There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Titus Young - Boise State WR

I'm curious what people in here think about Titus Young and his potential as an NFL WR. I've enjoyed his time here at Boise State and I think he'd be a solid slot WR in the NFL and possible game breaking KR/PR. I think he can be had in the 3rd or 4th round and would be a welcomed addition to our WR Corp. We need speed and IMO he'd fit in nicely opposite Michael Crabtree. Not sure if he's starting material in the NFL but with our lack of depth at WR he'd easily be one of our top 3 WR's.

He runs solid routes, is usually reliable with his hands and would be a deep threat we sorely lack. My issue is his lack of size as he's only listed at 5'11" at 175lbs. What are everyones thoughts on Young?

I'm obviously a Boise State homer and officially on the Titus Young bandwagon.

[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Dec 6, 2010 at 04:38:05 ]
Being a NV Wolfpack fan, I think he definitely has the tools for the NFL. I see him in the same categories as you do, and some team is going to get one fine slot receiver.

As far as size, how big is Wes Welker?

Titus can always bulk up a little.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Being a NV Wolfpack fan, I think he definitely has the tools for the NFL. I see him in the same categories as you do, and some team is going to get one fine slot receiver.

As far as size, how big is Wes Welker?

Titus can always bulk up a little.

It's a little hard to figure out exactly how big Titus is. Some listings have him as 6' 190lbs and others I have seen are 5'11" and only 175 lbs(about the same as Desean Jackson).

Wes Welker is a small guy listed at only 5'9" and 185lbs. About the same as Steve Smith from Carolina. He isn't overly fast like Jackson and Young but his hands, quickness and route running makes up for his lack of size and overall speed.

If he is indeed only 175 lbs, it's not out of the question that he could bulk up a little bit. Hopefully not at the expense of his speed though.

I believe he'll take a little time to develop though in the NFL. I think he'll produce mostly on ST's early on in his career and could eventually move on to a more prominent role in the offense. It took him awhile to breakout in College as he didn't produce consistently on offense until last year in his Junior Year. Since then he's easily been Kellen Moore's go-to-guy on offense. I really like Austin Pettis as well but I'm completely enamored by Titus Youngs potential as a playmaker.

[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Dec 2, 2010 at 20:09:41 ]
I would really like to see us bring in a player like Young. He is a quick and sudden player with nice speed with the ability to separate. He makes big plays which we need. Good hands. One of my favorite players in the draft and hope we take him.

The only thing all year I have not liked with him is the overtime loss to the Wolfpack. I would have to go back and look at the film but didn't he have a couple darts thrown to him in the end zone that he did not come up with? Tough plays yes but you make those in the NFL.
Quote:
My issue is his lack of size as he's only listed at 5'11" at 175lbs.

Desean Jackson says Hi
He is legit. His body control/hands/quickness make him an NFL WR.

I actually like him better then any other senior WR. I'd expect him to go in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He is legit. His body control/hands/quickness make him an NFL WR.

I actually like him better then any other senior WR. I'd expect him to go in the 2nd round.

You think so? I love Titus Young but I didn't want to sound like I was overrating him. IMO he's the type of player we are desperately lacking. Ginn has his moments as a KR/PR but he's almost useless on offense with his horrible hands. Defenses wont respect a HR threat if he can't actually catch the ball. Like you said, Young is legit with his hands and quickness.

I can just imagine the big plays on offense with Davis, Crabtree and Young. Maybe we should look at getting a QB that would actually be able to get it into our playmakers hands though.
Poor man's DeSean Jackson.

I grade him as a late second rounder.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Quote:
My issue is his lack of size as he's only listed at 5'11" at 175lbs.

Desean Jackson says Hi

but the thing jackson has is elite speed and his speed and quickness alone makes up for being small. does young have that elite speed???
This kid is making a big splash at the Senior Bowl. Mayock has been raving about him. Blowing by opposing DB's, running solid routes, and showing good hands. Looks like he might be moving into the second round. Considering what he could possibly bring to our offense he's someone to keep an eye on.
Sign me up!
Been on his bandwagon for about 3 months now, DRAFT THIS KID!!!!!
[ Edited by Slash49 on Jan 25, 2011 at 1:53 AM ]
I say draft akumara round 1 and young n round 2 and stanzi n round 3 and maracic n round 4 and call it a draft people
Titus sure stuck out as a top receiver yesterday. If we draft him let's not tell him how small he is. He survived the college level ok.
he really stood out yesterday! let's see how he does @ the combine

"poor man's DeSean Jackson"