There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Remaining Schedules for Teams in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is good. But you can remove Denver (Tebow, Orton) and Detroit (Stafford) from this list. Even if they had the #1 overall they wouldn't take Luck.

I could, but they could trade the pick. Would you be shocked if a team like Seattle or Tennessee traded away a ton in order to get luck?

______

A trade is always possible, you're right. But yes, I would be shocked.

Luck would be the most undisputed #1 prospect in the last decade. So it would take a whole lot more than what the draft value chart says to get him. That would likely mean 2 firsts, a second and a player. Too much for a mediocre/poor team like the Seahawks or Titans. They, like us, have needs almost everywhere.

Michael Vick and Reggie Bush were way more coveted in December than Luck is. Bush didn't even end up going 1st. Anything can happen, Luck can have a terrible workout or an interview or an injury and may not even go no.1 overall if he declares.

Also, there are several really good players in the top 10. Couple of DBs, there are at least 3-4 Defensive linemen that could go in top 10 and all of them are very very impressive. At least 1 other QB, and a top wide-out.

There are no guarantees that Luck will even go 1st at this point even if he declares. He is no Manning or Elway...at least not in his soph year.

Agree w/ you on Vick. Its also key to think about the effect of the Combine. I fully expect Mallett to shatter some of the arm strength tests.
I'll break down what will happen if any of the following teams are on the board at number one with Andrew Luck

1 Carolina 1-10 .580
They will select Luck. While Clausen may end up a decent pro, his upside compared to Luck is minimal. His second round draft selection is not a huge burden on the salary cap, and he can be dealt.
2 Detroit 2-9 .557
The Lions would surely trade down. They have invested a huge sum of money on Matthew Stafford, and even though he is injured far too often for their liking, they are going to roll the dice with him.
3 Cincinnati 2-9 .585
The Bengals would draft Luck. Carson Palmer has really dropped off from the Palmer of old, from the 2005 version. Palmer would more than likely be traded to a QB hungry team that is not far from making a run, i.e. the Vikings.
4 Buffalo 2-9 .591
The Bills would draft Luck. While Fitzpatrick is a nice story, once again, a team is not going to bypass a guy who could be a great QB for a guy who could end up a good QB and a feel good story.
5 Arizona 3-8 .460
No explanation needed. In a heartbeat.
6/7F Denver 3-8 .523
Probably would bypass Luck as they have a guy performing at a pretty high level and another first rounder under contract. Just too much money sunk into one position.
6/7F Dallas 3-8 .523
Probably would bypass, as Romo is an established star.
8 San Francisco 4-7 .489
Of course.
9 Minnesota 4-7 .528
Of course
10 Cleveland 4-7 .568
Probably. Colt McCoy was a third rounder, and has been a good addition, but has only a few starts under his belt.

The bottom line is that Luck is not going to "fall" to us, unless he decides to go loco, break the law, spit on a girl scout, and even then, he probably wouldn't fall.

The only talk of Luck is whether we finish poorly enough that a team who is drafting number one would be willing to trade down to our level. I think this is really improbable. Teams simply don't trade down from number one to number eight.

In other words, we need to lose out to even come close to sniffing Luck, and I doubt that is going to happen. Sorry.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'll break down what will happen if any of the following teams are on the board at number one with Andrew Luck

1 Carolina 1-10 .580
They will select Luck. While Clausen may end up a decent pro, his upside compared to Luck is minimal. His second round draft selection is not a huge burden on the salary cap, and he can be dealt.
2 Detroit 2-9 .557
The Lions would surely trade down. They have invested a huge sum of money on Matthew Stafford, and even though he is injured far too often for their liking, they are going to roll the dice with him.
3 Cincinnati 2-9 .585
The Bengals would draft Luck. Carson Palmer has really dropped off from the Palmer of old, from the 2005 version. Palmer would more than likely be traded to a QB hungry team that is not far from making a run, i.e. the Vikings.
4 Buffalo 2-9 .591
The Bills would draft Luck. While Fitzpatrick is a nice story, once again, a team is not going to bypass a guy who could be a great QB for a guy who could end up a good QB and a feel good story.
5 Arizona 3-8 .460
6/7F Denver 3-8 .523
Probably would bypass Luck as they have a guy performing at a pretty high level and another first rounder under contract. Just too much money sunk into one position.
6/7F Dallas 3-8 .523
8 San Francisco 4-7 .489
Of course.
9 Minnesota 4-7 .528
Of course
10 Cleveland 4-7 .568
Probably. Colt McCoy was a third rounder, and has been a good addition, but has only a few starts under his belt.

The bottom line is that Luck is not going to "fall" to us, unless he decides to go loco, break the law, spit on a girl scout, and even then, he probably wouldn't fall.

The only talk of Luck is whether we finish poorly enough that a team who is drafting number one would be willing to trade down to our level. I think this is really improbable. Teams simply don't trade down from number one to number eight.

In other words, we need to lose out to even come close to sniffing Luck, and I doubt that is going to happen. Sorry.

"But, but, but I really feel the guy will fall to #15 or so if we are there. I really like Bay Area sports and think he should play for the 49ers. All teams will pass above us just so he can land in SF. They don't have QB needs. I think it would be swell if we get him. I just know it will happen."

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

1 Carolina 1-10 .580
2 Detroit 2-9 .557
3 Cincinnati 2-9 .585
4 Buffalo 2-9 .591
5 Arizona 3-8 .460
6/7F Denver 3-8 .523
6/7F Dallas 3-8 .523
8 San Francisco 4-7 .489
Of course.
9 Minnesota 4-7 .528
Of course
10 Cleveland 4-7 .568

"But, but, but I really feel the guy will fall to #15 or so if we are there. I really like Bay Area sports and think he should play for the 49ers. All teams will pass above us just so he can land in SF. They don't have QB needs. I think it would be swell if we get him. I just know it will happen."

U R Retarded. The whole point of this is premised on a trade-up.