Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) How do you propose Carolina wins another game? They are horrific.
2) If #1 is open for trade other teams will want it too. It's not just for us to waltz on in there. The price will be very high. Probably too high.
3) With 4 wins already we aren't in as good a position as you think. We are looking at #7 to maybe #15 or so if we win a few more meaningless games. It's not that easy to get to #1 from there. From #3 or #4 or so you can get to #1. But from those slots it's much tougher.
You Luck dreamers have to forget it. WE ARE NOT GETTING HIM. Dream on.
1) panthers are going to play cards and probably john skelton--they have a chance to win that game.....and if pnathers are horrific what does that say about the 49ers who lost to the panthers?
2) niners may have to pay a higher rpice than others but if luck is as good as many think the price would be worth it
i've been listening to alot of whining about niners not having a qb, and yet some write off luck without even a 2nd thought..."oh blutto we might get in trouble if we try to get andrew luck"
the premium positions in the nfl are pass rusher, let tackle and cover corner, and most of all quarterback...arguably niners dont have anyone elite at those positions, though i think anthonydavis might eventually move to left tackle and be a fixture there for years
if you had to give up your entire draft in 2011 for luck, a ricky wiliams/ditka type trade,why not, you have your qb position filled fr the next decade ala peyton manning and the colts...fill in the holes missing from the draft picks lost with free agents, using the money saved from not having to pay the rookies (assuming there is free agency in 2011)
or alternatively offer lions some players rather than just all picks...iupati is probably going to be a nice player, but guard isnt an impact position and you can probably find an acceptable replacement later in draft or free agency..maybe not as good as iupati but someone that can do the job...or offer crabtree...you can find a receiver alot easier than a qb or left tackle or pass rusher..taylor mays or navorro bowman might be players lions (or panthers) might be interested in
what niners are doing now isnt working so im all for drastic measures