There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

doesnt that impact that brdford had on the rams tell niners 1 thing

Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 76Razor:

me, i would give up a s**tload to get him.
we cant afford to give up high picks b/c we have too many holes to fill...yeah, we need a franchise qb but we have to replace about a half of our defensive starters in the next 1-2 years.
NT, DE, both OLBs, spikes, clements, gholdson...RG and another outstanding WR would be good either.

FA and 2012 draft could get a lot of that filled. maybe i am just desperate for a franchise QB. maybe i see a lot of good in st louis, that it clouds my judgement. maybe i just don't know if there will be another luck in the 2012 draft. but i am willing to roll the dice, trade a player or players and some draft picks to get that number one spot (if luck comes out). now, i am not saying we go ape s**t and give away the whole 2011 draft, but i would be willing to part our 1st and maybe a 2nd OR a 3rd and some other bulls**t picks (lower rounds).
Ok, now answer your own question and tell me why the team with the first pick trades down?
Originally posted by hofer36:
it should be telling them, get luck at all costs

No we'd just screw him up too. We need a G.M. and a major overhaul in the front office. Until that gets fix we have no hope. Then and only then can we fix the head coach and hopefully go back to west coast for the love of god we should have never fired mooch after that we've been in a offensive flux.

Are oline is to big for west coast at that. but crab davis and gore fit for it. If we land luck were going to ruining him. were going to press him into the line of fire. he needs to sit on the bench and learn the game.

Bradford may not have talented wr's but he's got a good head coach who protects him well, and runs the ball so they can't just tea off. But we can't expect luck to throw 50 times every game for a win like bradford does.

If we got luck we better get a offensive head coach like gruden or my main man from Stanford who would make lucks life a lot easier by installing a offense that he would be very comfortable in...

Also we need a Fb... Hopefully we can land the guy from stanford. hell i take luck there head coach and there fb.

I hope this never happens but lucks best chance for a good pro career would be to land in the cards laps. he's coach loves to run he's got one of the best wr's in the game. and they just might be picking first overall. Seeing bradford and luck 2 times a year would be horrible for us... COME ON BILL LOSS OUT!!!!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM ]
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 76Razor:

me, i would give up a s**tload to get him.
we cant afford to give up high picks b/c we have too many holes to fill...yeah, we need a franchise qb but we have to replace about a half of our defensive starters in the next 1-2 years.
NT, DE, both OLBs, spikes, clements, gholdson...RG and another outstanding WR would be good either.

FA and 2012 draft could get a lot of that filled. maybe i am just desperate for a franchise QB. maybe i see a lot of good in st louis, that it clouds my judgement. maybe i just don't know if there will be another luck in the 2012 draft. but i am willing to roll the dice, trade a player or players and some draft picks to get that number one spot (if luck comes out). now, i am not saying we go ape s**t and give away the whole 2011 draft, but i would be willing to part our 1st and maybe a 2nd OR a 3rd and some other bulls**t picks (lower rounds).
Ok, now answer your own question and tell me why the team with the first pick trades down?

I never asked that question, but sure:

that pick holds value-espcially in a draft where lots of teams are looking for that franchise qb. let's say it's the panthers who hold that pick. they would be stupid to NOT take luck, but they might feel that more picks will help them in the long run-and maybe they hve that much confidence in their two-headed qb monster in moore and clausen. just as the niners tried to trade out of the top spot in 05. the difference is that the 05 draft was anemic compared to this one.
Originally posted by 76Razor:


FA and 2012 draft could get a lot of that filled. maybe i am just desperate for a franchise QB. maybe i see a lot of good in st louis, that it clouds my judgement. maybe i just don't know if there will be another luck in the 2012 draft. but i am willing to roll the dice, trade a player or players and some draft picks to get that number one spot (if luck comes out). now, i am not saying we go ape s**t and give away the whole 2011 draft, but i would be willing to part our 1st and maybe a 2nd OR a 3rd and some other bulls**t picks (lower rounds).
yeah, u are very desperate...u know what? the rams have a good coaching staff, thats why they win games. not only b/c of bradford...they have a pass-rush, they have a pass protecting/hole opening o-line...i bet that even bulger would look like a pro-bowler behind that line.
dont get me wrong, bradford is an upgrade for them but he is not the only factor of success in st. louis.
YES, our biggest need is QB and YES, we have to grab a good one but we have too many other holes to fill and the expensive FA is not the way to do that...not in the first place. if the patriots can get their starters through the draft, we can get them, too...with a good GM of course.
why? does he do a better job at handing off to gore up the gut on 3rd and 11?

doesent matter what qb we get. thats not the root of our problems. we have much more pressing structural problems we need to address before worrying about the qb.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 76Razor:


FA and 2012 draft could get a lot of that filled. maybe i am just desperate for a franchise QB. maybe i see a lot of good in st louis, that it clouds my judgement. maybe i just don't know if there will be another luck in the 2012 draft. but i am willing to roll the dice, trade a player or players and some draft picks to get that number one spot (if luck comes out). now, i am not saying we go ape s**t and give away the whole 2011 draft, but i would be willing to part our 1st and maybe a 2nd OR a 3rd and some other bulls**t picks (lower rounds).
yeah, u are very desperate...u know what? the rams have a good coaching staff, thats why they win games. not only b/c of bradford...they have a pass-rush, they have a pass protecting/hole opening o-line...i bet that even bulger would look like a pro-bowler behind that line.
dont get me wrong, bradford is an upgrade for them but he is not the only factor of success in st. louis.
YES, our biggest need is QB and YES, we have to grab a good one but we have too many other holes to fill and the expensive FA is not the way to do that...not in the first place. if the patriots can get their starters through the draft, we can get them, too...with a good GM of course.

What are you smoking?

The Rams had won 6 game in 3 YEARS before they got Sam Bradford. WITH Bulger. Sam set NCAA records for TDs and yards. Luck isnt even close to on that level.
rams have a good coaching staff and they play to sams strengths which is spread offense
Luck is going to be playing in Carolina next year, period. No need to even discuss.

The Niners need to figure out if Mallett, Newton, Locker or another rookie can be a player they believe can become a solid pro. I wouldn't draft any of these guys in the first round, but you never know. To me, it is better to swap first and second rounders with Philly and acquire Kolb.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
People need to stop thinking about Luck being a 49ers next year. Sorry to break it to you guys, but we aren't going to have a shot at him. Our first round QB options at this point are either Mallett or Newton.

Yeah like we were never going to get crabtree either right. People are so f**king stupid. Anything can happen between now and the draft...any and everything are possibilities you Jack ass!!!! What if we traded our entire draft for him or what if he pulled and Eli or Elway?? oh I'm sorry I guess your all knowing
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
People need to stop thinking about Luck being a 49ers next year. Sorry to break it to you guys, but we aren't going to have a shot at him. Our first round QB options at this point are either Mallett or Newton.

Yeah like we were never going to get crabtree either right. People are so f**king stupid. Anything can happen between now and the draft...any and everything are possibilities you Jack ass!!!! What if we traded our entire draft for him or what if he pulled and Eli or Elway?? oh I'm sorry I guess your all knowing

true anything can happen but luck is gonna be a top2 pick no matter what we wont be able to trade up for him

crabtree only slipped because his injury i doubt luck gets injured with that o line he has
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by hofer36:
it should be telling them, get luck at all costs

No it shouldn't and likely isn't telling them that. Anything can happen, and nothing is guaranteed. Not every QB that is the consensus #1 pick has success right off the bat.

What I think he was trying to say was that today's league is QB-driven, and you need a quarterback to win.

It hasn't always been as quarterback-driven as it is today, and you've had more hits than you usually get in the 1st round at QB in the last 5 or 6 years.

Its due to rule changes: WRs can go over the middle without fear now, CBs cannot be as physical, must be gentle with QBs, etc.
This year could be crazy for drafting QBs. There are at least 5 teams who need a new QB as badly as any other position and would likely make that a first round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 QBs picked in the first round.
Originally posted by skd420:

What are you smoking?

The Rams had won 6 game in 3 YEARS before they got Sam Bradford. WITH Bulger. Sam set NCAA records for TDs and yards. Luck isnt even close to on that level.
yeah right, its all about bradford in st louis...bradford is the reason for their success, not the coaching staff, not the system, not the good defense, not the pass protecting o-line...only bradford...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Luck is going to be playing in Carolina next year, period. No need to even discuss.

The Niners need to figure out if Mallett, Newton, Locker or another rookie can be a player they believe can become a solid pro. I wouldn't draft any of these guys in the first round, but you never know. To me, it is better to swap first and second rounders with Philly and acquire Kolb.
1.only if the new regime wont care about clausen nor pike...normally i would draft a QB at first, even before filling the trenches. but the o- and especially the d-line are way too damaged to draft a QB...i dont say that they should draft a non-QB 1st ovr...they should try to trade down...they could need their 2nd-rounder back...
2.why are u so sure of kolb?
[ Edited by communist on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM ]