There are 488 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

my crazy mock that would fix the team

1. Carolina- Andrew Luck QB- they need a qb in the worst way jimmy claussen wasn’t considered a project and he was considered nfl ready and he hasn’t produced Luck is too good to pass on
2. Bengals- AJ Geen WR- I think the Bengals want to go qb in this draft however there is none worth taking with the number 2 pick therefore they go with another need which is WR Green is the most talented WR to come out since CJ he has andre Johnson star potential.
3. Detriot- Peterson- They really want to go OL however the talent at T is nonexistent at this draft they will go with another dire need at CB Peterson is extremely talented hes physical and moves well for someone his size shut down potential
4. Buffalo- Da'Quan Bowers DE- I think they are pretty happy with Fitzpatrick they have a couple other needs I think they go with the most talented pass rusher. He will help there defense with a much needed spark allowing them to get to there QB
5. Arizona- Ryan Mallet QB- I personally like jake locker more than mallet but mallet will have have a good combine and had the better year. Arizona needs a QB they will take the best one available and will hope for the best
6. Broncos- Nick Fairley DL – This guy is a beast on the DL other than Dumerville they have no talent at all in the front 7 Fairly is a beast and can stop the run and also go after the QB hes a beast who will help them defensivly
7. Redskins- Cam Newton QB- this is my longshot pick I think they cut McNabb and takes Newton he has incredible size speed and has a great arm he is truly a boom or bust prospect but with shanahan at the helm I think he can be a great player
8. Titans- Julio Jones WR- The titans need some WR help they don’t have a true #1 wideout although jones has had ome problems with drops he can be that guy although it might take some time
9. 49ers- Prince Akumkamara – For those if us watching niner games you would see we have no CB talent we let matt freaking moore pass for 330 yds let hasselback throw for a qb rating 100 (highest this season) let matt cassel throw for the most yards he has this season (so far ) etc
Bottom line : we need secondary help
49ers draft:
1. Prince Akumkamara
2. Ras- I Dowling – I know its crazy taking two CB in the first two rounds however our only effective CB is Spencer. Terrell brown has been garbage same with will james adams has some potential but not as a starter. Picking him I think we move clements to FS having prince spencer and Dowling as our secondary will help a lot

3. Ricky stanzi- groom him to be a future qb. Deep class of QB and doesn’t “WOW” you with the physical talent also he has had a couple bad games his stock will only from here on out
4. Noel Devine -RB- very similar to dexter mccluster he is a homerun threat with excellent speed and vision
5. Steven Friday OLB- Has a great burst of speed he can drop back in coverage while rushing the passer this year he has 7.5 TFL and four sacks and 2 FF of the year

6. Phil Taylor NT- he is a BIG guy 355 pounds a lot like mount cody with franklin most probally going to be gone ater this year and RJF still being young I think Othese two will split the responsibility this guy is a pure run stuffer and will easily command 2 people as long as he has energy allowing it to free up justin smith
7. BPA maybe kicker

Depth chart (drafted positions only)
QB: alex smith/FA,ricky stanza, troy smith/FA
RB: Gore, Dixon, Devine
OLB- many Lawson, laboy, brooks, Friday,
NT- RJF(more finesse), Phil taylor(run stuffer)
This is where it gets a little tricky
CB: Prince, Spencer, Ras I Dowling , Philip Adams, Terrell brown
FS: Clements, reggie smith/ FA
SS: Mays, reggie smith/FA

Again I know most if not all of you guys are gonna disagree with me taking 2 CB in first 2 rounds but I believe fixing our secondary essentially our whole D is our biggest problem and this would allow us to finally have the top 5 D in the nfl
As for our offense our OL next year would be much better with heitman back and baas would be our RG and I think Anthony davis would be much better after a year under his belt

The qb situation is different alex smith if finishes season well might get another 1 year contract to let stanzi take over the reins in 2012 season if he doesn’t finish well I think we go after a FA like palmer or mcnabb

Another situation people are saying is OLB and pass rushers justin smith is still great one of the top DE and raymac and soap are excellent complimentary with RJF a more finesse guy at the point. Also many Lawson and Travis laboy are very good and brooks is very good as well we may nit have a 10 sack guy but we have a lot of good pass rushers to a point where its not an immediate need
Alex Smith and Troy Smith again. Really?............
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Any draft that results in this possibility is unacceptable - they both gotta go.
Titans
Kenny Britt

they arent taking a WR
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
1. Carolina- Andrew Luck QB- they need a qb in the worst way jimmy claussen wasn’t considered a project and he was considered nfl ready and he hasn’t produced Luck is too good to pass on no one produced in that crappy team...they already have two rookies on the roster. they could need another picks, especially a 2nd-rounder...
2. Bengals- AJ Geen WR- I think the Bengals want to go qb in this draft however there is none worth taking with the number 2 pick therefore they go with another need which is WR Green is the most talented WR to come out since CJ he has andre Johnson star potential. way too many needs in the defense. dont wanna say that this case is impossible but if you end up that high and your defense sucks, you have to draft for needs in the first place, imo.
3. Detriot- Peterson- They really want to go OL however the talent at T is nonexistent at this draft they will go with another dire need at CB Peterson is extremely talented hes physical and moves well for someone his size shut down potential they could also go for a d-liner...bowers could a be a nice alternative.
4. Buffalo- Da'Quan Bowers DE- I think they are pretty happy with Fitzpatrick they have a couple other needs I think they go with the most talented pass rusher. He will help there defense with a much needed spark allowing them to get to there QB a qb-pick is indeed possible...fitzpatrick is overrated. put differently, he is not the long-term answer.
5. Arizona- Ryan Mallet QB- I personally like jake locker more than mallet but mallet will have have a good combine and had the better year. Arizona needs a QB they will take the best one available and will hope for the best they have to go for a QB here, imo.
6. Broncos- Nick Fairley DL – This guy is a beast on the DL other than Dumerville they have no talent at all in the front 7 Fairly is a beast and can stop the run and also go after the QB hes a beast who will help them defensivly
7. Redskins- Cam Newton QB- this is my longshot pick I think they cut McNabb and takes Newton he has incredible size speed and has a great arm he is truly a boom or bust prospect but with shanahan at the helm I think he can be a great player dont think so...i dont think that the contract extension with mcnabb was just for fun. their defense could need an upgrade at certain positions and they dont have anything strong at wr, except for moss.
8. Titans- Julio Jones WR- The titans need some WR help they don’t have a true #1 wideout although jones has had ome problems with drops he can be that guy although it might take some time their wr-corps is solid enough to think about other holes...qb and d-line should be preferred here.
9. 49ers- Prince Akumkamara – For those if us watching niner games you would see we have no CB talent we let matt freaking moore pass for 330 yds let hasselback throw for a qb rating 100 (highest this season) let matt cassel throw for the most yards he has this season (so far ) etc
Bottom line : we need secondary help this year's d-line class is very strong. so i wouldnt count out that we will go for a d-liner...we need more pressure on opp QBs. if we dont upgrade here, we will have problems in the secondary again next year.
49ers draft:
1. Prince Akumkamara
2. Ras- I Dowling – I know its crazy taking two CB in the first two rounds however our only effective CB is Spencer. Terrell brown has been garbage same with will james adams has some potential but not as a starter. Picking him I think we move clements to FS having prince spencer and Dowling as our secondary will help a lot
the bucs double-dipped in the last draft, too...not that impossible. but even in a passing league one should go for pass-rushers in the first place, i mean before drafting for the secondary.
3. Ricky stanzi- groom him to be a future qb. Deep class of QB and doesn’t “WOW” you with the physical talent also he has had a couple bad games his stock will only from here on out ok
4. Noel Devine -RB- very similar to dexter mccluster he is a homerun threat with excellent speed and vision ok
5. Steven Friday OLB- Has a great burst of speed he can drop back in coverage while rushing the passer this year he has 7.5 TFL and four sacks and 2 FF of the year we have to go for a pass-rushing olb in the earlier rounds.

6. Phil Taylor NT- he is a BIG guy 355 pounds a lot like mount cody with franklin most probally going to be gone ater this year and RJF still being young I think Othese two will split the responsibility this guy is a pure run stuffer and will easily command 2 people as long as he has energy allowing it to free up justin smith we have the french already, who could be a NT, imo...
7. BPA maybe kicker

Again I know most if not all of you guys are gonna disagree with me taking 2 CB in first 2 rounds but I believe fixing our secondary essentially our whole D is our biggest problem and this would allow us to finally have the top 5 D in the nfl
As for our offense our OL next year would be much better with heitman back and baas would be our RG and I think Anthony davis would be much better after a year under his belt

The qb situation is different alex smith if finishes season well might get another 1 year contract to let stanzi take over the reins in 2012 season if he doesn’t finish well I think we go after a FA like palmer or mcnabb

Another situation people are saying is OLB and pass rushers justin smith is still great one of the top DE and raymac and soap are excellent complimentary with RJF a more finesse guy at the point. Also many Lawson and Travis laboy are very good and brooks is very good as well we may nit have a 10 sack guy but we have a lot of good pass rushers to a point where its not an immediate need
i dont know what you have seen in the past games but those guys cant create a severe pass-rush...
Actually, so far in my own mock (in my head), I have us taking Prince in the 1st and Stanzi in the 3rd, just like you do. However, I have us selecting a safety in the 2nd, either Deunta Williams out of North Carolina, or Rahim Moore out of UCLA.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

i said alex smth/FA and troy smith/FA
that means if we cant get a FA they would still be there
Originally posted by communist:
1. Carolina- Andrew Luck QB- they need a qb in the worst way jimmy claussen wasn’t considered a project and he was considered nfl ready and he hasn’t produced Luck is too good to pass on no one produced in that crappy team...they already have two rookies on the roster. they could need another picks, especially a 2nd-rounder...
2. Bengals- AJ Geen WR- I think the Bengals want to go qb in this draft however there is none worth taking with the number 2 pick therefore they go with another need which is WR Green is the most talented WR to come out since CJ he has andre Johnson star potential. way too many needs in the defense. dont wanna say that this case is impossible but if you end up that high and your defense sucks, you have to draft for needs in the first place, imo.
3. Detriot- Peterson- They really want to go OL however the talent at T is nonexistent at this draft they will go with another dire need at CB Peterson is extremely talented hes physical and moves well for someone his size shut down potential they could also go for a d-liner...bowers could a be a nice alternative.
4. Buffalo- Da'Quan Bowers DE- I think they are pretty happy with Fitzpatrick they have a couple other needs I think they go with the most talented pass rusher. He will help there defense with a much needed spark allowing them to get to there QB a qb-pick is indeed possible...fitzpatrick is overrated. put differently, he is not the long-term answer.
5. Arizona- Ryan Mallet QB- I personally like jake locker more than mallet but mallet will have have a good combine and had the better year. Arizona needs a QB they will take the best one available and will hope for the best they have to go for a QB here, imo.
7. Redskins- Cam Newton QB- this is my longshot pick I think they cut McNabb and takes Newton he has incredible size speed and has a great arm he is truly a boom or bust prospect but with shanahan at the helm I think he can be a great player dont think so...i dont think that the contract extension with mcnabb was just for fun. their defense could need an upgrade at certain positions and they dont have anything strong at wr, except for moss.
8. Titans- Julio Jones WR- The titans need some WR help they don’t have a true #1 wideout although jones has had ome problems with drops he can be that guy although it might take some time their wr-corps is solid enough to think about other holes...qb and d-line should be preferred here.
Bottom line : we need secondary help this year's d-line class is very strong. so i wouldnt count out that we will go for a d-liner...we need more pressure on opp QBs. if we dont upgrade here, we will have problems in the secondary again next year.
49ers draft:
1. Prince Akumkamara
the bucs double-dipped in the last draft, too...not that impossible. but even in a passing league one should go for pass-rushers in the first place, i mean before drafting for the secondary.
3. Ricky stanzi- groom him to be a future qb. Deep class of QB and doesn’t “WOW” you with the physical talent also he has had a couple bad games his stock will only from here on out ok
4. Noel Devine -RB- very similar to dexter mccluster he is a homerun threat with excellent speed and vision ok
5. Steven Friday OLB- Has a great burst of speed he can drop back in coverage while rushing the passer this year he has 7.5 TFL and four sacks and 2 FF of the year we have to go for a pass-rushing olb in the earlier rounds.

6. Phil Taylor NT- he is a BIG guy 355 pounds a lot like mount cody with franklin most probally going to be gone ater this year and RJF still being young I think Othese two will split the responsibility this guy is a pure run stuffer and will easily command 2 people as long as he has energy allowing it to free up justin smith we have the french already, who could be a NT, imo...
7. BPA maybe kicker

i dont know what you have seen in the past games but those guys cant create a severe pass-rush...

were top 10 in the nfl in sacks i agree its not where it should be but our secondary is much much worse than our pass rush

were top 10 in the nfl in sacks i agree its not where it should be but our secondary is much much worse than our pass rush
it's all about CONSTANT pressure and we cant create constant pressure...

i dont disagree with you we do need consistent pressure and i wouldn't oppose taking a pass rusher in R2 but i think we have a weakness in CB and FS getting Dowling in R2 would solidify the CB position and the FS position (putting clements at FS)

i dont disagree with you we do need consistent pressure and i wouldn't oppose taking a pass rusher in R2 but i think we have a weakness in CB and FS getting Dowling in R2 would solidify the CB position and the FS position (putting clements at FS)

All D with the first three rounds?Good job our O is rock solid.
Originally posted by English:

All D with the first three rounds?Good job our O is rock solid.

sarcasm???? our offense's problem is singletary and the qb position, once hes gone our offense should be light yrs better and iupati and davis will be better. the only offensive player i'll take within the 1st 2 rds is luck or green, maybe a qb like stanzi if his stock goes up. im fed up with the trash we have at secondary and wouldnt bug me if we take d 1st 2 or 3 rds
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
How would re-signing Alex Smith be fixing the team??

Nice Mock Draft though.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How would re-signing Alex Smith be fixing the team??

Nice Mock Draft though.

again its says FA/Alex smith so seeing as this isnt a mock offseason im saying for sure we should let the rookie sit for a year and a FA would be leading the team and by the sim chance we cant find one better than smith alex would be the qb