There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what we should do during offseason if we dont make playoffs

Fire Singletary
Hire either Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Brian Billich as HC maybe Jim Harbaugh
Draft a CB such as Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukara in the 1st rd
Sign some big free agents that can help us
Resign Manny Lawson, Alex Smith, Troy Smith, Ray McDonald, Any other player we have that we cant replace
Cut David Carr Promote Nate Davis

Who we should Draft if we can get them
Andrew Luck
Patrick Peterson
Prince Amukara
Kellen Moore
Ricki Stanzi
Cameron Jordan
Noel Devine
Cameron Hayward
Jared Crick
Brooks Reed
Any good coverage CB
Any speedy receiver
Any Interior Linemen
Any Good players period!
I was following you until you mentioned re-signing Alex. Why would you think they would do that? We have all moved on. Please do the same.
0. Hire a GM and HC.
Let them decide if they want to keep Alex, Manny, what they will do with Chilo.
Cutting players before we have a new GM and HC would be utterly stupid!
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
0. Hire a GM and HC.
Let them decide if they want to keep Alex, Manny, what they will do with Chilo.
Cutting players before we have a new GM and HC would be utterly stupid!

I was/am an Alex fan, but he doesn't deserve to be on this team next season. If he's on this roster next season I will be severely pissed. I was hoping he'd come into his own this season but he didn't, so it's time to move on.
49ers would have to be brain dead to bring Alex back for a 7th year.. It's just overkill on a QB that hasn't worked..
I was an Alex supporter BUT let's cut the cord and move on. He'll never be what we need and it's time to find who can be.
We should do the same thing in the offseason whether we make the playoffs or not. Making the playoffs should have no bearing on that what-so-ever.
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
Fire Singletary
Hire either Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Brian Billich as HC maybe Jim Harbaugh
Draft a CB such as Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukara in the 1st rd
Sign some big free agents that can help us
Resign Manny Lawson, Alex Smith, Troy Smith, Ray McDonald, Any other player we have that we cant replace
Cut David Carr Promote Nate Davis

I agree with most of your plan except we can't keep both Smiths and promote Nate Davis. If the plan is to keep one of them and Nate Davis as 3rd string that's fine (Alex IMO, Alex may not be great but he's an average starting QB a least, Troy is NOT a starting QB in the NFL) but not both of them because we have to take a QB in the draft. Doesn't have to be with our first pick, actually I'm 100% against that (unless luck falls to 10 or 11 which is where I predict we pick) but it will have to be in the 1st (we trade up into the 2nd half of the 1st), 2nd, or early 3rd.