LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Cowboys Related, But Discusses Many Prospects

Wes Bunting Picks the Cowboys' Groceries: Put an Offensive Tackle on the List

Posted by Rafael at Wednesday, December 01, 2010

In the first installment of my weekly chat with the National Football Post's Director of College Scouting Wes Bunting, we take a closer look at the top ten, which now may include a fast-rising underclassman offensive tackle:

Cowboys Nation: Given that Dallas will likely pick in the 6-10 range, given their weaknesses and three tough games to be played against the Eagles and Colts, which position do you think would make a bigger impact, a blue chip defensive end or a blue chip corner, all grades being equal? We've debated this question all week and have seen good points for both positions. It's not really a matter of need in Dallas' case because they need both.

Let's say you're at the football optometist and they're checking vision for you and you get the choice -- does this player look better for you, or this one? Let's begin with the favorites at each of the big defensive need spots. I'm presenting Nick Fairley and Patrick Peterson.

Wes Bunting: They're both gonna get blue chip grades in my book, but I'm a believer you build inside out. I think if you have a dominant defense line it can shore up a lot of missteps in the secondary. Good corners can only cover for so long, so I'm going with D-line.

I love Fairley. I think he's a guy who can really dominate up front on a defensive line.

CN: Where is he rated now in your scheme? He was dominant against Alabama, when he was in the game.

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2010/12...ies-comes.html
meh no OT is aorth a top 20 pick this year i dont see the cowboys taking a OT unless they trade back but i think they go secondary with their 1st round pick
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
meh no OT is aorth a top 20 pick this year i dont see the cowboys taking a OT unless they trade back but i think they go secondary with their 1st round pick

I'd be pretty upset if they get Peterson.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

We'll see. OT's usually shoot up the boards after the Combine.

I know this guy really likes Tyronn Smith from USC.
Share 49ersWebzone