Not a member? Register Now!

Name our Top Needs and Players You Like at those Positions

So, whats your guys top needs?
  • dman
  • Veteran
RB
Originally posted by dman:
RB

If we look at RB early, like rd 2-4, i like the following.

LaMichael James
Roy Helu
Armando Allen
Anthony Allen
John Clay
Evan Royster
Noel Devine
Ryan Williams

and in rd 1, if we were to go that route, which i dont see but is possible.

Demarco Murray
Mark Ingram
QB
CB
OLB
WR
OG

Coaching staff
Originally posted by jreff22:
QB
CB
OLB
WR
OG

Coaching staff

QB:

Luck
Stanzi
Devlin
Locker

CB:

Peterson
Amukamara
Dowling
Jenkins
Williams
Harris
Burton

OLB:

Miller
Kerrigan
Beal
Houston
Quinn

OG/C:

Wisniewski
Zac Hurd
Claiborne

WR:

Green
Baldwin
Blackmon
Jones
Floyd
Tolliver
Posey
Childs
Little
We may need a f**king RB
for rb the only names I like are LaMichael James and Shane Vereen because I've seen plenty of their games
Originally posted by teeohh:
for rb the only names I like are LaMichael James and Shane Vereen because I've seen plenty of their games

forgot about Vereen, a definite potential 3rd rd pick possibility.

Also, dont look past Armando Allen, he is dynamic, and could replace Westy after this yr or next if Westbrook comes back.
Looks like the hot topic now is RB... I wouldn't mind getting a scat back but I won't act like Gore is done. Dixon has a lot to learn but he should be ready to go next year too. Depending on how Gore recovers and I bet you he will be itching to go soon we might have to resign Westbrook or another vet back. Back to drafting the scat back, we really need some speed but we have so many other needs. If we get one in round 2 or 3 I wouldn't be mad though.

Funny thing is I remember when we drafted Gore back in 05 in the 3rd round. Everyone was like who is this? Why do we need another RB? We got Kevan Barlow.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 29, 2010 at 22:57:57 ]
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Defensive Front
I really feel like we final have OLB's to run the 3-4. I don't see enough base pass rush
from the base three. Knowing that the base threes job is to occupy blockers they are occasional suppose to make plays. New England front three do.
When I first saw Julius Peppers in a bears Uniform I said who is that DT playing on the end? Thats what I want for my team. Some on who looks like a DT playing end.

25 Heyward, Cameron 3-4 DE Ohio State 6'6 287 4.93

I like Heyward Cameron as our first pick he is slated to go around the 25pick I say trade back and pick up an xtra 2nd and 3rd pick.

I know we need a QB and Luck is going to be out of reach we may have to be creative in getting one. Lienhart's contract is up this year and he is with the Texans.

67Ellis, Kendrick NT Hampton 6'4 340 5.41

I think Ellis can be had with an early third round pick or late 2nd
Coach
Holmgren
Harbaugh
Gruden
(no, they can't be drafted, but...)

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
QB
CB
OLB
WR
OG

Coaching staff

QB:

Luck
Stanzi
Devlin
Locker

CB:

Peterson
Amukamara
Dowling
Jenkins
Williams
Harris
Burton

OLB:

Miller
Kerrigan
Beal
Houston
Quinn

OG/C:

Wisniewski
Zac Hurd
Claiborne

WR:

Green
Baldwin
Blackmon
Jones
Floyd
Tolliver
Posey
Childs
Little

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 30, 2010 at 07:37:17 ]
1. SAM OLB, if Lawson leaves, as expected. Laboy is too fragile to start for 16 games. Brooks is too inconsistent. Would prefer for Lawson to stay, but he seems really pi$$ed at the club. This will be a gaping hole and must be the #1 priority. Many in Niner Talk diss Lawson, but he will receive many, big dollar offers from other teams in free agency.

2. QB, if there is no confidence that Nate Davis can develop, then a new young stud is necessary for grooming. T. Smith is only interim, not a Super Bowl-caliber QB. Could go the trade route and oick-up a young vet, who is 2nd or 3rd on another NFL team. It worked for the Packers, when they got Favre that way from Atlanta, back in the day. Will mostly depend on who is the HC "going forward". Other than Luck, no other college QB seems like a sure thing.

3. CB, Clements contract is about to spike, Spencer getting more fragile. Brown and the 7th-rounder (#35) are OK as back-ups, but seem a bit lacking to be a starter at this key position. James is just a guy. Need a starting quality, young CB. High priority, maybe higher then QB, depending on the HC situation.

4. C, if Baas is not re-signable. Heitmann is done (injury toll). Wragge is good as a back-up and spot starter. Wallace was a failed pick. Can Snyder really play center? Doubtful. If Baas, stays healthy and is re-signed, no big need here.

Beyond the above, go for Best Athlete, regardless of position.

If Singletary remains as HC, he will probably value a Gore-replacement very highly, but I doubt that any other HC would value a RB so highly, They often last only 3-4 good years, anyway, due to the battering ram nature of the job. Dixon was a great grab in Round 6. Arian Foster wasn't even drafted.

If Nedney is done, don't waste a draft pick on a PK. Find one in free agency.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Funny thing is I remember when we drafted Gore back in 05 in the 3rd round. Everyone was like who is this? Why do we need another RB? We got Kevan Barlow.

They also said "who is this" when we drafted Glen Coffee in round 3 because we had Gore. Look how that turned out.
QB

CB
Passrusher
QB
CB
OLB
WR
OG

Coaching staff

That's pretty much my list too. Maybe a center as well. For the future