There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If there is a lockout next year

Why not trade as many picks away for 2012 picks. Just a thought, and I know its a gamble
Wow 62 views and no replies.

Does nobody want to discuss what will happen if the NFL locks out??????
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
There still could be a 2011 season, that's one reason not to. Second reason, if there is no 2011 season, why would a team trade for picks??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
There still could be a 2011 season, that's one reason not to. Second reason, if there is no 2011 season, why would a team trade for picks??

Well there will be talent that some teams will want the rights too regardless of whether there is a season or not.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Aussie49er:

Well there will be talent that some teams will want the rights too regardless of whether there is a season or not.

But teams would be asking for 2012 picks and not 2011 if there is no season.
Originally posted by Aussie49er:

But teams would be asking for 2012 picks and not 2011 if there is no season.

What if they wanted a player, say Cam Newton for example, we are on the clock. I think it would be wise for our management to request their 1st rounder next year for ours. They get the talent they want, but we get extra picks the following year
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think we need to draft to win now. We have a core team that will start to age, if we ignore our immediate needs now. For example, how much longer will Frank Gore be a Pro Bowl quality player?