LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Great Blue North 2 round mock draft

• mayo49
  • Veteran
www.gbnreport.com/2011projection.html
No way in hell do I want Locker. Especially if Prince Akamagalidkfaadliruw is still available. And I sure as hell would not want Prince Akajfalidkjfaldjkfa to get drafted by Seattle. I disapprove this mock
I don't like passing on Robert Quinn or A.J. Green for Jake fri**in Locker. No thanks.

In the 2nd, Janoris Jenkins looks pretty good there. Wouldn't mind Ponder there either.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
No way in hell do I want Locker. Especially if Prince Akamagalidkfaadliruw is still available. And I sure as hell would not want Prince Akajfalidkjfaldjkfa to get drafted by Seattle. I disapprove this mock

I don't think you have to worry about PA getting by Houston or even Minnesota.
I doubt four QB's are taken in the first ten picks. Right now, I'd say it will be one, Luck. Green and Prince are projected too low as well.

Greg Jones is a really nice college LB, but he's not top 35 material. And, Torrey Smith in the 50's. I think he'll end up a top 12 pick. Productive, and can fly like the wind. Paea too low as well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Detroit doesn't need more defensive line help they need a CB, so i see them taking Patrick Peterson
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Detroit doesn't need more defensive line help they need a CB, so i see them taking Patrick Peterson

It would not shock to see them address the line and take a blue chip edge rusher to pair with Suh as the future on that side of the ball. Is it their top need ? No, but a DL may rank higher on their draft board and be the pick at the end of the day.
NE gets Von Miller, Carimi, Baldwin and LaMichael James in first 2 rounds?

Dontay Moch as a rush linebacker in San Diego's defense? Scary.

The top 10 and QB's in particular look right to me but there seems to be too many WR's in the first.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is where trading down into the middle or late in the 1st round would be the best bet IMO. For one, no way is Jake Locker worth a Top 10 pick, and what's with Nick Foles in the 1st round again??
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:28 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I doubt four QB's are taken in the first ten picks. Right now, I'd say it will be one, Luck. Green and Prince are projected too low as well.

Greg Jones is a really nice college LB, but he's not top 35 material. And, Torrey Smith in the 50's. I think he'll end up a top 12 pick. Productive, and can fly like the wind. Paea too low as well.

If AZ doesn't get a QB in FA, they will almost certainly take one with their 1st round pick. It may be a reach but their fan base would go nuts if they don't.

Also, it sounds more and more like Buffalo is OK with Fitzpatrick. The only way I see them drafting a QB is if they move up to take Luck, which would be too costly for a team with so many needs.

• dj43
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This is where trading down into the middle or late in the 1st round would be the best bet IMO. For one, no way is Jake Locker worth a Top 10 pick, and what's with Nick Foles in the 1st round again??

That's if you feel that you MUST draft a QB in the first round. I agree a QB is a must area but so is CB and DE/pass rusher.

There are only so many impact players in any draft, usually that number is between 8 and 12. Therefore, it would make little sense for a team with three high need areas to trade out of a chance to fill one of the other two high need areas to get a QB later in the round who is not as likely to be an impact player as a CB or DE.
Oh, hell naw!!!!!

Given all the players we passed, I would take a trip to 4949 and start throwing rotten eggs at the facility!

WE DON'T NEED AN INACCURATE PASSER!!! If Gruden deems him worthy, then I would have to deal with it I guess.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

If AZ doesn't get a QB in FA, they will almost certainly take one with their 1st round pick. It may be a reach but their fan base would go nuts if they don't.

Also, it sounds more and more like Buffalo is OK with Fitzpatrick. The only way I see them drafting a QB is if they move up to take Luck, which would be too costly for a team with so many needs.

I could see Buffalo taking Cam Newton. The fan base REALLY wants to find Jim Kelly 2.0 whoever that may be....
no thank you
Originally posted by dj43:

Arizona is going to be starting Alex Smith next year, with Larry Fitzgerald and AJ Green.
Share 49ersWebzone