There are 162 users in the forums

2011 mock draft- November 16th Version

Cameron Jordan DE Cal is going to be drafted pretty high IMO.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Panthers gonna have that number 1 draft spot. and could be going for the Luck Harbaugh combo

Yup, I think the Bills win a couple more games. The way Carolina's offense is struggling, hard seeing them win anymore games.

......dammit why couldn't we have had their #1 pick this year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
There's gonna be some angry folks in here if we pass on Jake Locker.

We should not pass on him. Also Julio Jones > Prince.

I was a huge Julio Jones fan and I still am a little bit, but he had a HORRIBLE 2009 season. Continually dropping passes and showing some slow feet while running his routes. He's got better stats this year but he's still dropping lots of passes.

I'd take AJ Green or even Jon Baldwin over him at this point. Julio used to remind me of Dwayne Bowe, but now he's looking a lot like Braylon Edwards.
I know it's still real early and a lot can happen from now till the draft, but I do find it interesting that you have Gabe Carimi going in the top 10. Actually, there are a lot of people I'm surprised with, but I guess that's why mocks are fun.
Nice job!

Man, I love these things! I remember last year at this time that Iupati was being mentioned so yes, there will be players that climb up the boards into the first while pushing the still good players into the second.

Right now, I see that happening with Dowling. Projected top 15 and now seems to be slipping to the end of first or top of second.

With that in mind AB, I wanted your take on this. BPA in a position of need seems the way to go. Given that we have serious question marks on CB, QB and pass rusher, I feel those three positions are our top priority. Therefore, I came up with a list that intrigued me. I have compiled players who I think are or will become 1st rd talent with their slotted rank in my book:

QBs
Luck--1
Locker--15
Mallett--18
Newton, yes Newton--23

CBs--Very deep class indeed!
Peterson--2
Amukamara--10
Jenkins--14
B. Harris--26
Williams--29

Pass Rusher 3-4
Quinn--7
Ayers--13
Kerrigan--19
Miller--25

So here's my board with these guys...
Luck
Peterson
Quinn
Amukamara
Ayers
Jenkins
Locker
Mallett
Kerrigan
Newton
Miller
Harris
Williams

Man, I don't know. That CB class is very top heavy this year with at least nine candidates in the top 50!

Therefore, I can see us going after Locker or Mallett and maybe Newton in the first and still land a great CB in the second as opposed to grabbing Jenkins and then have to grab one of the lower tier QBs like Stanzi.

And like every year, QBs and OTs get over valued so we may not even get to see the top three QBs by the time we pick. Newton maybe the only choice at that time.

I like our chances for nabbing a great player in a position of need.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Nice job!

Man, I love these things! I remember last year at this time that Iupati was being mentioned so yes, there will be players that climb up the boards into the first while pushing the still good players into the second.

Right now, I see that happening with Dowling. Projected top 15 and now seems to be slipping to the end of first or top of second.

With that in mind AB, I wanted your take on this. BPA in a position of need seems the way to go. Given that we have serious question marks on CB, QB and pass rusher, I feel those three positions are our top priority. Therefore, I came up with a list that intrigued me. I have compiled players who I think are or will become 1st rd talent with their slotted rank in my book:

QBs
Luck--1
Locker--15
Mallett--18
Newton, yes Newton--23

Peterson--2
Amukamara--10
Jenkins--14
B. Harris--26
Williams--29

Pass Rusher 3-4
Quinn--7
Ayers--13
Kerrigan--19
Miller--25

Luck
Peterson
Quinn
Amukamara
Ayers
Jenkins
Locker
Mallett
Kerrigan
Newton
Miller
Harris
Williams

Man, I don't know. That CB class is very top heavy this year with at least nine candidates in the top 50!

Therefore, I can see us going after Locker or Mallett and maybe Newton in the first and still land a great CB in the second as opposed to grabbing Jenkins and then have to grab one of the lower tier QBs like Stanzi.

And like every year, QBs and OTs get over valued so we may not even get to see the top three QBs by the time we pick. Newton maybe the only choice at that time.

yeah, great to hear from ya Tico. I like a lot of guys, Im high on Amukamara.

I want Luck, but I am hoping mister Troy Smith stays on top and is our QB. With that said, depending on our position of drafting, I would say go Pass Rush or CB.

My guys at those positions, besides the top guys are;

Janoris Jenkins
A.Williams
Harris

Ayers
Von Miller
Kerrigan
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Nice job!

QBs
Luck--1
Locker--15
Mallett--18
Newton, yes Newton--23

Peterson--2
Amukamara--10
Jenkins--14
B. Harris--26
Williams--29

Pass Rusher 3-4
Quinn--7
Ayers--13
Kerrigan--19
Miller--25

Luck
Peterson
Quinn
Amukamara
Ayers
Jenkins
Locker
Mallett
Kerrigan
Newton
Miller
Harris
Williams

I want Luck, but I am hoping mister Troy Smith stays on top and is our QB. With that said, depending on our position of drafting, I would say go Pass Rush or CB.

Janoris Jenkins
A.Williams
Harris

Ayers
Von Miller
Kerrigan

Great minds, right?

I'm starting to like Jenkins more and more. He did very well against AJ Green, right? Great quick twitch guy with awesome ball skills.

Seriously, these last three years we landed a top player at a position of need each time we needed one: Crabtree--#1 WR, Davis and Iupati--OT, OG, and now CB, too? Wow!

Love this deep class of CBs!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Nice job!

QBs
Luck--1
Locker--15
Mallett--18
Newton, yes Newton--23

Peterson--2
Amukamara--10
Jenkins--14
B. Harris--26
Williams--29

Pass Rusher 3-4
Quinn--7
Ayers--13
Kerrigan--19
Miller--25

Luck
Peterson
Quinn
Amukamara
Ayers
Jenkins
Locker
Mallett
Kerrigan
Newton
Miller
Harris
Williams

Janoris Jenkins
A.Williams
Harris

Ayers
Von Miller
Kerrigan

Great minds, right?

I'm starting to like Jenkins more and more. He did very well against AJ Green, right? Great quick twitch guy with awesome ball skills.

Seriously, these last three years we landed a top player at a position of need each time we needed one: Crabtree--#1 WR, Davis and Iupati--OT, OG, and now CB, too? Wow!

Love this deep class of CBs!

indeed great minds think a like.

Ok, now if we get a CB or Pass Rusher, then we would have used our 1st rd picks, assuming the pick in 2011 pans out, really well.

2006- TE V.Davis
2007- ILB Willis
2007- OT Staley(Im not giving up on him)
2009- WR Crabtree
2010- OT David
2010- OG Iupati

not to mention how we have hit on 2nd-7th rd picks.
AB and tico, you guys think Kerrigan is athletic enough to be a 3-4 OLB? Wouldn't he be stricky a pass rush guy? Could he cover? Depending on where we end up I would say in our rang right now he would be a reach. If we are picking an OLB that high wouldn't you guys prefer if he can cover and get 10 sacks a year (hopefully).
Originally posted by Gore_21:
AB and tico, you guys think Kerrigan is athletic enough to be a 3-4 OLB? Wouldn't he be stricky a pass rush guy? Could he cover? Depending on where we end up I would say in our rang right now he would be a reach. If we are picking an OLB that high wouldn't you guys prefer if he can cover and get 10 sacks a year (hopefully).

oh yeah, he would be a project at covering, thats his one knock he has on him.

He has the pass rush skills, so no need to really fine tune that, but If we're in the late 1st than i say draft him if BPA by Need.

I see some guys falling and some rising.

Falling:

Ingram (mid teens-Early 20's)
Carimi (Mid 1st; even tho I have him ion top 10, he could still fall)
Baldwin (Mid 1st; same as Carimi, he has had a rockey senior season)
Castonzo (Mid-Late 1st)
Murray (Late 1-Early 2; Not many teams need a RB)

Rising:

Newton
Kerrigan
Ayers
Tolliver

Other notable; falling: Rudolph, B.Carter, M.Austin, Heyward.

Panthers gonna have that number 1 draft spot. and could be going for the Luck Harbaugh combo

Pathers took Clausen (I probably buchered his name) last year so I think they would trade down or pass on Luck. One way or another I think he's going to Buffalo.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Pathers took Clausen (I probably buchered his name) last year so I think they would trade down or pass on Luck. One way or another I think he's going to Buffalo.

nope you got Clausen's name right.

Anyway, I agree, I see them going AJ Green. Bigger need, or Clayborn/Dareus to replace Peppers.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yup, I think the Bills win a couple more games. The way Carolina's offense is struggling, hard seeing them win anymore games.

......dammit why couldn't we have had their #1 pick this year.

I have been thinking the same thing. Damn if the niners have any luck it is always bad.
Getting Prince would be tremendous for our team. For our sake, I hope Troy Smith continues to excel, so much so that we don't have to draft a QB early. That opens up the opportunity to address other serious holes early on, and then look at guys like Kaepernick and Stanzi in the middle rounds.

Something like this would be a fine turnout:

1. Prince Amukamara-CB-Nebraska
2. Jeremy Beal-DE/OLB-Oklahoma
3. Ahmad Black-S-Florida
4. John Moffitt-OG-Wisconsin
4. Ricky Stanzi-QB-Iowa
5. James Brewer-OT-Indiana
6. Brian Duncan-OLB-Texas Tech
6. Anthony Gray-NT-Southern Miss
7. Mike Mohamed-ILB-California
7. James Rodgers-WR-Oregon State

But we've still got a long way to go. Who knows what these players' values will be in a few months.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Getting Prince would be tremendous for our team. For our sake, I hope Troy Smith continues to excel, so much so that we don't have to draft a QB early. That opens up the opportunity to address other serious holes early on, and then look at guys like Kaepernick and Stanzi in the middle rounds.

Something like this would be a fine turnout:

1. Prince Amukamara-CB-Nebraska
2. Jeremy Beal-DE/OLB-Oklahoma
3. Ahmad Black-S-Florida
4. John Moffitt-OG-Wisconsin
4. Ricky Stanzi-QB-Iowa
5. James Brewer-OT-Indiana
6. Brian Duncan-OLB-Texas Tech
6. Anthony Gray-NT-Southern Miss
7. Mike Mohamed-ILB-California
7. James Rodgers-WR-Oregon State

But we've still got a long way to go. Who knows what these players' values will be in a few months.

you think stanzi stays until the 4th?
Share 49ersWebzone