LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Buffalo Bills Signaling that Fitzpatrick is their QB of the Future

Buffalo does not seem to have problems scoring points but are having problems stopping other teams. It has to at least be a possibility that trading down to get additional picks and the defensive player they covet is a viable option.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
They draft Luck and have Fitpatrick start next year. Its that simple

The guy who started 4 Luck threads in the last few days doesn't think so, in fact he seems to believe that because the Bills envision Fitzpatrick as the starter next year that they have already crossed off Andrew Luck from their draft board.

You know what it is V, this dude starts multiple threads of the same nature every year.

I noticed this trend as well

Seems to happen every year when we talk about the draft
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
They draft Luck and have Fitpatrick start next year. Its that simple

The guy who started 4 Luck threads in the last few days doesn't think so, in fact he seems to believe that because the Bills envision Fitzpatrick as the starter next year that they have already crossed off Andrew Luck from their draft board.

You know what it is V, this dude starts multiple threads of the same nature every year.

yeah, i know
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Even if that does hold to be true, they'd still be candidates for Luck. Don't kid yourself.

If the kid is another goat you trade up. If it's jerry rice you trade up. But if it's JOE FREAKING MONTANA we got him the black version names Troy Smith. O got his next Target Aj Green.
Originally posted by ozanter:
After watching the AZ game, i think tards will want a QB much more than us.

This is exactly what I thought. The difference a QB makes cannot be understated. If Kurt Warner is back there, Arizona would probably be 7-4 and would be clinching the division in about 2-3 weeks.

I understand that they weren't satisfied with Matt Leinart, but is he really WORSE than Derek Anderson? Excluding last night's game or even this season, he's been terrible for his career minus that one lucky year in 2007.

On the subject of Fitzpatrick, if they take Luck, I'd like for us to go after Fitzpatrick, if they don't, hopefully they pull a Houston a la 2006 (take the guy they want at no. 1 overall instead of trading down a few spots, acquiring multiple picks, and STILL getting that guy). The only certain threat that will probably draft in front of us right now is Arizona.
Originally posted by dj43:

I just don't see the Bills using their top pick for Luck. They are a better team than their record indicates but they still have a lot of needs that are greater than QB. They could trade down and still get Locker or Mallet and add another high draft pick for other needs.

Of course the same thing applies to the 49ers. As it stands now, they are in line to get any one of the three, and I just don't see Luck as being a second 1st round pick better than the next two guys.
1.they just play so "good" b/c they have nothing to lose, thus be aware of overrating them. the last 2 seasons, we were that good, too...it's like playing in garbage time the half of a season ;)
2.me (n)either (worthiness of luck).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

On the subject of Fitzpatrick, if they take Luck, I'd like for us to go after Fitzpatrick, if they don't, hopefully they pull a Houston a la 2006 (take the guy they want at no. 1 overall instead of trading down a few spots, acquiring multiple picks, and STILL getting that guy). The only certain threat that will probably draft in front of us right now is Arizona.
do you mean any guy who could help the tards? b/c

[ Edited by communist on Nov 30, 2010 at 14:07:38 ]
Originally posted by communist:

I just don't see the Bills using their top pick for Luck. They are a better team than their record indicates but they still have a lot of needs that are greater than QB. They could trade down and still get Locker or Mallet and add another high draft pick for other needs.

Of course the same thing applies to the 49ers. As it stands now, they are in line to get any one of the three, and I just don't see Luck as being a second 1st round pick better than the next two guys.
1.they just play so "good" b/c they have nothing to lose, thus be aware of overrating them. the last 2 seasons, we were that good, too...it's like playing in garbage time the half of a season ;)
2.me (n)either (worthiness of luck).

do you mean any guy who could help the tards? b/c

Sorry I wasn't. I meant if Buffalo takes Luck, I'd like for us to try and trade for Fitzpatrick. Considering he does ok with little talent around him, he could do some serious damage handing off to Gore, passing to VD, Crabtree, Walker, Westbrook (maybe?), and another speed receiver that we should be drafting in 2011.

Arizona was in the discussion because at this point, if Buffalo passes on Luck, they have to take Carr. Too bad Warner didn't wait another season to retire. Aruizona wouldn't even be in the discussion if that were the case.
Guess what draft Fitzpatrick was in?

Arizona was in the discussion because at this point, if Buffalo passes on Luck, they have to take Carr. Too bad Warner didn't wait another season to retire. Aruizona wouldn't even be in the discussion if that were the case.
1.i just don't trust him yet...i saw him failing at buffalo in the last years.
2.i have to to bed, i dont understand anything at all right now...i think that the carr-statement was a joke, wasnt it?
Why wouldn't they, he's done a damn good job, playing on a team with a very s**tty OL and all sorts of other issues. The Bills can get by with Fitzpatrick for a few more years.

You are living in the land of wishful thinking. If the Bills are at number one, and they have a franchise QB on the board, who may be the best QB to come out in the last decade, you don't stick with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
No way they just pass on Luck. They'll take the trade offers, but if nothing good comes up, the Bills won't just looked past the best QB in this upcoming draft.

The difference between Luck and three or four other QBs is not that great.

People around the Bay Area have an overly inflated view of Andrew Luck. He is a good prospect but it isn't like there is a mile of difference between him and the next guy.

I don't live in the Bay Area anymore -- I live South of Denver. And everybody thinks Luck is Payton Manning.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
No way they just pass on Luck. They'll take the trade offers, but if nothing good comes up, the Bills won't just looked past the best QB in this upcoming draft.

The difference between Luck and three or four other QBs is not that great.

People around the Bay Area have an overly inflated view of Andrew Luck. He is a good prospect but it isn't like there is a mile of difference between him and the next guy.

I don't live in the Bay Area anymore -- I live South of Denver. And everybody thinks Luck is Payton Manning.

Their style of play is different, but in terms of leadership, trust in his players, and football IQ, they are very similar.
Share 49ersWebzone