pick up Harris in the 15-25 range and getting an extra 2nd rounder

I really like Jimmy Smith and hope he's on the board in the second. It will all come down to speed this offseason.
ideally i would like to pick up a corner with size in rd2 and a speedy nickel corner like rashad carmichael to cover the slot in rd3. Covering the slot in today's nfl is vital to a great defense.
[ Edited by smacII on Dec 18, 2010 at 7:33 AM ]
" Former Patriots CB Ras-I Dowling passed through waivers unclaimed Thursday. The No. 33 overall pick in the 2011 draft is now a free agent. It's not surprising he went unclaimed, though some national media pundits are shocked simply because of his aforementioned draft status. Dowling was injury-prone at Virginia. That carried over into the pros. He played in just nine games for the Pats. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6587
I remember having this guy in round 2 of my 9er mock that year. I really thought the Pats made a good pick with him.

Seems like it would be a long shot for him to resurrect his career here in SF. But I hope he goes somewhere. Maybe the Raiders will sign him....
sucks to hear that his problems were injury related. I liked this kid. Aware of his injury problems but thought he was talented. You always hate to see guys fail at this level because of injuries instead of because of their talent (see: Best, Jahvid).
Share 49ersWebzone