LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

GEEK's First Mock Plan/Draft

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
I thought AB had him as a UFA

Goldson is a RFA under current terms since he only has 4 accured seasons - damn computer is messing up my posts.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Goldson is a RFA under current terms since he only has 4 accured seasons - damn computer is messing up my posts.

That's only under the standards of this year, a capless year in the end of the cba. I'm sure the new cba will keep the RFA period as 4 years.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by GEEK:

That's only under the standards of this year, a capless year in the end of the cba. I'm sure the new cba will keep the RFA period as 4 years.

If that's the case, then he'll be a UFA. And there will be more prospects on the open market.

My mock was just based on current terms.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

-Baas I can see as someone who gets overpaid ont he open market because he put together his first decent year. nobody talked about overpaying that guy...and i don't believe that he will cost us a big bunch of money.

-While I think Goldson hasn't earned an extension, tendering him would make a lot of sense. New DB coaches and new DC give him another year. If someone chooses to match the tender we could let him walk for a draft pick (depending on what the tender amount is) another year??? it's his 4th...he sucks at FS. i don't see absolutely no reason to tender him.

-2 years is not too much for Spikes and sends zero message. It doesn't guarantee a roster spot for either year, he still has to earn it. Vets get these kind of deals all the time and it doesn't mean he'd be here for 2 more years. yeah, right...neither bowman nor mckillop wouldn't mind about that at all...

-Washington gives you an additional player with return skills yes, however he'd be over a year removed from the broken leg. He is a change of pace back to Gore/Dixon and has proven before the broken leg his worth as a pass catcher out of the backfield as well. he was good behind the jets' o-line...and if you wanna another returner, go get one in the later rounds of the draft.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

-Baas I can see as someone who gets overpaid ont he open market because he put together his first decent year. nobody talked about overpaying that guy...and i don't believe that he will cost us a big bunch of money.

-While I think Goldson hasn't earned an extension, tendering him would make a lot of sense. New DB coaches and new DC give him another year. If someone chooses to match the tender we could let him walk for a draft pick (depending on what the tender amount is) another year??? it's his 4th...he sucks at FS. i don't see absolutely no reason to tender him.

-2 years is not too much for Spikes and sends zero message. It doesn't guarantee a roster spot for either year, he still has to earn it. Vets get these kind of deals all the time and it doesn't mean he'd be here for 2 more years. yeah, right...neither bowman nor mckillop wouldn't mind about that at all...

-Washington gives you an additional player with return skills yes, however he'd be over a year removed from the broken leg. He is a change of pace back to Gore/Dixon and has proven before the broken leg his worth as a pass catcher out of the backfield as well. he was good behind the jets' o-line...and if you wanna another returner, go get one in the later rounds of the draft.

-Baas's agent may very well whisper in his ear not to accept a fair offer from the 9ers and to test the open market, as some team may be willing to overpay for his services.

-Goldson isn't a RFA that was a mistake but if he was then yes you tender him. He can be given a chance to compete for a roster spot. He may not be starter material but at least you have a backup with starting experience. Since he is an UFA then letting him test the market is the right thing to do.

-Bowman and McKillop aren't supposed to like it, but they also know this is a business and will have to compete to win that job. Competition brings out the best. At worst, you have an experienced and proven backup.

-Again Washington provides the true change of pace back. The return skills are bonus.
I'm sorry but you lost me at a first for kolb, I don't think he has played enough to warrant that
1st and 3rd for Kolb.....f**k NO
Schefter wrote today that last year the Eagles were asking for nor less than 2 first round picks, and he doesn't believe they will accept less this season. He thinks the Eagles will have both Vick and Kolb next season. I rather spend two first on moving up for Luck
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
No first round pick. No way.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Schefter wrote today that last year the Eagles were asking for nor less than 2 first round picks, and he doesn't believe they will accept less this season. He thinks the Eagles will have both Vick and Kolb next season. I rather spend two first on moving up for Luck

They are f**king high if they think they will ever get that for Kolb.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

i bet that the bills will pull the trigger
I like some things, but also have a few disagreements:

-too many current coaches remain. at most, Harbaugh will keep 1 or 2 of our guys.

-Even if Marvin Lewis is fired, he's going to get another HC opportunity soon. Don't want to go through a revolving door at DC.

-You may have paid too much for Kolb. Remember, McNaab only took a 3rd rounder...adding a 1st is alot.

-Too much focus on O-line. There's a scheme issue, not a talent issue on our line. Too many high draft picks in that unit already. How many top round picks to the Colts or Pats have on their line?

-Too many free agents. It sounds good, but no team signs that many FAs.

-Does Kolb fit the Harbaugh offense? I really have no clue, does anyone know?
Not bad at all, really. Nice work Geek. Includes several of the same players and ideas I've been putting together for the first mock. Looks like I'll have to change it up a bit.

Have you seen Fitzpatrick play? He's lit up even some of the top defenses of the league. Buffalo has their guy. They'll be addressing other areas than QB this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Have you seen Fitzpatrick play? He's lit up even some of the top defenses of the league. Buffalo has their guy. They'll be addressing other areas than QB this year.

I wouldn't be so sure about that OTC:

Quote:
3. Buffalo is going to be near the top of the draft, and Bills general manager Buddy Nix already is doing his due diligence. Nix flew to Northern California last week and spent a day at Stanford looking at quarterback Andrew Luck, who is likely to be the No. 1 pick if he turns pro after this season. Buffalo has been looking for a quarterback like Luck since Jim Kelly retired. The fact that Nix already is spending his time scouting quarterbacks up close and personal is an indication that, as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick has been this season, Buffalo knows it must upgrade at the most important position in sports. But just the Bills' luck: Their improved play might cost them their best chance at Luck.

But if they do draft Luck, I believe Fitz will start the season as Luck develops.

Link
Share 49ersWebzone