LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

OTC's Premiere Mock is Here: Eat, Drink, and Be Merry.

I really don't think Stanzi lasts till the 3rd round. I'll take him in the 2nd. And a pass-rusher in the third.

Other than that I love this mock.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I really don't think Stanzi lasts till the 3rd round. I'll take him in the 2nd. And a pass-rusher in the third.

Other than that I love this mock.

Appreciate it. Like I said these projections could quickly change by the next mock I put up, as noted earlier. I do believe Stanzi could rise up to the 2nd, but I'm sticking him safely in the 3rd for the time being. He has the potential to rise or fall anywhere between the 2nd and 4th depending on his Bowl performance, workouts, etc.

I can't wait to see Iowa's Bowl game personally.

We absolutely must add a dynamic receiving threat, new QB, pass-rusher and shut-down corner. I'm all for trading down in the first or 2nd to get this done, too. I hope we understand we've got to address these issues.

We have some talent, but you always need to look to upgrade. Sometimes that means letting decent players who have peaked leave.
Most seem to like the Stanzi pick in the 3rd. That would be around the 75th pick or so. DraftTek has him rated #149 (with a bullet) on their Big Board. I don't know where Kuiper has him. I don't know much about him but 3rd round might be a little high?
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Most seem to like the Stanzi pick in the 3rd. That would be around the 75th pick or so. DraftTek has him rated #149 (with a bullet) on their Big Board. I don't know where Kuiper has him. I don't know much about him but 3rd round might be a little high?

I would not trust a place like DraftTek. Stanzi has a wide range of possible values. Some say he's a 4th, some say 2nd. I place him in the middle. His value will become more clear after his bowl, all-star, and combine performances. It's still too early.
Strong first effort, OTC. I could live with this.
It's really pretty good... nice job. I would much rather Broyles over Young in the 2nd round. You reached there... but overall, me likes.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
It's really pretty good... nice job. I would much rather Broyles over Young in the 2nd round. You reached there... but overall, me likes.

I don't think it's a reach at all if he clocks as high as expected. Unlike some other prospects coming in with great speed and shiftiness, Titus has the hands and clutch ability that others don't. Like I said, if he clocks that high, he'll probably go in the 2nd, but if not, I can agree he'd probably fall to the third.

There's no guarantee Broyles comes out, but I can't say I'd be sad if he did enter and we drafted him instead. Both players are tremendous talents.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I don't think it's a reach at all if he clocks as high as expected. Unlike some other prospects coming in with great speed and shiftiness, Titus has the hands and clutch ability that others don't. Like I said, if he clocks that high, he'll probably go in the 2nd, but if not, I can agree he'd probably fall to the third.

There's no guarantee Broyles comes out, but I can't say I'd be sad if he did enter and we drafted him instead. Both players are tremendous talents.

Eh, no offense intended. As we all learn over the years, yes, prospects can really climb or drop on draft boards. Maybe Young will be a strong climber, and maybe some junior WRs stay in school and that makes him a more targeted option.

Eh, no offense intended. As we all learn over the years, yes, prospects can really climb or drop on draft boards. Maybe Young will be a strong climber, and maybe some junior WRs stay in school and that makes him a more targeted option.

True, true. We shall see -- I'm ecstatic at the possibilities to say the least. One thing's for sure, whether it be Broyles, Titus, Baldwin, Greg Little, or whoever, we've got to get ourselves another legitimate receiving threat that can consistently get open and make plays (specifically down the field).

True, true. We shall see -- I'm ecstatic at the possibilities to say the least. One thing's for sure, whether it be Broyles, Titus, Baldwin, Greg Little, or whoever, we've got to get ourselves another legitimate receiving threat that can consistently get open and make plays (specifically down the field).

I was actually in favor of SF drafting Jacoby Ford or Mardy Gilyard in those middle rounds last April. Was glad that we traded a 5th for Ginn. But yes, I'm right back to wanting SF to upgrade their receiving corps... and we need more speed at WR.

Awesome biggest need is QB and you draft a CB and inconsistent often inaccurate QB. We dont need a CB like we need a QBOTF. We have good CBs now if we didnt play 10 yards off the recievers atop CB wouldnt be considered. Plus a rookie CB isnt gonna help us as much as a top QB prospect like Luck,Locker,Mallet or Newton. Stanzi isnt gonna do s**t for this team. He makes way to many s**tty throws and bad reads while locking on to his recievers. Other than that I like every pick but the CB and the webzones new mancrush Stanzi. Stanzi imho is Ken Dorsey without the college championship and accuracy. Both have weak arms and a habit of making stupid throws.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Awesome biggest need is QB and you draft a CB and inconsistent often inaccurate QB. We dont need a CB like we need a QBOTF. We have good CBs now if we didnt play 10 yards off the recievers atop CB wouldnt be considered. Plus a rookie CB isnt gonna help us as much as a top QB prospect like Luck,Locker,Mallet or Newton. Stanzi isnt gonna do s**t for this team. He makes way to many s**tty throws and bad reads while locking on to his recievers. Other than that I like every pick but the CB and the webzones new mancrush Stanzi. Stanzi imho is Ken Dorsey without the college championship and accuracy. Both have weak arms and a habit of making stupid throws.

Comparing Stanzi to Dorsey is horrendous. That's a fire and ice comparison there, completely different players, teams, etc. Dorsey was never considered much of a prospect to anyone. There's a reason he fell so far. You do realize Dorsey was throwing to an all-world cast that featured Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow and Andre Johnson, right? Not to mention having a guy like Willis McGahee at RB and a defense backed by superstars such as Ed Reed and Jonathan Vilma.

No one's guaranteeing Stanzi's going to go top 64 here, or even bottom 64 of the draft.

If you don't think we need a CB, something's wrong. Have you watched Clements? Have you seen Spencer try to tackle? Spencer gets blown up or pounded backwards whether it's a RB or WR he's trying to tackle. Clements isn't playing loose by design, he's afraid of getting beat, and goes into his 15 ft. cushion shell when he gets beat a single time in a game. The guy will be entering his 12th season. How much are we paying him now? While he continues to not get any younger, any faster, or any better?

I vehemently disagree that we don't need a CB. I think I should note I also specifically stated we could look QB with our first instead. However, I acknowledge the strong possibility that we could look at Prince or another CB.

People can note issues with every QB entering this draft -- and forget about Luck to start -- but your comments make me think you've only watched the Stanzi of last year and have not seen him play much this year. Like every other QB, Stanzi's evaluation is yet to be concluded as well. There's a long way to go with Bowl Games, All-Star games, and combine workouts yet to come. I encourage everyone to reserve their use of "absolutes" when referring to these players at this point ...

I'm sorry you disagree with my current thoughts on what the 49ers may consider doing. But it's just a mock, and an earlier one at that.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I absolutely have no problems at all with this draft. If we get Prince, that is a great draft already
San Francisco 49ers 2011 Mock Draft: Plenty of Picks for Plenty of Needs

By David Daniels (Featured Columnist) on December 4, 2010

This season couldn't be more disappointing for the San Francisco 49ers.

Projected to run away with the division, they're now in third place.

Only one game back, they can still make the playoffs, but a playoff berth would pretty much mean an automatic one-and-done.

The 49ers have a ton of needs, luckily, they have a ton of draft picks.

Here is an early 49ers 2011 seven-round mock draft:

Round 1: Prince Amukamara (CB, Nebraska)
Who:

Just like last year with Ndamukong Suh, it won't take you long to be able to say Amukamara. He is one of the best cornerback prospects to come around since the turn of the decade.

Why:

Cornerback isn't the 49ers biggest need, but Amukamara is the best player on the board, and it's still a need. One side of the field will be shut down for about the next 10 years in San Francisco.

Round 2: Justin Houston (OLB, Georgia)

Who:

Houston is a pass-rushing fiend at outside linebacker. He recorded 11 sacks this season already.

Why:

The 49ers are in desperate need of a pass rush. That need is eliminated with the selection of Houston.

Round 3: Devier Posey (WR, OSU)

Who:

Out of Ohio State, Posey is a big-play threat on the outside. He has nice size as well standing at 6'3".

Why:

The 49ers need a starting caliber receiver across from Michael Crabtree. Posey could fall to the third on draft day because there are so many other good receivers that could be picked ahead of him.

Round 4: Quinton Carter (FS, Oklahoma)

Who:

Carter is a solid mid-round free safety prospect out of Oklahoma.

Why:

The free safety position must be upgraded for the 49ers. If they want to get rid of Dashon Goldson bad enough, Carter could get some playing time right away.

or

Round 4: Quizz Rodgers (HB, Oregon St.)

Who:

Jacquizz is one of the most productive backs in all of college football. His 5'7" frame will cause him to fall on draft day.

Why:

The 49ers need a third-down back because Brian Westbrook isn't the same playmaker he was with the Eagles. Quizz could be an excellent change of pace back and would add some much needed explosiveness to a pitiful scoring offense.

Round 5: James Rodgers (WR, Oregon St.)

Who:

James is the brother of Jacquizz. He's an exciting playmaker, but again at 5'7", he'll fall in the draft.

Why:

Injection of explosion part two: check. The addition of the Rodgers brothers would add an element of explosiveness the 49ers offense has been lacking.

Round 6: Anthony Gray (NT, So. Miss)

Who:

Gray is a late-round nose tackle prospect out of Southern Miss.

Why:

The 49ers need some depth behind Aubrayo Franklin at the nose tackle position.

or

Round 6: Alex Wujciak (ILB, Maryland)

Who:

Wujciak is a solid inside linebacker prospect whose main weakness is his speed which shouldn't be a problem in the 49ers 3-4 defense.

Why:

The 49ers have no depth at the inside linebacker position. After Takeo Spikes is done and Navorro Bowman moves to the starting lineup, Wujciak could be the primary backup.

Round 7: C.J. Bailey (CB, So. Miss)

Who:

Bailey is another late-round prospect out of Southern Miss.

Why:

The 49ers could use more depth at the cornerback position as Nate Clements and Shawntae Spencer are getting up there in age.
prince is a no brainer if he is there. i can't see clements sticking around much longer. spencer and brown didn't really hold up there either.

i'm not a fan of taking another wr. i think there are weapons there already, but nobody can get the ball to them.

i really like the stanzi pick. i'm not a fan of locker.
Share 49ersWebzone