LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Mallett or Newton

Mallett or Newton

Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Quote:
Get back to me when locker can hit 60% of his passes.

Think what you want about newtons ability to play the QB position in the pros but he is the best overall athlete at his position and its not even close.

NO. He doesn't have the arm of Locker. Not even close. He can be wild and inconsistent (Newton).

lol you pretty much just described Jake Locker.
Maybe nobody told you he played this season with a broken rib and deep thigh bruise because he is tough and his O Line sucks and he has no help...

When healthy he has laser accuracy...

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 4, 2010 at 20:36:35 ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Quote:
Quote:

Think what you want about newtons ability to play the QB position in the pros but he is the best overall athlete at his position and its not even close.

NO. He doesn't have the arm of Locker. Not even close. He can be wild and inconsistent (Newton).

Maybe nobody told you he played this season with a broken rib and deep thigh bruise because he is tough and his O Line sucks and he has no help...

Quote:

When has he ever had laser accuracy?
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I see you have not seen him play...
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I see you are a Locker guy. And we wont argue that he has talent, and has played through injuries. But saying that Cam is in accurate and erratic, and is not a NFL Qb is just retarded.

We all know you are like Skip Bayless here SD. So it aint surprising that you are in the position to say that Cam aint QB material.

You are reaching for attention here though
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I see you are a Locker guy. And we wont argue that he has talent, and has played through injuries. But saying that Cam is in accurate and erratic, and is not a NFL Qb is just retarded.

We all know you are like Skip Bayless here SD. So it aint surprising that you are in the position to say that Cam aint QB material.

I just don't like him. I don't think Cam has what it takes at the pro level. A healthy Locker does. A healthy Locker has John Elway talent. I have no idea if he will be that good or not. But he has a million dollar arm and million dollar legs. Those players don't come around very often.
Why do people still argue over novelty QBs lol? Steve Young was one of a kind and it took Michael Vick till he was 30 to figure out how to throw.

The kid is in college. And he has a really good offensive line, hell he should give them the $180,000 lol. Someone said Mallet is one dimensional, well with a QB all you need is that one dimension (throwing).
Originally posted by bracus:
Why do people still argue over novelty QBs lol? Steve Young was one of a kind and it took Michael Vick till he was 30 to figure out how to throw.

The kid is in college. And he has a really good offensive line, hell he should give them the $180,000 lol. Someone said Mallet is one dimensional, well with a QB all you need is that one dimension (throwing).

No.

~ Vick.
~ Steve Young.
~ John Elway was very athletic also.

Athletic is good. It's not a bad thing. The reason some "athletic QB's" from the past haven't succeeded was they have a 10 cent head or came from a system that was so different from what they will be running. But the transition can be made by a smart kid with some time in the system.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Well to be fair he was a 3-time Pro Bowler, had 38 wins in six years as a starter and played in an NFC title game as a running QB.

Well to be fair he was a 3-time Pro Bowler, had 38 wins in six years as a starter and played in an NFC title game as a running QB.

Yes he was very good. It didn't just start yesterday. He lost several years in prison. That was his setback. He has a 10 cent criminal head. But you can't really question his play on the field.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I just don't like him. I don't think Cam has what it takes at the pro level. A healthy Locker does. A healthy Locker has John Elway talent. I have no idea if he will be that good or not. But he has a million dollar arm and million dollar legs. Those players don't come around very often.
Just because you dont "like" him doesent mean you cant be blind to Cam's talents.

Have you not seen Cam throw at all? He can make all the NFL throws effortlessly. He is incredibly accurate, and of course he can run...we all know he can run. Whats more is that he has better intangibles than Locker. And he is a leader. Cam has impressed me alot, with the arm he has and accuracy...it showed last night....his receivers dropped another 2 sure TDs, add that to at least 4 other drops.

Cam is better than Locker. I dont know how both will turn out in the NFL, Locker is a great talent too. Dont get me wrong. All I know is that hw are gonna get a QB in the 1st this year. Whoever it is. But you cant just dis credit Cam, and say he wont play QB because you dont "like" him.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by mrwoodz:

He's not gonna be a sure thing after such little time as a starter at top college level. But Sanchez isn't doing too bad in New York, is he?
sanchez came out of a pro-style offense, if i remember rightly...

So did Matt Leinart, so that really doesn't mean anything
but you will minimize the transition risk, if you take a pro-style qb, dont you? as to leinart, imo the guy had never a real chance...dont wanna say that he would success in this league.

Yes he was very good. It didn't just start yesterday. He lost several years in prison. That was his setback. He has a 10 cent criminal head. But you can't really question his play on the field.

Vick wasn't very good before jail, let's be honest. The guy's best year he had a QB rating barely at 80. Andy Reid saved him and put him in a great system, which is something we need to consider with the next QB.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Vick wasn't very good before jail, let's be honest. The guy's best year he had a QB rating barely at 80. Andy Reid saved him and put him in a great system, which is something we need to consider with the next QB.

Thank you. Most people only remember his highlights. I lived in Atlanta around that period. I remember him not being able to hit open WRs. I remember good teams gameplanning and containing him, forcing him to pass and he would lose. This is the first time I've seen him able to win a game when the opposing team does this.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Just because you dont "like" him doesent mean you cant be blind to Cam's talents.

Have you not seen Cam throw at all? He can make all the NFL throws effortlessly. He is incredibly accurate, and of course he can run...we all know he can run. Whats more is that he has better intangibles than Locker. And he is a leader. Cam has impressed me alot, with the arm he has and accuracy...it showed last night....his receivers dropped another 2 sure TDs, add that to at least 4 other drops.

Cam is better than Locker. I dont know how both will turn out in the NFL, Locker is a great talent too. Dont get me wrong. All I know is that hw are gonna get a QB in the 1st this year. Whoever it is. But you cant just dis credit Cam, and say he wont play QB because you dont "like" him.
In the front half of the season Cam was not as accurate. Later in the year he has been better. I'm still skeptical. People forget Locker was injured all year. He has a broken rib and deep thigh bruise. Plus his team sucks (WA). Of course that effects your performence. A healthy Locker is a very good athlete and can be an excellent QB.
nvm, misread the posts.

[ Edited by GoGiantsHumBaby on Dec 5, 2010 at 09:32:01 ]
Share 49ersWebzone