There are 153 users in the forums

Ok enough with the qb's

I rather watch troy smith throwing to crabtree, vd, gore, walker, AJ GREEN... Then we'd slid morgan into the slot, and could put Ginn in as the 4th wr....

So lets say Aj Green is on the board when we select. Luck is gone. the cb and the dt we could use also gone. no franchise lt. No franchise Cb. 2 qb's are on the board but lets face it we don't want to watch another qb stink it up for 5 more years and waste all the talent we've got and again miss the playoffs and in 5 years he may or may not be ready, but then again we now have holes every where because we can't fing find a qb and now are d is so old willis retires without a ring.

Do we really want to invest another 5 years on a qb. Or should we go with the smart pick take a wr with 99 speed and 99 jumping and 99 hands and then worry about who throw's the ball to now what is being consider by nfl as the most talent skill team in the nfl with Gore, Davis, Crabtree and Aj Green.

And troy smith has the arm. These kind of players at the skill position who do you double. Crabtree underneath catching everything. Davis on a post. Gore in the flat. O s**t aj just smoked the cb on the go. O wait Josh is open in slot o no ginn dam he's open too maybe he will catch it maybe not.... OOOO troy falls down because his brain is so over worked with the option to throw to anyone.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 3, 2010 at 14:33:55 ]
NO

We need a QB first and foremost. I have seen all I want to fro Troy, Alex, Carr, and Nate...they are not, I repeat not franchise QB's.

Its time to start over again at the postion, and this draft is loaded with QBs.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
NO

We need a QB first and foremost. I have seen all I want to fro Troy, Alex, Carr, and Nate...they are not, I repeat not franchise QB's.

Well call philly and trade for vick or kolb. because im not about to watch a rookie get killed behind are oline. I cant take another bust at qb i hate alex i hate carr, nate isn't going to be it.

Troy doesn't no any of the playbook i know we think we need a qb but were going to be running the same 6 plays next season with a rookie. I'm not sold on morgan and ginn neither has sure hands or the speed to go deep and make the catch.

Aj has both he may be one of the most naturally play makers out there. Luck may not even come out this season and if he doesn't then what, were screwed i'm not sold on any qb being the franchise play caller we need i tell you what we trade for the first over all pick next year. Bam oline's 3 years of experience. All this talent to throw to. Now we can get a qb and groom him right.

If you want a qb to succeed go out and get him the pieces we needed to fill to began with the last 5 years why we've been watching alex. how about we wait a year have some patience a rookie qb won't get us to the playoffs. there's not one guy that makes me go dam, there is no bradford type qb if luck doesn't come out.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 3, 2010 at 14:46:39 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
NO

Well call philly and trade for vick or kolb. because im not about to watch a rookie get killed behind are oline. I cant take another bust at qb i hate alex i hate carr, nate isn't going to be it.

Troy doesn't no any of the playbook i know we think we need a qb but were going to be running the same 6 plays next season with a rookie. I'm not sold on morgan and ginn neither has sure hands or the speed to go deep and make the catch.

Aj has both he may be one of the most naturally play makers out there. Luck may not even come out this season and if he doesn't then what, were screwed i'm not sold on any qb being the franchise play caller we need i tell you what we trade for the first over all pick next year. Bam oline's 3 years of experience. All this talent to throw to. Now we can get a qb and groom him right.

Troy will only be a caretaker for a year or so. There wont be another QB class like this in a while regardless. A good QB can make average WRs great...like in St Louis. We already have alot of money tied up in Crabs and VD, so taking another receiver high isnt a necessary option.
NO

never ever heard about that verb? could you explain it to me?

according to the topic: if and only if green is the BPA by far, we could think about that...but then again, i'd rather draft down and collect some more picks before going for another WR, who is useless as long as we don't have a good QB (for the future)...too many needs on that team to afford such a pick.
Originally posted by communist:
NO

according to the topic: if and only if green is the BPA by far, we could think about that...but then again, i'd rather draft down and collect some more picks before going for another WR, who is useless as long as we don't have a good QB (for the future)...too many needs on that team to afford such a pick.

Thanks, now ask me if I care?
NO

Do you care? either way we should go bpa, but if sing is still on this team he will just trade up and take whoever he wants anyways regardless
NO

whats your problem???
Im with ya GoldDigerrrrrr, I would not mind Green.

But I want Peterson so badly.
We need a QB or we will never go anywhere. However we are probably not going to pick high enough to have our choice so once again we will get something else other than QB.

I was totaly against the preseason talks of talking to Vick but it shows how much I know.Meaning QB position would have beentaking care of,afnd pass rusher,cornerback would fall in place for up comming draft.
We need the right coaching or we'll never go anywhere. Nevermind a QB.

My preference is to upgrade the secondary, the pass rush, and the QB. But the coaches have to be replaced first.

We have a secondary that try jumping the play too often. A pass rush that is too inconsistent. Although has shown slight improvement. An o-line that hopefully has talent, but needs to be coached better to gel together. Play calling that is not expansive enough to keep team's guessing.

The only aspects of the team that are good enough is the TEs, defense against the rush, and punting.

It is hard to tell which of these areas can be improved by better coaching, and which genuinely require an upgrade in talent.

But there are DBs out there that have been genuinely impressive in their first season. And if Peterson and Nakamura are as good as advertised (widely predicted that both go top 10, which is unusual for DBs), and 1 is available at our pick can we say no?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Im with ya GoldDigerrrrrr, I would not mind Green.

But I want Peterson so badly.

This
  • buck
  • Veteran
I do not think that there is a quaterback in this draft that rates a high first round pick.

If Luck or Newton decide to enter the draft, I do not think that we will in a position to draft either one.

I think our best realistic bets would Prince Amukamara in the first and in the second Jeremy Beal.

In the 3rd and 4th, I would look for a QB and a WR.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If everyone is gone like you say, I wouldn't mind Green and pair him with Crabtree. We'd have the best WR corp in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone