LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 387 users in the forums

GEEK's First Mock Plan/Draft

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Schefter wrote today that last year the Eagles were asking for nor less than 2 first round picks, and he doesn't believe they will accept less this season. He thinks the Eagles will have both Vick and Kolb next season. I rather spend two first on moving up for Luck

They are f**king high if they think they will ever get that for Kolb.
i bet that the bills will pull the trigger

Have you seen Fitzpatrick play? He's lit up even some of the top defenses of the league. Buffalo has their guy. They'll be addressing other areas than QB this year.

I wouldn't be so sure about that OTC:

Quote:
3. Buffalo is going to be near the top of the draft, and Bills general manager Buddy Nix already is doing his due diligence. Nix flew to Northern California last week and spent a day at Stanford looking at quarterback Andrew Luck, who is likely to be the No. 1 pick if he turns pro after this season. Buffalo has been looking for a quarterback like Luck since Jim Kelly retired. The fact that Nix already is spending his time scouting quarterbacks up close and personal is an indication that, as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick has been this season, Buffalo knows it must upgrade at the most important position in sports. But just the Bills' luck: Their improved play might cost them their best chance at Luck.

But if they do draft Luck, I believe Fitz will start the season as Luck develops.

Link

They may have themselves a Kolb-Vick kind of situation if that happens. The thing is, Fitzpatrick is so young, you have no idea how much farther the kid can fly.

Fitz has not only proven he can be dominant against top teams in this league, he's shown he can be come from behind in the clutch and make plays. He is playing the way all teams want a franchise QB to play.

I agree he'll be the starter no matter who they draft, but I wouldn't be happy about the team wasting a pick on Luck if they already have a franchise guy who should be good for possibly the next 10 years. There are other QB's likely to be available. If I were Buffalo, I'd let someone trade the farm for their pick.

Buffalo then would have a chance to move down and still land one of a bevy of other quarterbacks, which may include: Newton, Locker, Stanzi, Kaepernick, Ponder, Devlin, Mallet, and maybe even Pryor.
  • gage
  • Veteran
I'm sorry but you lost me at a first for kolb, I don't think he has played enough to warrant that
What I Like
1. Jonathan Joseph is a good CB so that would be a nice pick up
2. This team could have easily got Leon Washington last year. Should have done that instead of Ted Ginn. He brings change of pace and is a real threat on special teams.
3. Drafting Nick Fairly. The dude is a beast.
4. Switching back to a 4-3.

Major problems here.
1. Franchising Manny You can't be serious. He's just average at best.
2. Starting Ted Ginn. He's brought nothing to this team and his return skills are vastly overrated. And he's a very poor WR.
3..Where is the upgrade at safety? Sorry I'm not trying to see 2 guys who can't cover at all as the starters.
4. Don't dislike getting Kolb. Just seems to steep. I would give them a 2nd for 2011 and maybe a 2012 2nd/3rd pick depending on performance/games played. .
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

They may have themselves a Kolb-Vick kind of situation if that happens. The thing is, Fitzpatrick is so young, you have no idea how much farther the kid can fly.

Fitz has not only proven he can be dominant against top teams in this league, he's shown he can be come from behind in the clutch and make plays. He is playing the way all teams want a franchise QB to play.

I agree he'll be the starter no matter who they draft, but I wouldn't be happy about the team wasting a pick on Luck if they already have a franchise guy who should be good for possibly the next 10 years. There are other QB's likely to be available. If I were Buffalo, I'd let someone trade the farm for their pick.

Buffalo then would have a chance to move down and still land one of a bevy of other quarterbacks, which may include: Newton, Locker, Stanzi, Kaepernick, Ponder, Devlin, Mallet, and maybe even Pryor.
fitzpatrick is a franchise qb???
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Schefter wrote today that last year the Eagles were asking for nor less than 2 first round picks, and he doesn't believe they will accept less this season. He thinks the Eagles will have both Vick and Kolb next season. I rather spend two first on moving up for Luck

They are f**king high if they think they will ever get that for Kolb.

Folks said they were crazy looking for a high 2nd for McNabb and they got it, along with a 3rd rounder. The Eagles front office is elite, and it's possible. I think it's too much but they know what they are doing.
Thanks for the post. The season is so dismal it is refreshing to look forward to something positive.

I'm not up to speed on all the picks you made but here's what I like:

A). Lewis would be an excellent choice for Defense Coach

B). I think the Pouncy pick is a really good pick and

C). Colin Kaepernick is a very good developmental QB selection. This guy has potential with a capital "P".

Thanks again fro a little fun during this horse crap season.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
What I Like
1. Jonathan Joseph is a good CB so that would be a nice pick up
2. This team could have easily got Leon Washington last year. Should have done that instead of Ted Ginn. He brings change of pace and is a real threat on special teams.
3. Drafting Nick Fairly. The dude is a beast.
4. Switching back to a 4-3.

Major problems here.
1. Franchising Manny You can't be serious. He's just average at best.
2. Starting Ted Ginn. He's brought nothing to this team and his return skills are vastly overrated. And he's a very poor WR.
3..Where is the upgrade at safety? Sorry I'm not trying to see 2 guys who can't cover at all as the starters.
4. Don't dislike getting Kolb. Just seems to steep. I would give them a 2nd for 2011 and maybe a 2012 2nd/3rd pick depending on performance/games played. .

Thanks for the critique.

The franchising Manny part was a 1 year test run of Manny Lawson in the 4-3 D. Frankly, I could see Brooks and Spikes competing for one OLB spot and Bowman getting the other OLB position, with Willis as the MLB. It would be the cheaper way, but I like the depth and flexibility of keeping Manny. It may be unlikely, but it's on my wish list.

Don't pay too much attention to the overall starters on the depth chart. It is just to give a good idea what our depth and versatility may be like with different personnel.

No upgrade because Mays deserves another chance and Reggie Smith is starting to come around as a DB. We have talent, we just need to use them properly.

Price is steep to get Kolb, but we would be a playoff team with an above average QB on this team. If QB is a critical need, and you were able to address the rest of your needs, wouldn't give up current and a future draft pick to fulfill that need? Plus, the market for teams that need QBs is pretty high, which inflates the cost to obtain Kolb.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for BrianUKNiner.
Geek, what's the reasoning on releasing Clements? Other than that fumble play and maybe being burnt twice, maximum, he's had a very good year. He's probably still one of the top 20-25 CB's in the league at this moment in time.
Share 49ersWebzone