There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrelle Pryor says he would 'dominate college football' in a spread offense

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Pryor made the comments to the Chicago Tribune when asked about the attention given to players like Auburn's Cam Newton and Michigan's Denard Robinson.
Terrelle Pryor says he would 'dominate college football' in a spread offense "I'd dominate the nation (in a spread offense)," Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says.

"I'll put it like this: You put me in any of their offenses — any of them — and I'd dominate," the junior told the newspaper. "I'd dominate the nation. What those guys do, that's what they're supposed to do in their offense.

"They carry the ball 30 times a game. I carry the ball maybe five times. There are times I didn't even run the ball in a game. You put me in any of their offenses, where I can run the ball and have a choice to throw, I would dominate college football."

Pryor, who entered Ohio State amid much hype in 2008, was not named to the first or second team of either of the All-Big Ten teams (one selected by coaches, one by the media). But he is a finalist for the Tribune Silver Football, awarded annually to the Big Ten's best player.

"We could have done better, but I'm 30-4," Pryor said of his time with Ohio State. "I want nothing else but to win. If I was having a lot of stats and I was losing, I would really be kind of mad. My competitive nature wants just to win, by any means. By any means, win. That's all I really care about, to tell you the truth, man."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-12-09/terrelle-pryor-says-he-would-dominate-college-football-in-a-spread-offense#ixzz17eoGRohJ
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Pryor made the comments to the Chicago Tribune when asked about the attention given to players like Auburn's Cam Newton and Michigan's Denard Robinson.
Terrelle Pryor says he would 'dominate college football' in a spread offense "I'd dominate the nation (in a spread offense)," Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor says.

"I'll put it like this: You put me in any of their offenses — any of them — and I'd dominate," the junior told the newspaper. "I'd dominate the nation. What those guys do, that's what they're supposed to do in their offense.

"They carry the ball 30 times a game. I carry the ball maybe five times. There are times I didn't even run the ball in a game. You put me in any of their offenses, where I can run the ball and have a choice to throw, I would dominate college football."

Pryor, who entered Ohio State amid much hype in 2008, was not named to the first or second team of either of the All-Big Ten teams (one selected by coaches, one by the media). But he is a finalist for the Tribune Silver Football, awarded annually to the Big Ten's best player.

"We could have done better, but I'm 30-4," Pryor said of his time with Ohio State. "I want nothing else but to win. If I was having a lot of stats and I was losing, I would really be kind of mad. My competitive nature wants just to win, by any means. By any means, win. That's all I really care about, to tell you the truth, man."

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-12-09/terrelle-pryor-says-he-would-dominate-college-football-in-a-spread-offense#ixzz17eoGRohJ

He is probably right
Tressel constricted his talents and wasted one of the greatest talents/athletes CF has seen for a while at QB.

His fault for going to Ohio St. though..

Should have come to Oregon
ya, you know it wouldnt have helped their defense but Pryor at Michigan with RichRod would have put up giant numbers. Tressell is just clueless. Same old conservative gameplan.
he must be related to Richard Pryor.
Should have went to UofM. Too bad, and OSU does incorporate the spread from time to time.
That might be arrogant, but it's the truth. Oh well, he'll be a better pro because of it.
It's the truth but he went to Ohio St. so he could be better prepared for the NFL. Wouldnt surprise me if he's as good of a pro or better than Newton and DRob.
Sure buddy...

And Mike Dingleberry would be a great coach if he knew X's and O's...
Originally posted by strickac:
That might be arrogant, but it's the truth. Oh well, he'll be a better pro because of it.

right on the money, and more importantly as he himself noted, he's a winner, and that goes beyond any individual awards.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

right on the money, and more importantly as he himself noted, he's a winner, and that goes beyond any individual awards.

so was Ken Dorsey, Jason White, Colt Brennen, Colt McCoy, etc etc
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

kinda hurts your point... hes having a good rookie season

so was Ken Dorsey, Jason White, Colt Brennen, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith (sigh), Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman, Jim Drunkenmiller (dammit), Jake Plummer, Joey Harrington, Eric Crouch, Tim Couch, etc etc

Fixed

And thats just the late 90's, early 2000, there are sooooooooooooooo many more we can bring up

Overall, Pryor knew what his strengths were, decided to play in a system more suited towards the pro-style, and needs to quit his b*tchin'...he could've gone to Michigan or Oregon too but he was TOO GOOD for them, and now look at him, going to watch the NC on the couch just like everybody else

Funny thing is Michigan have more pro QBs than Ohio State in the pros (Brady and Henne)...hell, Marshall and Miami of OHIO has more QBs in the NFL than Ohio State (Rothleisburger, Byron Leftwitch, and Pennington), so for Pryor to think he's gonna be a better pro coming outta Ohio State is kinda stupid...enjoy your college years Pryor, bc when he comes out, thre will be a rookie cap and his @$$ will be pumping gas

not sure what your points is, none of those guys had the skill set Pryor has.

I love Shoelace as much as any CFB fan but his game does not translate to the pros as a QB, Pryor's does, he's been getting every year and should he continue to get better next season he will be talked about as a 1st rounder no doubt.

like someone already said, McCoy has had a decent season for a QB playing for the BROWNS, who the hell mentioned Brennen and who is Jason White (I know who he is, just making a point)

None of those guys compare, the topic here is Pryor saying if he played in a spread system (and without a p***y coach, a winning coach but with a p***y approach nonetheless) he'd kill CFB which I have no doubt he would, and also pointing out that winning is more important than being the most dominant player in the nation, a point where I also agree.

Who are you? Some kinda Pryor hater or OSU hater?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

so was Ken Dorsey, Jason White, Colt Brennen, Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith (sigh), Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman, Jim Drunkenmiller (dammit), Jake Plummer, Joey Harrington, Eric Crouch, Tim Couch, etc etc

Fixed

And thats just the late 90's, early 2000, there are sooooooooooooooo many more we can bring up

Overall, Pryor knew what his strengths were, decided to play in a system more suited towards the pro-style, and needs to quit his b*tchin'...he could've gone to Michigan or Oregon too but he was TOO GOOD for them, and now look at him, going to watch the NC on the couch just like everybody else

Funny thing is Michigan have more pro QBs than Ohio State in the pros (Brady and Henne)...hell, Marshall and Miami of OHIO has more QBs in the NFL than Ohio State (Rothleisburger, Byron Leftwitch, and Pennington), so for Pryor to think he's gonna be a better pro coming outta Ohio State is kinda stupid...enjoy your college years Pryor, bc when he comes out, thre will be a rookie cap and his @$$ will be pumping gas

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home