LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

vrabbit's 1st ever MOCK

I've been following CFB a lot more closer this season than any other season as well as the NFL so I felt like giving this a shot, keeping in mind it's still early, draft order isn't can still change, and some guys may or may not declare early.

FWIW I'm rolling with what the draft order would be if the draft were to happen today. Here it goes:

1. Carolina - Andrew Luck: For those of us hoping we trade up for the guy, I'm not including trades in this mock so let's leave that to the side. Luck is the consensus top prospect in the class, a can't-miss/franchise QB and the Panthers take him.

2. Detroit - Patrick Peterson: IMO their top 3 needs are OL, DL, and CB and if I were their GM OL would be my top priority but there aren't any top-5 OL in this class IMO. AS of today I consider PP7 just slightly a better choice at CB than Prince, a true shutdown CB with killer return skills.

3. Cincinnati - Nick Fairley: even if 85 and 81 leave the WR class is deep enough where the Bengals can address that position in the following rounds. They need help on defense right away and Fairley is a monster (dirty or not). It's a dream pick for them as far as I'm concerned.

4. Buffalo - Da'Quan Bowers: unless they get a shot at luck they're not picking a QB round 1 with Mr. Harvard playing well, so instead they upgrade the DE position with a kid that has been destructive all season long.

5. Arizona - Ryan Mallett: and I hate to even type it, but it makes too much sense for them not to go this route. Mallett could definitely turn into a bust so we can only hope, but there's also the chance he becomes a very good QB with his skill set, and Arizona desperately needs fresh blood at that position. Let us pray.

6. Denver - Marcell Dareus: and this is assuming they bring back Champ, their D-line play is pathetic and Dareus is a stud who IMO can work as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE or even 3-4 NT with the right coaching.

7. San Francisco - Prince Amukamara: and honestly by the time the draft comes they way things are looking he may be the #1 CB prospect out there, but for now he falls to us, and boy are we lucky, or at least I hope we are. Excellent skill set and performance from the games I've watched him in, would love to add the guy to our team and make him at least our #2 CB.

*** backup pick at #7: AJ Green - I can't believe I don't have him going in my top-7

would love some feedback, looking forward to doing a longer mock after the bowl games
If AJ falls that far some teams may look to trade up a bit. Cle is in dire need of a legit WR for instance.

Any mock that has Prince, Peterson, or Luck going to us I'm fine with. I think you may be right about Prince being the first CB to go, for some reason I think his combine will be very good.
These all makes sence here, Buffalo totally needs a rusher, Detroit really needs a DB, and so do we...Mallett to Zona works to

However

If Mallett and Prince are there, which way do we go? hmmmmmmm
Originally posted by jreff22:
If AJ falls that far some teams may look to trade up a bit. Cle is in dire need of a legit WR for instance.

Any mock that has Prince, Peterson, or Luck going to us I'm fine with. I think you may be right about Prince being the first CB to go, for some reason I think his combine will be very good.

Yea I think you hit the wild card in the top 7, someone is going to trade up for AJ Green. I really think Cinci could go with him though if their QB is not their. But still, they could trade down 10 spots, pick up another receiver like Julio Jones and then load up on defense in the next couple rounds.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
These all makes sence here, Buffalo totally needs a rusher, Detroit really needs a DB, and so do we...Mallett to Zona works to

However

If Mallett and Prince are there, which way do we go? hmmmmmmm

I totally understand our need for QB, however as of today I truly believe Prince is an overall better prospect than Mallett. I'd still go CB in that scenario.

THIS says it all for me... except I expect Peterson to blow up the Combine, so I do think he will be CB #1.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

THIS says it all for me... except I expect Peterson to blow up the Combine, so I do think he will be CB #1.

I see peterson as a guy that will not work out at the combine because of his already high draft stock, I see Prince as a guy who would, which could possibly push up ahead of Peterson. If I had the choice of which one I would rather have drop to us, I would pick Peterson
Originally posted by cory4903:

I see peterson as a guy that will not work out at the combine because of his already high draft stock, I see Prince as a guy who would, which could possibly push up ahead of Peterson. If I had the choice of which one I would rather have drop to us, I would pick Peterson

Interesting. Possible... but an interesting prediction. I would think Peterson knows how well he would do on the drills.. so I would be surprised if he chose not to show his stuff. Looking forward to the Combine either way, we'll see!

Interesting. Possible... but an interesting prediction. I would think Peterson knows how well he would do on the drills.. so I would be surprised if he chose not to show his stuff. Looking forward to the Combine either way, we'll see!

who would you say Prince and Peterson compare to in the NFL?
Very good mock. I basically saw everything going the exact same way.

My fave mock on here so far.
Not bad but I Bowers is a 4-3 end and to my knowledge the Bills aren't going to move away from the 3-4.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I've been following CFB a lot more closer this season than any other season as well as the NFL so I felt like giving this a shot, keeping in mind it's still early, draft order isn't can still change, and some guys may or may not declare early.

FWIW I'm rolling with what the draft order would be if the draft were to happen today. Here it goes:

1. Carolina - Andrew Luck: For those of us hoping we trade up for the guy, I'm not including trades in this mock so let's leave that to the side. Luck is the consensus top prospect in the class, a can't-miss/franchise QB and the Panthers take him.

2. Detroit - Patrick Peterson: IMO their top 3 needs are OL, DL, and CB and if I were their GM OL would be my top priority but there aren't any top-5 OL in this class IMO. AS of today I consider PP7 just slightly a better choice at CB than Prince, a true shutdown CB with killer return skills.

3. Cincinnati - Nick Fairley: even if 85 and 81 leave the WR class is deep enough where the Bengals can address that position in the following rounds. They need help on defense right away and Fairley is a monster (dirty or not). It's a dream pick for them as far as I'm concerned.

4. Buffalo - Da'Quan Bowers: unless they get a shot at luck they're not picking a QB round 1 with Mr. Harvard playing well, so instead they upgrade the DE position with a kid that has been destructive all season long.

5. Arizona - Ryan Mallett: and I hate to even type it, but it makes too much sense for them not to go this route. Mallett could definitely turn into a bust so we can only hope, but there's also the chance he becomes a very good QB with his skill set, and Arizona desperately needs fresh blood at that position. Let us pray.

6. Denver - Marcell Dareus: and this is assuming they bring back Champ, their D-line play is pathetic and Dareus is a stud who IMO can work as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE or even 3-4 NT with the right coaching.

7. San Francisco - Prince Amukamara: and honestly by the time the draft comes they way things are looking he may be the #1 CB prospect out there, but for now he falls to us, and boy are we lucky, or at least I hope we are. Excellent skill set and performance from the games I've watched him in, would love to add the guy to our team and make him at least our #2 CB.

*** backup pick at #7: AJ Green - I can't believe I don't have him going in my top-7

would love some feedback, looking forward to doing a longer mock after the bowl games

Bowers is the question mark from 1-7. I think that Detroit may actually go for Bowers and pair him next to Suh. That would be amazing for them and they can get a very good corner still at the very top of the second.

If they don't pick him, then the Bengals will more so than Fairley because of their need for a pass rusher. I can also see them considering Green.

I see Buffalo reaching for Mallett or they go with Fairly or Dareus.

I think Denver will go with Fairley, Peterson or Amukamara.

It is crazy that a talent like Green could possibly drop out of the top five let alone top three.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Not bad but I Bowers is a 4-3 end and to my knowledge the Bills aren't going to move away from the 3-4.

They already did. Switched back to a 4-3 already this year.

nothing is impossible...but PP is a damn good CB and he proves his athletic ability on every return either...I dont see prince pushing ahead of PP unless the latter creates VERY bad combine stats.
Share 49ersWebzone