I've been following CFB a lot more closer this season than any other season as well as the NFL so I felt like giving this a shot, keeping in mind it's still early, draft order isn't can still change, and some guys may or may not declare early.
FWIW I'm rolling with what the draft order would be if the draft were to happen today. Here it goes:
1. Carolina - Andrew Luck: For those of us hoping we trade up for the guy, I'm not including trades in this mock so let's leave that to the side. Luck is the consensus top prospect in the class, a can't-miss/franchise QB and the Panthers take him.
2. Detroit - Patrick Peterson: IMO their top 3 needs are OL, DL, and CB and if I were their GM OL would be my top priority but there aren't any top-5 OL in this class IMO. AS of today I consider PP7 just slightly a better choice at CB than Prince, a true shutdown CB with killer return skills.
3. Cincinnati - Nick Fairley: even if 85 and 81 leave the WR class is deep enough where the Bengals can address that position in the following rounds. They need help on defense right away and Fairley is a monster (dirty or not). It's a dream pick for them as far as I'm concerned.
4. Buffalo - Da'Quan Bowers: unless they get a shot at luck they're not picking a QB round 1 with Mr. Harvard playing well, so instead they upgrade the DE position with a kid that has been destructive all season long.
5. Arizona - Ryan Mallett: and I hate to even type it, but it makes too much sense for them not to go this route. Mallett could definitely turn into a bust so we can only hope, but there's also the chance he becomes a very good QB with his skill set, and Arizona desperately needs fresh blood at that position. Let us pray.
6. Denver - Marcell Dareus: and this is assuming they bring back Champ, their D-line play is pathetic and Dareus is a stud who IMO can work as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE or even 3-4 NT with the right coaching.
7. San Francisco - Prince Amukamara: and honestly by the time the draft comes they way things are looking he may be the #1 CB prospect out there, but for now he falls to us, and boy are we lucky, or at least I hope we are. Excellent skill set and performance from the games I've watched him in, would love to add the guy to our team and make him at least our #2 CB.
*** backup pick at #7: AJ Green - I can't believe I don't have him going in my top-7
would love some feedback, looking forward to doing a longer mock after the bowl games