LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

If the Top 3 QBs and Top 2 CBs are Gone When We Pick, Would You Draft AJ Green?

If the Top 3 QBs and Top 2 CBs are Gone When We Pick, Would You Draft AJ Green?

If Luck, Locker, Mallett, Peterson, and Prince Akamura are all gone when we pick, yet AJ Green is still on the board, would you draft him?

I would, simply because he is superior to anyone else on the board. Think of what this move would also do for Crabtree.

QB is clearly our #1 need, but if Luck, Locker, and Mallett are all gone, what do we do?

Take Green and draft Newton (if he falls to the 2nd), Stanzi, Ponder, or Devlin in the 2nd Round...or just trade the #2 for Kolb from the get-go.
id take aj reen before mallet for sure its a tie between him and locker
I wouldn't be bad
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
id take aj reen before mallet for sure its a tie between him and locker

For me:

1. Luck
2. Peterson
3. Locker
4. Prince Amukamara
5. Green
I think Luck, Peterson and Green are the best players in the draft, but I'd seriously try to trade down in that situation.

As much as I'd love to see us draft Green, it's a wasted pick without someone to get him the ball. Plus, I wouldn't even consider drafting Prince over Green.

I think the best scenario for this franchise would be to either trade up for Luck or trade down, then deal with Philly for Kolb. I know people have their doubts about Kolb, but he is pro-ready and an accurate passer. IMO, the fact that he'd improve our offense significantly would justify a mid-late 1st. I don't see any other draftee potentially having such an impact for us.

Until this team signs a quality QB and impliments an effective passing attack, we don't stand a chance competing for a SuperBowl.
Originally posted by strickac:
I think Luck, Peterson and Green are the best players in the draft, but I'd seriously try to trade down in that situation.

As much as I'd love to see us draft Green, it's a wasted pick without someone to get him the ball. Plus, I wouldn't even consider drafting Prince over Green.

I think the best scenario for this franchise would be to either trade up for Luck or trade down, then deal with Philly for Kolb. I know people have their doubts about Kolb, but he is pro-ready and an accurate passer. IMO, the fact that he'd improve our offense significantly would justify a mid-late 1st. I don't see any other draftee potentially having such an impact for us.

Until this team signs a quality QB and impliments an effective passing attack, we don't stand a chance competing for a SuperBowl.

Word is the Eagles want 2 1st round picks for Kolb. Plus with Vick's running and Kolb's cap friendly cap numbers they can easily afford both and won't settle for a bad trade.

For this thread I think i'd draft that Fairly dude to sure up the defensive trenches especially if they switch back to a 4-3.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Word is the Eagles want 2 1st round picks for Kolb. Plus with Vick's running and Kolb's cap friendly cap numbers they can easily afford both and won't settle for a bad trade.

For this thread I think i'd draft that Fairly dude to sure up the defensive trenches especially if they switch back to a 4-3.

Fairley is a monster. He was unstoppable in the Alabama game.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Fairley is a monster. He was unstoppable in the Alabama game.

Yeah dude is a beast. So if all other options are gone then I say build the trenches up. It will probably be hard to trade down especially with team penny pinching due to lock out. Like you said why take AJ Green with n real qb to get him the ball?

i guess the real question is what will this team do in free agency to pick up a veteran qb? I'm not 100% sure but I believe Garrard and Palmer are both gonna be out there. I'm not so high on Palmer as i am Garrard, but maybe one of them could be a year or two stop gap while they coach up a 2nd/3rd rounder they might draft. But then again we have to wait to see what happens with the front office and coaching staff.
Julio Jones.
I'd pick Green right after Luck.

Why gamble on a couple of QB's who may or may not be very good when you the high potential for a Pro-Bowl type receiver.

You have to select the best player available, not just need. Green is head and shoulders better than any QB not named Luck.

we gotta start taking BPA. But we definitely need a QB!!!!
best available.

And there is not many better than Green.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
If Luck, Locker, Mallett, Peterson, and Prince Akamura are all gone when we pick, yet AJ Green is still on the board, would you draft him?

I would, simply because he is superior to anyone else on the board. Think of what this move would also do for Crabtree.

QB is clearly our #1 need, but if Luck, Locker, and Mallett are all gone, what do we do?

Take Green and draft Newton (if he falls to the 2nd), Stanzi, Ponder, or Devlin in the 2nd Round...or just trade the #2 for Kolb from the get-go.

What about Julio Jones?
Originally posted by titan:

What about Julio Jones?

What about Alshon Jeffery (WR) South Carolina Gamecocks?...
Originally posted by Quitugua:
Originally posted by titan:

What about Julio Jones?

What about Alshon Jeffery (WR) South Carolina Gamecocks?...

He's a Sophmore and not in this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone