LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Locker or Newton

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Andrew Luck throws for over 350 yards against a legitamate Vtech defense, and he'll secure himself of being drafted 1st overall pick..

now, if we have a chance to draft one of the guys (Locker of Washingtong or Newton of Auburn), who would u all want??
  • fly15
  • Veteran
lock or

Luck
Newton. Love the intangibles.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This wont last...

But i vote Luck...EASY
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
both
You know damn well Newton will sit out unless he gets some under the table millions.

Just sayin
Locker is going to be much better than most of you guys expect.
Luck could throw for a 100 yards and still be the first pick. He is the jewel in this draft, and it is not even close.
locker...i dont trust newton.
Originally posted by communist:
locker...i dont trust newton.

one tastes better

This is the real question as both might very well be available to us.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Locker is going to be much better than most of you guys expect.

This.

He has John Elway arm and Steve Young legs. Quite a combination. Locker by a mile.

Newton = next Jamarcus Russell...
Newton has upside and is a project. We cant afford another project QB unless we have a new coach who is a GOD at developing QBs.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Newton has upside and is a project. We cant afford another project QB unless we have a new coach who is a GOD at developing QBs.

Like Harbaugh... He was developing guys at University of San Diego who they were talking about as pro prospects before he was at Stanford. And USD is a lower level of competition. The mere fact that they even talked about it says a lot about Harbaugh. His QB background plus his coaching skills make him an excellent QB developer.

Luck is good but IMO Harbaugh has a huge amount to do with his development too. More than people know. Put Dingleberry on Stanford and nobody has even heard of Andrew Luck. Guaranteed. Coaching matters. Especially coaching up young QB's.
Share 49ersWebzone