There are 204 users in the forums

If Jim Harbaugh is an NFL Coach next year, Will Luck pull and Elway/Eli move?

If Jim Harbaugh is an NFL Coach next year, Will Luck pull and Elway/Eli move?

So, if Jim Harbaugh is coaching a team like, say, the 49ers and we are picking 6th or 7th, is there a chance Andrew Luck simply demands a trade away from a team like Buffalo or Carolina?

Just throwing it out there.
He doesn't seem like that kind of guy to me. Spoiled ass Eli and his meddling family had a lot to do with him wanting out of SD.
if Harbaugh gets the 49er job i hope luck does lol, he is a great talent
This Bills fan thinks he hinted at it during an interview
Originally posted by teeohh:

Wow, after a comment like that, I almost expect it. If we snag Harbaugh and make an offer to Buffalo for the #1 pick, we could have additional leverage.
I sure hope so lol

[ Edited by MaybeNextYear on Nov 28, 2010 at 11:04:16 ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Wow, after a comment like that, I almost expect it. If we snag Harbaugh and make an offer to Buffalo for the #1 pick, we could have additional leverage.

I'd like to read/hear the sources he's referring to though. I searched for that Brown thing and couldn't find it.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I'd like to read/hear the sources he's referring to though. I searched for that Brown thing and couldn't find it.

Quote:
Factors in Luck’s decision
Posted by Chris Brown on November 12, 2010 – 11:43 am

NFL.com writer Albert Breer has listed a few factors that will impact Andrew Luck’s decision on whether to turn pro or return to Stanford for the 2011 season.

In his column he wrote the following vignette about Luck.

Speaking of Luck, Stanford’s stud QB, he’s becoming a runaway favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft. The question now, as we mentioned, is whether he declares or not. And there could be an interesting dynamic at work there: He’s expected by those who’ve been around him to factor in who has that selection in making his decision on whether or not to leave Stanford after this, his redshirt sophomore season.

His father, former NFL quarterback and current West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, is expected to be pretty involved in all of this as well. So keep an eye on that race for the first pick in December, and keep your memories from 2004 fresh. That was when Eli and Archie Manning orchestrated the son’s arrival in New York with the Giants. Something similar could happen again, but my understanding is that Luck would have no issue with returning to Stanford for another year.

One other factor that could dramatically impact Luck’s decision is whether or not his head coach Jim Harbaugh is successfully plucked from the college ranks to be a head coach for an NFL team.

Dallas is the only sure fire team to be in search of a head coach and with labor uncertainty some teams may be less likely to pull the trigger on firing their current coach to hire a new one, not knowing if there will be games in 2011.

Knowing that the team that holds the top draft pick will impact Luck’s decision though is going to make things tricky. However, West Virginia University, where Luck’s dad is the athletic director is only four and a half hours from Buffalo (I’ve done the drive). Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are the only teams in the NFL that are closer and one of those teams won’t be anywhere near the top of the draft board, nor will they be looking for a signal caller (Pitt.).

Unfortunately I’m doubting that proximity will hold any privileges.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/11/12/factors-in-lucks-decision/
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I don't believe he would act such as this but I have to say that we need to get Harbaugh if we have any chance of getting Luck with a trade.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Quote:
Factors in Luck’s decision
Posted by Chris Brown on November 12, 2010 – 11:43 am

NFL.com writer Albert Breer has listed a few factors that will impact Andrew Luck’s decision on whether to turn pro or return to Stanford for the 2011 season.

In his column he wrote the following vignette about Luck.

Speaking of Luck, Stanford’s stud QB, he’s becoming a runaway favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft. The question now, as we mentioned, is whether he declares or not. And there could be an interesting dynamic at work there: He’s expected by those who’ve been around him to factor in who has that selection in making his decision on whether or not to leave Stanford after this, his redshirt sophomore season.

His father, former NFL quarterback and current West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, is expected to be pretty involved in all of this as well. So keep an eye on that race for the first pick in December, and keep your memories from 2004 fresh. That was when Eli and Archie Manning orchestrated the son’s arrival in New York with the Giants. Something similar could happen again, but my understanding is that Luck would have no issue with returning to Stanford for another year.

One other factor that could dramatically impact Luck’s decision is whether or not his head coach Jim Harbaugh is successfully plucked from the college ranks to be a head coach for an NFL team.

Dallas is the only sure fire team to be in search of a head coach and with labor uncertainty some teams may be less likely to pull the trigger on firing their current coach to hire a new one, not knowing if there will be games in 2011.

Knowing that the team that holds the top draft pick will impact Luck’s decision though is going to make things tricky. However, West Virginia University, where Luck’s dad is the athletic director is only four and a half hours from Buffalo (I’ve done the drive). Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are the only teams in the NFL that are closer and one of those teams won’t be anywhere near the top of the draft board, nor will they be looking for a signal caller (Pitt.).

Unfortunately I’m doubting that proximity will hold any privileges.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/11/12/factors-in-lucks-decision/

I didn't know his dad was a quarterback too. Did you know he used to be the president of NFL Europe?

Carolina looks like it is going to get the first pick, look at the rest of their schedule. Cowher has long been rumored to be the choice to replace Fox and not sure why he would not want to go there.
I think Luck would like to go to San Fran, especially if Harbaugh comes along.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Carolina looks like it is going to get the first pick, look at the rest of their schedule. Cowher has long been rumored to be the choice to replace Fox and not sure why he would not want to go there.

Because Cowher is a defensive coach, the Panthers Secondary and D-Line are awful, and they already have Clausen.

Carolina will have to convert to a 3-4 with Cowher, and that ain't cheap! I wouldn't be shocked with a trade-down and they take Marcell Darius as a 3-4 DE or even an NT.

Also, please don't forget that Carolina is missing a 2nd rounder and may need to trade down to recoup.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I think Luck would like to go to San Fran, especially if Harbaugh comes along.

His siblings go to Stanford too, so that would be an added bonus for him.
Boom.

We've got weapons too we just need a coaching staff to use them properly.

I can see us with the proper coaching emerging as a team like atlanta in Matt Ryans rookie year.

Good running game, weapons and a solid defense.
Share 49ersWebzone