2.) Cincinnati - DaQuan Bowers, DE - Clemson
3.) Denver - Nick Fairley, DE/DT - Auburn
4.) Detroit - Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU
5.) Buffalo - A.J. Green, WR - Georgia
6.) Arizona - Ryan Mallett, QB - Arkansas
7.) Dallas - Marcel Dareus - DE/DT, Alabama
8.) 49ers - Prince Amukamara, CB - Nebraska
9.) Tennessee - Robert Quinn, DE - North Carolina
9.) Washington - Justin Blackmon, WR - Oklahoma St.
11.) Houston - Stephen Paea, DT - Oregon St.
12.) Minnesota - Cameron Newton, QB - Auburn
13.) Cleveland - Julio Jones, WR - Alabama
14.) New England (from OAK) - Ryan Williams, RB - Virginia Tech
15.) Seattle - Jake Locker, QB - Washington
16.) San Diego - Anthony Costanzo, OT - Boston College
17.) Indianapolis - Derek Sherrod, OT - Mississippi St.
18.) Miami - Mark Ingram, RB - Alabama
19.) Tampa Bay - Adrian Clayborn, DE - Iowa
20.) Green Bay - Akeem Ayers, OLB - UCLA
21.) St. Louis - Aaron Williams, CB - Texas
22.) Kansas City - Von Miller, OLB - Texas A&M
23.) Jacksonville - Janoris Jenkins, CB - Florida
24.) NY Giants - Bruce Carter, OLB - North Carolina
25.) Chicago - Jonathan Baldwin, WR - Pittsburgh
26.) NY Jets - Allen Bailey, DE - Miami
27.) Philadelphia - Cameron Jordan, DE - Cal
27.) Baltimore - Ras-I Dowling, DB - Virginia
29.) New Orleans - Cameron Heyward, DE - Ohio St.
30.) Pittsburgh - Nate Solder, OT - Colorado
31.) Atlanta - Tyron Smith, OT - USC
32.) New England - Mike Pouncey, OL - Florida

49ers 2nd round - Ricky Stanzi, QB - Iowa

1st 4 picks:

Round 1 - Prince Amukamara, CB (blue-chip secondary help)
Round 2 - Ricky Stanzi, QB (Brady-like underdog)
Round 3 - Jarvis Jenkins, DT (run-stuffer behind RJF)
Round 4 - Jeffrey Demps, RB/KR (world-class speed in the backfield/special teams)
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:13 PM ]
  • dj43
I'm a bit surprised that a strong critic of Alex Smith would take a corner instead of a QB at #8.

I like PA but I think Cam Newton, and QBs like him are the future of the NFL.

Nice job though. I like it.
Originally posted by dj43:
I'm a bit surprised that a strong critic of Alex Smith would take a corner instead of a QB at #8.

I actually agree with you regarding QBs like Cam...I just don't think we'll go anywhere near him or anyone who seems like a real project at the QB position, anytime soon.
I really don't like the running backs this year in the first round.

Like the picks though. Love Jeffrey Demps, nice pick.

*I could see Green Bay adding youth to its secondary or one of the running backs.
*New England is positioned nicely to move up and take a premium defensive lineman
*Cameron Jordan in Phili ... hmmm, I thought they liked undersized ends who get injured
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:28 PM ]
I'd go Julio Jones or Jake Locker. I wouldn't rule out a trade up for Mallett. Although he wouldn't be my first choice (Mallett). He's wild sometimes. But you can't deny his arm strength. With the right coaching (god not Dingletary) Mallett can be really good in the NFL.

With Julio Jones I think we finally get our #1 WR. Crabtree is really a #2. He doesn't have the size or speed to be a #1. Locker was injured this season but there is no denying his athleticism and arm strength.

I'm not high on Prince.
I love that you have Ryan Williams going ahead of Ingram I think Williams is going to be a monster.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'd go Julio Jones or Jake Locker. I wouldn't rule out a trade up for Mallett. Although he wouldn't be my first choice (Mallett). He's wild sometimes. But you can't deny his arm strength. With the right coaching (god not Dingletary) Mallett can be really good in the NFL.

With Julio Jones I think we finally get our #1 WR. Crabtree is really a #2. He doesn't have the size or speed to be a #1. Locker was injured this season but there is no denying his athleticism and arm strength.

I'm not high on Prince.

You must've taken an early peek at my mock.. with those Prince and Stanzi picks.

I don't know if I entirely agree with the first round mock as far as the other teams' picks, but I can commend your first four selections for the 49ers.
i'm not a big fan of stanzi, or any qb outside luck
Originally posted by teeohh:

Would you not draft a qb at all then? Because it's very unlikely we get to draft Luck.

IMO Stanzi projects as a MUCH better version of Shaun Hill, who really isn't a bad NFL starting QB.

Originally posted by vrabbit:

Would you not draft a qb at all then? Because it's very unlikely we get to draft Luck.

IMO Stanzi projects as a MUCH better version of Shaun Hill, who really isn't a bad NFL starting QB.

lol

I think Stanzi is overrated on here. As of now, I don't think I'd be too confident with Locker, Mallett, Newton, or Stanzi being the franchise guy. But that could change depending on who our next coach is, the system they go into will have a lot to do with which qb is more successful. And I much rather trade for Orton or Kolb if it's even an option.

lol

I think Stanzi is overrated on here. As of now, I don't think I'd be too confident with Locker, Mallett, Newton, or Stanzi being the franchise guy. But that could change depending on who our next coach is, the system they go into will have a lot to do with which qb is more successful. And I much rather trade for Orton or Kolb if it's even an option.

Oh I wasn't talking about starting the rookie qb, I agree about having a seasoned vet for next season, but again, would you not draft a qb at all next season?

lol

Oh I wasn't talking about starting the rookie qb, I agree about having a seasoned vet for next season, but again, would you not draft a qb at all next season?

I definitely expect us to draft a qb. But to draft one in the second round, imo, kind of puts the label on him to be the guy.
  • dj43
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I actually agree with you regarding QBs like Cam...I just don't think we'll go anywhere near him or anyone who seems like a real project at the QB position, anytime soon.
Let me ask you a hypothetical question:

If Alex Smith leaves and signs with the Cardinals (I see that as a likely possibility), I see them skipping Mallett and going after a QB in the second round or later. In the case that Mallett would then be on the board for the 49ers turn, do you take him?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Let me ask you a hypothetical question:

If Alex Smith leaves and signs with the Cardinals (I see that as a likely possibility), I see them skipping Mallett and going after a QB in the second round or later. In the case that Mallett would then be on the board for the 49ers turn, do you take him?

Yes we take Mallett if he's on the board. And probably Locker too if we have a chane at him. I think we get one of those. Luck is way off the board. Newton is a major project.
Share 49ersWebzone