There are 303 users in the forums

Terrelle Pryor says he would 'dominate college football' in a spread offense

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by strickac:
That might be arrogant, but it's the truth. Oh well, he'll be a better pro because of it.

right on the money, and more importantly as he himself noted, he's a winner, and that goes beyond any individual awards.

so was Ken Dorsey, Jason White, Colt Brennen, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith (sigh), Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman, Jim Drunkenmiller (dammit), Jake Plummer, Joey Harrington, Eric Crouch, Tim Couch, etc etc

kinda hurts your point... hes having a good rookie season

Fixed

And thats just the late 90's, early 2000, there are sooooooooooooooo many more we can bring up

Overall, Pryor knew what his strengths were, decided to play in a system more suited towards the pro-style, and needs to quit his b*tchin'...he could've gone to Michigan or Oregon too but he was TOO GOOD for them, and now look at him, going to watch the NC on the couch just like everybody else

Funny thing is Michigan have more pro QBs than Ohio State in the pros (Brady and Henne)...hell, Marshall and Miami of OHIO has more QBs in the NFL than Ohio State (Rothleisburger, Byron Leftwitch, and Pennington), so for Pryor to think he's gonna be a better pro coming outta Ohio State is kinda stupid...enjoy your college years Pryor, bc when he comes out, thre will be a rookie cap and his @$$ will be pumping gas

Can you tell me how I'm wrong ?
That might be arrogant, but it's the truth. Oh well, he'll be a better pro because of it.

right on the money, and more importantly as he himself noted, he's a winner, and that goes beyond any individual awards.

so was Ken Dorsey, Jason White, Colt Brennen, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith (sigh), Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman, Jim Drunkenmiller (dammit), Jake Plummer, Joey Harrington, Eric Crouch, Tim Couch, etc etc

Fixed

And thats just the late 90's, early 2000, there are sooooooooooooooo many more we can bring up

Overall, Pryor knew what his strengths were, decided to play in a system more suited towards the pro-style, and needs to quit his b*tchin'...he could've gone to Michigan or Oregon too but he was TOO GOOD for them, and now look at him, going to watch the NC on the couch just like everybody else

Funny thing is Michigan have more pro QBs than Ohio State in the pros (Brady and Henne)...hell, Marshall and Miami of OHIO has more QBs in the NFL than Ohio State (Rothleisburger, Byron Leftwitch, and Pennington), so for Pryor to think he's gonna be a better pro coming outta Ohio State is kinda stupid...enjoy your college years Pryor, bc when he comes out, thre will be a rookie cap and his @$$ will be pumping gas

too me you sounds like you hate him more than you think he sucks

I still don't understand what's the point of naming a bunch of guys who were good prospects coming out but none who had the skill set he possesses. And is he really "b***hing"?

Anyways, your post if full of hate and in no way address the fact that he is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about what he said. Who gives a damn if Marshall and Miami (OH) have QB's in the NFL?

Fixed

I still don't understand what's the point of naming a bunch of guys who were good prospects coming out but none who had the skill set he possesses. And is he really "b***hing"?

Anyways, your post if full of hate and in no way address the fact that he is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about what he said. Who gives a damn if Marshall and Miami (OH) have QB's in the NFL?

b/c he made such a big deal about going to Ohio State and hell yeah he's b**ching b/c no one put him in on the first-team Big Ten.

As for the "none have his skill set", Jason White put up HUGE numbers at Oklahoma and won the Heisman, Leinart did the same thing and was top 10 draft pick, Ryan Leaf was suppose to be more athletic than Peyton Manning, and Jake the Snake was going to be "the next Steve Young", ALL of whom had the most "amazing skill sets" at their time.

And of course you'll have killer numbers against defenses like Michigan, Purdue, Youngstown State, Indiana, and Ohio, they aren't GOOD.

I'll give him props for beating Oregon in the Rose Bowl last year, but outside of that what has he really achieved? Put up great numbers at Ohio State? I can run off even more names of QBs that have done the same but failed miserably in the pros from ohio state.

He wants to be a winner, cool, go 10-2/11-1 every year at college, lose to an SEC team in a BCS bowl, and flop in the pros, just like every OTHER Ohio State QB.

Fixed

b/c he made such a big deal about going to Ohio State and hell yeah he's b**ching b/c no one put him in on the first-team Big Ten.

As for the "none have his skill set", Jason White put up HUGE numbers at Oklahoma and won the Heisman, Leinart did the same thing and was top 10 draft pick, Ryan Leaf was suppose to be more athletic than Peyton Manning, and Jake the Snake was going to be "the next Steve Young", ALL of whom had the most "amazing skill sets" at their time.

And of course you'll have killer numbers against defenses like Michigan, Purdue, Youngstown State, Indiana, and Ohio, they aren't GOOD.

I'll give him props for beating Oregon in the Rose Bowl last year, but outside of that what has he really achieved? Put up great numbers at Ohio State? I can run off even more names of QBs that have done the same but failed miserably in the pros from ohio state.

He wants to be a winner, cool, go 10-2/11-1 every year at college, lose to an SEC team in a BCS bowl, and flop in the pros, just like every OTHER Ohio State QB.

Your argument centers around numbers/stats/highlights, I wonder how much you've actually watched Pryor play, he has improved tremendously as a passer since his freshman year when he just looked like an athlete trying to play QB and this season he has built on that Rose Bowl performance and has looked better than ever.

To even compare him to guys like Jason White is ridiculous, Ryan Leaf? Jake The Snake? Really? REALLY? And by no means I'm saying this guy is gonna succeed in the NFL and be a hall of famer, but your argument is just weak and pores out of you like mad sweat.

I'm done here because there's obviously hatred for the kid more than factual argument, so there's no point in even having a discussion.

Fixed

hahaha, I'd be surprised if he actually saw the field in the NFL his first 2 years in the leauge...guy is a bum....
he wouldn't dominate sh*t....enjoy your glory years in Ohio b/c they are coming to the end....I'll be shocked if he makes a NFL roster....

Fixed

Your argument centers around numbers/stats/highlights, I wonder how much you've actually watched Pryor play, he has improved tremendously as a passer since his freshman year when he just looked like an athlete trying to play QB and this season he has built on that Rose Bowl performance and has looked better than ever.

To even compare him to guys like Jason White is ridiculous, Ryan Leaf? Jake The Snake? Really? REALLY? And by no means I'm saying this guy is gonna succeed in the NFL and be a hall of famer, but your argument is just weak and pores out of you like mad sweat.

I'm done here because there's obviously hatred for the kid more than factual argument, so there's no point in even having a discussion.

So your replies are, "Really? REALLY?" and "I wonder how much you've actually watched Pryor play, he has improved tremendously as a passer since his freshman year"....and then you use the excuse of "Oh, you're just a hater" so you don't have to put up any REAL facts about him?

Look, I know the dude will get drafted and will probably make more money than I'll ever get to make, so I'm not trying to be a hater, but it's hard not to hate on a guy saying "Well if I was on this team I'd get all the numbers and be top of the heisman list, but I chose to be part of a winning program" when if he'd gone to a team like Oregon he'd be in a system he'd flourish in, be in the heisman talk, and contend for a NC, but decided to go to Ohio State to play in the pro-style that has translated and produced so many "great" pro Ohio State QBs.

I just think he didn't wanna have to try hard, joined an already solid team, when he could have gone anywhere (#1 prospect in the US his Senior year) and still put up the same numbers (possibly even better) at a different program.

As for just shooting out stats, Pryor showed poise against Oregon last year and Miami/Iowa this year (before we knew they both were having down years) that can't be measured in stats, I understand, but games like at Wisconsin this year where he vanished into the wind, versus a down Purdue last year where he had multiple fumbles, and a USC team starting a freshman QB at the Horseshoe last year?

Sure, he improved his passing (500 more yards, 7 more TDs, which are the total he got for playing Eastern Michigan and Marshall), but did he have to carry a team like Robinson or Newton did? No, he didn't. So I don't see why he gets to complain about how good he'd be in one scheme b/c he CHOSE to be at Ohio State, so he can quit b**ching
I don't know about dominate, but his numbers would have been much higher. Dude is a great athlete.
Originally posted by cory4903:
Quote:
Pryor made the comments to the Chicago Tribune when asked about the attention given to players like Auburn's Cam Newton and Michigan's Denard Robinson.
Terrelle Pryor says he would 'dominate college football' in a spread offense "I'd dominate the nation (in a spread offense)," Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says.

"I'll put it like this: You put me in any of their offenses — any of them — and I'd dominate," the junior told the newspaper. "I'd dominate the nation. What those guys do, that's what they're supposed to do in their offense.

"They carry the ball 30 times a game. I carry the ball maybe five times. There are times I didn't even run the ball in a game. You put me in any of their offenses, where I can run the ball and have a choice to throw, I would dominate college football."

Pryor, who entered Ohio State amid much hype in 2008, was not named to the first or second team of either of the All-Big Ten teams (one selected by coaches, one by the media). But he is a finalist for the Tribune Silver Football, awarded annually to the Big Ten's best player.

"We could have done better, but I'm 30-4," Pryor said of his time with Ohio State. "I want nothing else but to win. If I was having a lot of stats and I was losing, I would really be kind of mad. My competitive nature wants just to win, by any means. By any means, win. That's all I really care about, to tell you the truth, man."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-12-09/terrelle-pryor-says-he-would-dominate-college-football-in-a-spread-offense#ixzz17eoGRohJ

He is probably right

He is right and I really hate Ohio State. He's just as good a runner as Newton (Cam to me it a little better passer) but Tressel and their pro styleish offense doesn't use him to the best of his abilities.

Having said that Pryor went to OSU over Michigan because he wanted to develop into a better passer so he made the bed he's laying in.
So he's saying he would have been Dennis Dixon?

• titan
  • Veteran
^Maybe Tressel is maximizing his abilities and that's all he's got. It's difficult for me to think that Tressel would not do all he can to get everything out of a player. I seen the guy produce talent's over the years and some he even made to look like superstar when they are not.
like he dominated USC

Since 2009, he has thrown an INT in 18 out of 25 games

Dude needs to stay focused on what he is doing and not care what other qbs (black) are doing.

Edit

during his early career didnt he throw like a max of 15 attempts per game? He wasnt throwing the ball 25-30 times until middle of last year I think
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Dec 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM ]
So he's saying he would have been Dennis Dixon?
Great athletic talent ..... not a good QB especially in the pro ranks
I'd say he's already dominating college football. One of the better players in the NCAA and a heisman hopeful next year.

Will be an early 1st round NFL pick with his pedigree (best HS football player ever?, ohio state starter) size (6'6) and speed (4.3).
Share 49ersWebzone