LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

A couple of potential prospects from Nevada

Most of you have probably not seen alot of Nevada Wolfpack games this year, but you might want to pay attention to Dante Moch. He's a hybrid DE/LB that is a little short (6-0) but ways in comfortably in the 240s. If I understand some of the information correctly he was a track champion coming out of California High School system and has one hell of a motor.

He is leading the WAC in TFLs, and if you saw the 2nd half of the Boise game you saw that he and the other DE (Colson) rattled the Boise QB and had a major impact on changing the game.

Oh, and he also is very capable of dropping into coverage.

The other one I wonder about is Colin Kapernick. He's definitely tall enough (6-5) and has one hell of an arm. He was drafted out of high school by the Cubs as a baseball player. He reads defenses very well, and to me the only thing he lacks is
touch.

For those of you who have watched these guys, I'd like a little feedback from you.
He definitely looks like an OLB at the next level. He is good in coverage when he reads it right. I would say he could play pass rushing OLB, cover the TE down the seam and line up as a safety in some alignments.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Kapernick looks like he would break in half if he was ever tackled in the NFL.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Kapernick looks like he would break in half if he was ever tackled in the NFL.

Your right he does look like that. However, he has taken his fair share of big hits in his 4 years as QB and hasn't "broken".
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Most of you have probably not seen alot of Nevada Wolfpack games this year, but you might want to pay attention to Dante Moch. He's a hybrid DE/LB that is a little short (6-0) but ways in comfortably in the 240s. If I understand some of the information correctly he was a track champion coming out of California High School system and has one hell of a motor.

He is leading the WAC in TFLs, and if you saw the 2nd half of the Boise game you saw that he and the other DE (Colson) rattled the Boise QB and had a major impact on changing the game.

Oh, and he also is very capable of dropping into coverage.

The other one I wonder about is Colin Kapernick. He's definitely tall enough (6-5) and has one hell of an arm. He was drafted out of high school by the Cubs as a baseball player. He reads defenses very well, and to me the only thing he lacks is touch.
For those of you who have watched these guys, I'd like a little feedback from you.

I consider that to be really important. Being accurate and throwing with touch is more important than having a strong arm.
I actually like Kapernick a lot. He's tall and an excellent athlete. He's a very late round prospect maybe. He has some work to do and some touch to develop. But you can't deny his athleticism and height. He has some skills.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I actually like Kapernick a lot. He's tall and an excellent athlete. He's a very late round prospect maybe. He has some work to do and some touch to develop. But you can't deny his athleticism and height. He has some skills.

Yeah he just needs to get 30 more pounds of muscle. I thought I read somewhere that the guy is only 190lbs?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah he just needs to get 30 more pounds of muscle. I thought I read somewhere that the guy is only 190lbs?

Dude went to Pitman High here in Turlock. I can see the school if i go outside my house.
Share 49ersWebzone