There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Time to draft Frank's replacement

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sadly we can't ignore RB any longer. We can't just say "we don't need that position." The way people have for years and years on the WZ. Frank Gore has a major injury history in both college and pros. And he has taken one heck of a pounding over the years. A hip fracture no matter how minor they want to call it is not a little matter. It's serious and guys don't always recover from that comepletely.

Face it we are in complete rebuild mode...

~ QB
~ RB
~ O Line
~ D Line
~ Pass Rush
~ Secondary
~ HC
~ Coordinators

That's what we need. We are NOT CLOSE...

But we have not been ignoring the position.

Thomas Clayton, Glenn Coffee, Dixon in the draft off the top of my head...bringing in Foster, Westbrook, yada yada yada....its not like we have been ignoring that position. Yeah we havent used high picks....didnt need to....with us having Gore.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
LaMichael James for Oregon please.

and second Daniel Thomas from Kansas but James would add some new dimensions to the offense.

James is so fast dude. He would be a perfect complement to Dixon. Smash an Dash all over again. James is going to be a really good RB. I want him on this team.

Daniel Thomas is kinda nice too though. Big bruising every down back, 6'2'' 230. I wouldn't mind him but he'll probably be a first rounder right?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
LaMichael James for Oregon please.

yes...best back in college....definite yes
LaMicheal James is a sophomore, thought you had to be at least a junior
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
LaMicheal James is a sophomore, thought you had to be at least a junior

Think he's a redshirt sophomore, so he's been in college 3 years already.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sadly we can't ignore RB any longer. We can't just say "we don't need that position." The way people have for years and years on the WZ. Frank Gore has a major injury history in both college and pros. And he has taken one heck of a pounding over the years. A hip fracture no matter how minor they want to call it is not a little matter. It's serious and guys don't always recover from that comepletely.

Face it we are in complete rebuild mode...

~ QB
~ RB
~ O Line
~ D Line
~ Pass Rush
~ Secondary
~ HC
~ Coordinators

That's what we need. We are NOT CLOSE...

But we have not been ignoring the position.

Thomas Clayton, Glenn Coffee, Dixon in the draft off the top of my head...bringing in Foster, Westbrook, yada yada yada....its not like we have been ignoring that position. Yeah we havent used high picks....didnt need to....with us having Gore.

We might need to go high now with Gore having 2 glass knees and now a fractured hip. How much longer can he hold up?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
LaMicheal James is a sophomore, thought you had to be at least a junior

Think he's a redshirt sophomore, so he's been in college 3 years already.

He is a red shirt sophomore and while I would love to get him I have not seen anywhere that he intends to come out early.
Another question everybody needs to ask themselves, if it is going to be a lockout year why would anyone come out early?
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Another question everybody needs to ask themselves, if it is going to be a lockout year why would anyone come out early?

Because the lockout will not affect this yrs. draft, & actually everyone will want to come out because this will probably be the last draft without a rookie pay scale.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sadly we can't ignore RB any longer. We can't just say "we don't need that position." The way people have for years and years on the WZ. Frank Gore has a major injury history in both college and pros. And he has taken one heck of a pounding over the years. A hip fracture no matter how minor they want to call it is not a little matter. It's serious and guys don't always recover from that comepletely.

Face it we are in complete rebuild mode...

~ QB
~ RB
~ O Line
~ D Line
~ Pass Rush
~ Secondary
~ HC
~ Coordinators

That's what we need. We are NOT CLOSE...

But we have not been ignoring the position.

Thomas Clayton, Glenn Coffee, Dixon in the draft off the top of my head...bringing in Foster, Westbrook, yada yada yada....its not like we have been ignoring that position. Yeah we havent used high picks....didnt need to....with us having Gore.

We might need to go high now with Gore having 2 glass knees and now a fractured hip. How much longer can he hold up?

Not long. I agree. But you cant say we have been ignoring the RB situation.
Originally posted by epdavis:
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Another question everybody needs to ask themselves, if it is going to be a lockout year why would anyone come out early?

Because the lockout will not affect this yrs. draft, & actually everyone will want to come out because this will probably be the last draft without a rookie pay scale.

You think teams will actually sign them??? I mean a players only option to get more is to sit out, if there is no season they have no leverage